December 2012 Moms
Options

TMI but ? about pp flow

Ok, I don't know where else to post this question, so here goes. I'm two weeks pp. My flow has definitely decreased, but it's still dark red. No foul odor and no fever or cramps or anything weird. I have a dr appointment on January 4. I'm wondering if this is something I should be concerned about or if it can wait until then? This is my second baby, and I don't remember this stage lasting as long....could being induced and having a very long labor/extremely short delivery have anything to do with it?
Thanks!!

Re: TMI but ? about pp flow

• Options
    I'm 4 weeks pp and flow stopped completely yesterday. 2 weeks ago it was still red, though not heavy, and nothing seemed strange or out of place. It seems normal enough to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like you're still in the normal range. I am also having PP bleeding lasting longer than the first time, but was told this may happen at the hospital because it's my second kid. I am almost 4 weeks PP and bled red until about 3 weeks. I am down to panty liners now, but I wouldn't say I'm 'done' just yet.
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also feel Im bleeding longer than the first time. Im down to panty liners but its heavier some days than others, just when I think its gone, its not. I think its when Im more active.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks all! I figured since everything else is good, it was normal. How soon we forget about this stuff!!
  • Options
    Hmm. I don't think so? At least, in my experience, I lost my belly way before my flow stopped. But that's something that probably varies as much between women as the length of flow does....
  • Options
    I'm 3 weeks pp and mine has pretty much completely stopped. I do agree with PPs in saying that doing too much will increase the flow. I have found whenever I am most active, it increases and changes in color. As long as you are feeling all right and not experiencing severe pain, you should be okay.
    Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"