Trying to Get Pregnant

hello to all - intro

Hello everyone :-)

Thought I would introduce myself . . . my husband and I have been together for 10+ years . . .married since last April.  We decided this past summer to start on the ttc journey.  First thing we did was get checked out . .  I had an hsg and he had a sperm test . . . all came back fine.  been taking prenatal vit since the summer . . . lost 50+ lbs this past year so am at a very healthy weight . . . been doing all the things we should . . .

So far I have read a few books on the subject, we started with trying to track ovulation with those strips from drugstore but was not successful . . . tried to track my bbt but kept forgetting to write it down or take my temp . .  checked cervical mucus but could not figure that out - and the cervical position oh my! could not figure that out for sure!  . . . read the take charge of your fertility book and was confused by most of it . . .then we tried digital cb fertility monitor but I could super frustrated that I never saw the dang smiley face . . .  so we upgraded to cb digital fertility monitor . . . last cycle of using it I found that it was high fertility for over 16 days without a peak reading . . . super frustrating . . .

. . . finally I am on vacation for a week and a half. . . taking daily readings with cb fertility monitor and FINALLY saw the peak / egg yesterday morning at CD 12 . . . double checked with digital monitor and viola! -- smiley face! today CD 13 - same thing.  And here I was starting to think maybe I did not ovulate. haha 

We baby danced yesterday .  . and today 2x :-) because we were just having fun  . . . planning to go again tomorrow . . . read about this smep method . . . sounds like a plan so I guess I will skip a day then go again once more

after several months of this madness I am overjoyed to find out I might actually ovulate normally . . . and that I may have actually figured out what works for this . . . what a journey so far it has been!

ME (36) DH (43) 
Cycle #1 (May 20 with obgyn) Chlomid 50mg CD 3-7 – BFN  FSH 3.4 / LH 6.95/Prolactin 8.0 “PCOS”?
HSG – no blockage  SA – high volume “low motility”
Cycle#2 (June 20 with RE) Provera to start cycle u/s showed 18mm cyst – benched / birth control
AMH 0.39 “diminished ovarian reserve” – RE ruled out PCOS
Cycle #3 (July 13 with RE) Letrozole 7.5 for CD 3-12 – “slow follicle development”– TIC – BFN
Cycle #4 (Aug 15 with RE) Cysts at baseline – benched / birth control  . . .came back Sept 4 no cysts
. . . decided to seek out 2nd opinion . ..
Cycle #5 (Sept 12 with new RE) Letrozole 10 mg CD 2 – 11, good follicle development at day 12 Left (25mm) & Right (14mm) took HCG trigger then IUI Sept 25 . . . Progesterone 20 / Estradiol 12 . . . BFN

Cycle#6 (Oct 14 with RE) Letrozone 10 mg CD 3-6 Menopur CD 7-10, CD 12 trans u/s showed 4 follicles developing with "triple stripe" uterine lining took HCG trigger then IUI October 28  (SA count 22 with 91% motility).  . .  . Progesterone 35 . . . BFP 11/13 . . . 1st beta 322  . . . 2nd beta 788!!  1st ultrasound will be Dec. 2!

EDD July 19, 2014 - so far pregnancy has been going really well - healthy u/s and healthy heartbeats . . .praying this continues

Re: hello to all - intro

• Welcome and GL. Most of us on here temp as a way to confirm ovulation, as the OPKs only let you know that your body has geared up to ovulate, not that it has actually done so. Check out fertilityfriend.com as well as the newbie link for more advice.
    June 2014 July Siggy Challenge - Squish Pics

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Kryptic Mischief in the Making
  • image Beth&Derek:

You had an HSG done before starting to ttc? Why? From what I've read, that's a pretty serious procedure that most women don't get done until they've been trying for at least a year.

If you're interested in trying to chart your bbt again, check out fertilityfriend.com. They've got tutorials that can help and can help you confirm that you actually ovulated since fertility monitors/OPKs only tell you that you're gearing up to ovulate, not that you did.

Yes All of this.

Welcome and good luck. 

Started TTC #1-5/2011 she arrived 9/15/14 I am 37 and hubs is 38
    Oct 2013 IVF#1 BFN, 1 blast on ice Dec 2013 FET - Dec 20th transferred 4AB blast - BFP!
    Beta #1 = 230 Beta #2 = 478 

Baby Penguin born 9/15/14 via csection - we are so in love
     Bloggity blog
    imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and good luck to you!!

• Welcome and good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • image Beth&Derek:

You had an HSG done before starting to ttc? Why? From what I've read, that's a pretty serious procedure that most women don't get done until they've been trying for at least a year.

If you're interested in trying to chart your bbt again, check out fertilityfriend.com. They've got tutorials that can help and can help you confirm that you actually ovulated since fertility monitors/OPKs only tell you that you're gearing up to ovulate, not that you did.

This and welcome!

**March Siggy Challenge**

• Welcome! How were you able to get a HCG? I thought you had to try for a year first?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ello and Good Luck =D
    Me: 31 DH: 33 Married : 12 Years going on 16 years together TTC since 9/2001 11/2012 100 MG Clomid 12/2012 200 MG Clomid: IUI 12/26 2 Week Wait Praying for a miracle
  • Welcome and good luck!  Why the HSG so early?!
  • Just want to say welcome and good luck! 

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Welcome to the board!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• thanks for the warm welcome - such wonderful advice.  appreciate the support.

ME (36) DH (43) 
    Cycle #1 (May 20 with obgyn) Chlomid 50mg CD 3-7 – BFN  FSH 3.4 / LH 6.95/Prolactin 8.0 “PCOS”?
    HSG – no blockage  SA – high volume “low motility”
    Cycle#2 (June 20 with RE) Provera to start cycle u/s showed 18mm cyst – benched / birth control
    AMH 0.39 “diminished ovarian reserve” – RE ruled out PCOS
    Cycle #3 (July 13 with RE) Letrozole 7.5 for CD 3-12 – “slow follicle development”– TIC – BFN
    Cycle #4 (Aug 15 with RE) Cysts at baseline – benched / birth control  . . .came back Sept 4 no cysts
    . . . decided to seek out 2nd opinion . ..
    Cycle #5 (Sept 12 with new RE) Letrozole 10 mg CD 2 – 11, good follicle development at day 12 Left (25mm) & Right (14mm) took HCG trigger then IUI Sept 25 . . . Progesterone 20 / Estradiol 12 . . . BFN

Cycle#6 (Oct 14 with RE) Letrozone 10 mg CD 3-6 Menopur CD 7-10, CD 12 trans u/s showed 4 follicles developing with "triple stripe" uterine lining took HCG trigger then IUI October 28  (SA count 22 with 91% motility).  . .  . Progesterone 35 . . . BFP 11/13 . . . 1st beta 322  . . . 2nd beta 788!!  1st ultrasound will be Dec. 2!

EDD July 19, 2014 - so far pregnancy has been going really well - healthy u/s and healthy heartbeats . . .praying this continues

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards