March 2012 Moms

Question about level of crib

Hey March mommas!!  Great news, DD is learning to pull to stand..so far in the past few days she's getting comfy just pulling onto her knees and peaking up to see what's on the table, couch, etc...now here's the thing.  It's starting to affect her going down for naps.  That, I'm ok with, because I know it's a passing phase of excitement over a newfound skill (or at least I tell myself this).  However, she's fully ready to one day soon pull to stand.  I have the crib on the medium level.  It's not newborn level, and not at the very lowest.  Do I even need to have it at the lowest is my question?  If she were to pull to stand, it'd only be her head that would be poking above.  It's not like she'd be standing with her waist above the top of the crib.  I'd love to hear your opinions and what you mommas of standing babe's have done this far with your crib.  TIA
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Question about level of crib

• Ours isn't at the very lowest. One level above that. DD's head is above the crib and the rail is about level with her shoulders, I would say, or maybe a little higher. 
  • Ours only has 2 levels, so it's on the lowest.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ours is on the lowest level because we only have 2 levels. But DS has already learned to pull himself up onto things. Such as the fireplace and boxes and so forth. (Currently working on getting over the coffee table HA!) I don't think he could pull himself over the rail of the crib if it were on a higher level... But.. you just never know until it is too late, and you never want that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours is on the middle of 3. When she pulls herself up, just her head and a little bit of her shoulders are above. I'm not moving it down one more just yet.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012 ~ TTC #2: Started 4/2014

• we have 3 levels and just dropped ours to the lowest as we kept finding him kneeling up at the rails and grinning at us.  It's great that he is waking up happy and not crying.. he just kneels up and shouts so we know he is awake ... then waits grinning for someone to come get him.

Better safe than sorry even if Momma is having a tougher time since I am so short lol
  • Ours is at the middle level.  DS has been pulling to stand for quite a while now, but he's on the short side so even at the middle level, his head is above the top, but nothing else.  When standing, the rails are actually at perfect chewing height for him, which he was excited to discover lol!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    52 books in 2014?              
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Wipz:
    we have 3 levels and just dropped ours to the lowest as we kept finding him kneeling up at the rails and grinning at us.  It's great that he is waking up happy and not crying.. he just kneels up and shouts so we know he is awake ... then waits grinning for someone to come get him.

Better safe than sorry even if Momma is having a tougher time since I am so short lol

All of this, exactly. DS isn't pulling to stand yet, but when he's kneeling his head is level with the top of the rail. Also, when we were lowering it, it was such a pain that I didn't want to have to do it twice, so we skipped the middle level and went straight to the lowest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards