Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Mirror for Car - without head rests

We're about to move in the next month or so and it'll take about 3 days to get to where we are going.  She'll be needing to ride in my car, which is a Pontiac Torrent and she is in the middle.  There is no head rest.  Is there a mirror that would still work to see her?  My husband uses a mirror in his car, but he has bucket seats with a head rest.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mirror for Car - without head rests

• The fisher price monkey mirror we have says it can be installed without a headrest. I've never tried it since we have headrests, but I think it attaches to the top tether point and has Velcro to make it stand up.
  • I don't have headrest but I do have the upper LATCH thing. I just slide the velcro belt through that and it hangs. It isn't perfect but it works. HTH

image image

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• don't buy the one that's about five bucks at Target and has a sticky cup on it... it doesn't stay on longer than five minutes.
  • Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but those things are a huge safety risk. They can fly off and cause head injuries in an accident. We bought one but never installed it in the car, it's on his crib and he likes using it there.

My blog: 
     TheAccidentalWallflower.com image 
    BFP: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICUimage
  • Thanks everyone!  I think I'll look into the rainforest mirror.  Need something simple. 

And yes, I realize the safety issues.  But think about it. Anything can propel at the child in an accident.  Consider the logic.  Even a kleenex box.  And besides, I never had one in before in my car - but given the long trip and for my sanity, I'll use one for the trip. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards