Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby falling asleep on us

I know my DD is still super young and it might not matter but she is only falling asleep on us. She almost always falls asleep while nursing and then I move her to the RnP or PnP but she almost never lays down awake and puts herself to sleep. Is it too early for me to be concerned about forming bad habits? I'm thinking it's just the skin to skin and the comfort of us that helps her sleep and she will grow out of it but I keep feeling bad every time she falls asleep on me or DH.  

Re: Baby falling asleep on us

• It is way too early to start bad habits.  When they are that little, you are bonding with her and she gets to know who you and your DH are. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • My little guy was like this as well. He has grown out of it to an extent. He certainly doesn't mind sleeping on his own most of the time. But he just a big cuddler in general..sooo its easier to get him to sleep when DH and i hold him. We are slowly trying to break the habit and its getting better for sure! Our little guy is 7 weeks today! GL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• image teds1chic:

Is it too early for me to be concerned about forming bad habits?

Yes. Enjoy it now, because when they're older/busier, you'll miss it. Promise! 

imageimage
    Homebirthing, babywearing, cloth diapering, young mama to two beautiful babies
    and married to my best friend in the world.
    imageimage
  • LO's can't form bad habits at such a young age.  My LO used to sleep on us all the time too when she was soooo tiny, now she's 6 months and I can't remember the last time she did! Enjoy it! :)
    photo TigEaster090_zpsd01f500c.jpg
    photo TigEaster055_zps81162d6c.jpg
  • Please stop worrying. She's 10 days old. She was cuddling w/ you for 9 months and now she is in the "big" world. Hold her. Cuddle her. Pretty much do whatever she needs. 

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • My DS does the same thing and it used to worry me, but most of the more experienced moms have told me that it's not until like six months that they start developing the habits. But that's really just from their personal experiences.

I am trying to get my DS to sleep in his RnP more, but I still love the one-on-one cuddle time :)

Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She's brand new.  You don't have to worry about it.  The nurse in the hospital gave me a hard time 6 HOURS after I had my son.  Told me I'd be miserable forever if I ever let him fall asleep on me and that I needed to let him fall asleep in his crib. I ignored her.

DS spent the first 2 months sleeping on my chest at night and transitioned to sleeping in his room on his own with no issues.  He only took naps when DH or I held him until he was 9 months old.  Then he transitioned to napping in his room with no issues.  And you know what I have?  A million happy memories of my warm, happy baby asleep on me.  Which keep me going now that my lunatic toddler can't sit still for more than 12 seconds :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you all. This is exactly what I needed to hear. 
  • Oh My! your problem is just mine right now. My daughter only sleeps on my chest or hubby's chest . During day she sleeps fine in bouncy chair,crib and bassinet though. We had the same concerns about co sleeping safety & bad habits and were told its too early to form habits until 3 months.  Im glad im not the only one dealing with this issue. Let me know if you find the answer lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker