2nd Trimester

Dr. Appt. yesterday

Had a difficult dr appt yesterday.  Baby Cliff is doing fine - moving around and kicking for all he is worth.  I, on the other hand, ended up going to the hospital for IV fluids.  Come to find out, I am more dehydrated than I thought and the m/s - all day sickness - is to blame.  I have lost all the weight I gained and am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  It is official, at the start of my 3rd tri I have HG.  Well, at least the OB seems to agree with me now that there is something about which to be concerned.    I go back in two weeks - not sure if the timing is b/c of how far along or b/c of being dehydrated.   As long as baby is healthy, my difficulties seem  of little importance - I can put up with most anything.  I just want him strong, healthy and growing - which thank GOD he is doing.

I am also moving up to 3rd tri board.  T&P with each of you and I pray to see all of you there soon.

Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dr. Appt. yesterday

• I'm so sorry! As someone who has dealt with HG with both pregnancies (and trust me, there will never be another because of it), I totally sympathize with you. I'm also sorry that it took your providers so long to take you seriously, that's very similar to my first pregnancy. Have you looked into home health care? From about week 5-18 I was on it with a PICC line in place so that I could give myself daily fluids. If you're not to the point of needing it that's awesome, but if you do need it it's nice to not have to go in all of the time for fluids. Message me if you need someone to talk to, the HG board at babycenter was also really helpful for me as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks.  I will do that.  So far, home health care is not considered necessary but if I continue to lose weight and fluids like I have been, it just might.  I have been given a strict regimen of fluids to drink every day and we are trying to see if that helps.  He also put me on a larger dose of the Zofran to see if that makes any difference.  
    Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Are you taking the Zofran every 6 hours on the dot? That made a huge difference for me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards