3rd Trimester
Options

losing mucus plug, only 30 weeks

so i'm really worried because i'm pretty sure i lost my mucus plug this morning and i am only 30 weeks, 2 days. i'm a first time mom.. i'm a very petite girl so i was wondering if i'd make it to 40 weeks, but this seems a little TOO early! is it possible to lose only pieces of the mucus plug, or does it all come at once? the mucus was not bloody at all. i also understand that losing the plug often means labor is in the not-so-distant future. how soon does it indicate, and will my baby be okay coming out that early?! :

worried mommy

Re: losing mucus plug, only 30 weeks

• Options
    I would call your OB
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Your mucus plug can regenerate. I wouldn't worry to much unless you start have red blood or contractions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i lost my mucos plug the first time and then remained pregnant for several more weeks.
  • Options

imageFutureMrsTowns:
    I would call your OB

This. Even if it isn't necessarily the mucous plug, if it was enough discharge for you to wonder or be concerned your doctor should know. They can tell you whether you should get it checked out or not.

Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imagesteph620:

imageFutureMrsTowns:
    I would call your OB

This. Even if it isn't necessarily the mucous plug, if it was enough discharge for you to wonder or be concerned your doctor should know. They can tell you whether you should get it checked out or not.

I agree with this, but also take into consideration about what one of the pp had to say about what is known as "bloody show". You asked if it all comes out at once or in stages (I can't quite remember how you worded it), but it could be discharge. To put yourself at ease get in touch with your OB, or call a toll free nurse hotline if they are available in your area, to get advice. 

• Options
    My OB said that you can lose it and it comes back... but there are also times where it can just look more like discharge and less of a 'plug'... and then she also said that some people don't lose it prior to giving birth.... so if you aren't having contractions or bleeding like it's your period then you should be fine... but at anytime if something doesn't feel right or you are worried you should call your OB office number.... that's what they are there for :)
  • Options
    I lost mucus plug pieces the day after Thanksgiving & am still (quite uncomfortably) pregnant a month later.  It doesn't necessarily mean that labor is in the near future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I can understand I lost part of my Mucus plug at 31 weeks and it was only a piece. So yes it is possible, and I even asked the doctor about it and he told me its not a big deal to lose a piece at a time. Where it was as little earlier then most some woman do while other will lose the whole thing at one time.  

According to my doctor losing your plug is not a good indication of labor the range is far to big for most to predict though some doctors might. He told me hes had some lose it at 31 and not go into labor for 7 weeks at the longest he had seen go without it.

I would call your ob and let them know, but for what its worth my ob wasn't concerned at all. He just told me to play on the safe side and relax more, drink more and try to keep from panicking since too much stress can induce labor in itself. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was 32 weeks when I started to lose my mucus plug. I told my ob and she checked me and I was 2cm dilated. They put me on bedrest but I didn't dilate anymore until 39 weeks. I would let your ob know. Better safe than sorry!
  • Options
    Call your OB or the advice nurse. It never hurts!

• Options

It is definitely possible to lose it and grow it back.....

BUT

Myself and my two preemie mom friends all lost ours within 24-48 hours of going into labor or having our water break so I'd call your OB. If you're contracting but don't know it, they can often stop it.

• Options
    Are you sure it's your mucus plug and not just thick discharge? For me, my mucus plus was a giant string with blood in it that came out every time I went to the bathroom, for 3 days straight. Like, (TMI) I could pull on it and I could feel it pulling out from my cervix. It was literally one giant string that just kept coming. I never understood when people said it comes out in "pieces" because that's not how I would describe it at all (though of course it's different for everyone, I'm sure). Anyway, I went into labor 3 days after I started to lose it.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"