Trying to Get Pregnant

****FFFC*****

For the new ladies. This is our weekly "Flame Free" Friday Confession. Just beware, it's not always flame free.  So, let's make 'em juicy!

June 2014 April Siggy Challenge - Cute Baby Animals
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Kryptic Mischief in the Making

Re: ****FFFC*****

• Both my sister and my brother are both getting married next summer. I'm the MOH in my sisters wedding and a BM in my brothers wedding. My sister is actually marrying my husbands brother (weird we know). It's been very straining on our relationships with our siblings. 

I would have rather gotten pregnant in October and miss my sisters wedding, my edd was the day of their wedding than pregnant this cycle where my edd would be the day before my brothers wedding, but hey if I do get KU this cycle I'm not going to complain:)

Long story short, I'd rather be a BM in my brothers wedding than the MOH in my sisters wedding. 

~Allyson 5 & Ellianna 4~
    ~Team green for baby # 3 EDD 4/4/14~
  • I'm on vacation (semester is over for both my classes and the classes I teach). I was working on grades till this past Saturday, then the holidays showed up, so I've really only had 2 days to relax. DH thinks I've been cleaning and organizing the house the whole time I've been home when really I've been chillin watching Netflix. Around 3pm I've been hopping in the shower and then cleaning so it looks like I've been doing it all day.

Our rainbow has arrived!

Baby Boy ColeRose born 12.6.13 

*Everyone Always Welcome*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image ColeRose:
    I'm on vacation (semester is over for both my classes and the classes I teach). I was working on grades till this past Saturday, then the holidays showed up, so I've really only had 2 days to relax. DH thinks I've been cleaning and organizing the house the whole time I've been home when really I've been chillin watching Netflix. Around 3pm I've been hopping in the shower and then cleaning so it looks like I've been doing it all day.

Yes Love this!

My FFFC: I didn't do laundry this weekend and couldn't find clean underwear for when I got out of the shower this morning, so I decided to go commando. 

• image Staceyew:

Both my sister and my brother are both getting married next summer. I'm the MOH in my sisters wedding and a BM in my brothers wedding. My sister is actually marrying my husbands brother (weird we know). It's been very straining on our relationships with our siblings. 

I would have rather gotten pregnant in October and miss my sisters wedding, my edd was the day of their wedding than pregnant this cycle where my edd would be the day before my brothers wedding, but hey if I do get KU this cycle I'm not going to complain:)

Long story short, I'd rather be a BM in my brothers wedding than the MOH in my sisters wedding. 

Do your sister and his brother fight a lot? I think the siblings getting married thing actually happens more than you would think but I can see how it could be a big strain on your relationship with your siblings. I guess you probably can't vent to your sis about your DH because she might tell her FI, his bro. I hope that once they get married everything settles down.

In elementary school I read a book where a pair of sisters married a pair of brothers and the kids called their Aunt and Uncles, "Aunt Twice and Uncle Twice." I thought that was so cute!

When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • image ColeRose:
    I'm on vacation semester is over for both my classes and the classes I teach. I was working on grades till this past Saturday, then the holidays showed up, so I've really only had 2 days to relax. DH thinks I've been cleaning and organizing the house the whole time I've been home when really I've been chillin watching Netflix. Around 3pm I've been hopping in the shower and then cleaning so it looks like I've been doing it all day.

Haha...I start my new job beginning of Jan, and this is exactly how it goes for me while I've been off the past few days!!! Haha

Anniversary

• image ColeRose:
    I'm on vacation (semester is over for both my classes and the classes I teach). I was working on grades till this past Saturday, then the holidays showed up, so I've really only had 2 days to relax. DH thinks I've been cleaning and organizing the house the whole time I've been home when really I've been chillin watching Netflix. Around 3pm I've been hopping in the shower and then cleaning so it looks like I've been doing it all day.

I totally do this too!  Except I like to dink around on the computer for a few hours, then snap to and realize its almost noon so I panic, clean and shower and then instantly lose my motivation and decide to go get coffee and browse at B&N.

me:32 my wife:31/ married in June '12/
    began testing with RE in Aug'12- results low AMH, failed clomid challenge
    began DHEA, supplement regimin, gave up gluten and started acupuncture
    IUI#1 Jan1 = Beta: 5 c/p
    IUI#2 Jan 31 = BFN
    switch RE's and retest, numbers still too low
    change game plan dramatically to reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs
    began BC April 3/ ER 5/14, 12R, 9M,8F/ ET 5/19 2 blasts = BFN
    8/4 DE cycle - transfer of 2 BA 6 cell embies fertilized after thaw Beta 8/16 = BFN
    On to my DW's body for an IUI; trigger 9/11, IUI 9/13 = BFN
    DW IUI #2 trigger 12/11, 3 follies on 12/12 at 30, 26 and 25, IUI 12/13 =BFN
    DW IUI #3 trigger 1/8, femara=1 follie, IUI 1/10 =BFN
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

PAIF/ SAIF always welcome
  • image JulianneJacks:
    image Staceyew:

Both my sister and my brother are both getting married next summer. I'm the MOH in my sisters wedding and a BM in my brothers wedding. My sister is actually marrying my husbands brother (weird we know). It's been very straining on our relationships with our siblings. 

Do your sister and his brother fight a lot? I think the siblings getting married thing actually happens more than you would think but I can see how it could be a big strain on your relationship with your siblings. I guess you probably can't vent to your sis about your DH because she might tell her FI, his bro. I hope that once they get married everything settles down.

In elementary school I read a book where a pair of sisters married a pair of brothers and the kids called their Aunt and Uncles, "Aunt Twice and Uncle Twice." I thought that was so cute!

Apparently when H was little (like kindergarten little) he had a crush on his step-sis (parents weren't together yet). His step-mom always talks about how it would be so cute if they would have grown up and gotten married, even though she started dating his dad. Ick! 

• image JulianneJacks:
    image Staceyew:

My sister isn't the nicest to my BIL. She has started being nicer since getting engaged though. They already have a 2.5 year old DD together. DH and I call her our niece times 2, because no matter who's child she would have been if they weren't together she'd be our niece:).  

~Allyson 5 & Ellianna 4~
    ~Team green for baby # 3 EDD 4/4/14~
  • I "worked from home" yesterday but what I really did was eat Christmas leftovers and watch the entire first season of Downton Abbey (thanks Santa!) in my PJs. It was awesome.
    imageimage

*TTC #1 since June 2012*

Me: 31, DH: 33

11/12: Dx PCOS

12/12: CD3 Bloodwork Normal!

• How many can I do?! Lol

I'll start with most annoying, I have a close friend whose Ku. Great, I'm happy for her bla bla. Well since the MOMENT she found out  it constant complaining, and yes she wanted to be pregnant really bad, this is her 4th.but I'm not exaggerating. She's only 9 weeks and she was like oh my god I'm getting a bump already, like it was a bad thing. And she's already saying how sick she is and can't wait to not be pregnant. She complains about how dizzy she is and how fat shes getting and how much she tired and how she ccant look at meat. Its ALL the time. I wouldn't mind the occasional I'm nauses. She is milking it. And she keeps saying when will you get pregnant again, they knew we we're talking about trying, mistake!!!!

• image Kezzzke:

I totally do this too!  Except I like to dink around on the computer for a few hours, then snap to and realize its almost noon so I panic, clean and shower and then instantly lose my motivation and decide to go get coffee and browse at B&N.

I love your siggy picture of you and your wife!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• image ColeRose:

Ha, that's my plan for today!  Smile  As long as he doesn't come home for lunch, he'll never know..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic      http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/steffy_dolly/i-SGCswN6.png
    TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: BFP - Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather :(
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs
    My Chart***My TTC blog
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

• image ky29:

image ColeRose:

Ha, that's my plan for today!  Smile  As long as he doesn't come home for lunch, he'll never know..

LOL DH did surprise me and come home for lunch yesterday. I quickly turned off the computer and opened up our closet in our bedroom like I was arranging shoes and clothes. I was still in my PJs, but I think it still worked.

Our rainbow has arrived!

• image colleenandshaun:
    I "worked from home" yesterday but what I really did was eat Christmas leftovers and watch the entire first season of Downton Abbey (thanks Santa!) in my PJs. It was awesome.

I love that show!  I can't wait for season 3 to come out.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Keep On, Charting On

• Ok. I have another one. I am SICK of hearing that your child is "just expressing him/herself" as an reason for not disciplining/restraining/reprimanding your child. You need to teach your child an acceptable way to act in public. That doesn't include allowing a 2 yr old to scream at the top of their lungs through the store because they feel like it, run around aimlessly, climb out of their chair/turn around in a restaurant to try to get other peoples' attention, or feel themselves up and try to undress themselves.  Your child is also testing the boundaries of what you are going to allow him or her to get away with.

• image ColeRose:

HAHA! This is awesome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • image sunlavender:

image colleenandshaun:
    I "worked from home" yesterday but what I really did was eat Christmas leftovers and watch the entire first season of Downton Abbey (thanks Santa!) in my PJs. It was awesome.

I love that show!  I can't wait for season 3 to come out.

It is fabulous!  I am highly aware of  the season 2 dvds sitting in down in the living room while I attempt to work at the computer (and by 'work' I mean waste time on TB Smile). It's taking everything I have to not go down there and pop in disc 1!

imageimage

*TTC #1 since June 2012*

Me: 31, DH: 33

11/12: Dx PCOS

12/12: CD3 Bloodwork Normal!

• image darrahmccall:

How many can I do?! Lol

I'll start with most annoying, I have a close friend whose Ku. Great, I'm happy for her bla bla. Well since the MOMENT she found out  it constant complaining, and yes she wanted to be pregnant really bad, this is her 4th.but I'm not exaggerating. She's only 9 weeks and she was like oh my god I'm getting a bump already, like it was a bad thing. And she's already saying how sick she is and can't wait to not be pregnant. She complains about how dizzy she is and how fat shes getting and how much she tired and how she ccant look at meat. Its ALL the time. I wouldn't mind the occasional I'm nauses. She is milking it. And she keeps saying when will you get pregnant again, they knew we we're talking about trying, mistake!!!!

I don't like it when I hear pregnant women complaning about being pregnant. Don't they know some women want to be pregnant right now?! Ugh! I totally agree with it being a mistake letting people know you are trying. My DH and I made this mistake and now every other day (it seems) someone is nagging and asking, "Are you pregnant yet?" Like if I have a choice every month to get pregnant or not... lol wth?

Anniversary
  • image JulianneJacks:
    image Staceyew:

My husband's first wife (from many many moons ago) had a sister that eventually married my husband's brother.  My DH used to get caught in the middle of all kinds of arguments.  Both of those marriages are now over.  My DH has a daughter, my step daughter, and his brother has three children from that marriage.  So we call them double cousins.  It's a little wierd that I am the aunt to the three children, and by blood, so is my step daughter's mother... Little strange for all of us, lol.

Anywho, I hope everything works out for the best for you all. :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 - 07-15-12; Natural MC 07-18-12
    BFP #2 - 09-29-12; U/S showed baby stopped growing @ 5wks 4days - 10-30-12; D&C - 10-31-12
    BFP #3 - 04-10-13; Third time is a charm... Stick, baby, stick!!!
  • image leahaustin:
    image darrahmccall:

How many can I do?! Lol

I don't like it when I hear pregnant women complaning about being pregnant. Don't they know some women want to be pregnant right now?! Ugh! I totally agree with it being a mistake letting people know you are trying. My DH and I made this mistake and now every other day (it seems) someone is nagging and asking, "Are you pregnant yet?" Like if I have a choice every month to get pregnant or not... lol wth?

I agree that I dislike hearing pregnant women complain, however, some pregnancies are really tough. Some of my friends have had severe m/s, others had pretty traumatic 3rd Trimester experiences. One in particular had seizures and severe hip issues until after her son was born, all of her "issues" were pregnancy related. It got to the point where she literally could not be left alone so she spent all week at her parents' house, then would come back to her home with her husband on the weekends. 

But, I see the other side too where people totally milk it and complain about everything all the time. I wouldn't be able to listen to that. @leahaustin, I've found making people uncomfortable works best with the "are you pregnant yet" questions. At first, I appeased people - now I'm just blunt and it usually shuts them up to the point they don't ask anymore :)

Our rainbow has arrived!

• image Kezzzke:

image ColeRose:

That sounds like a blissful afternoon. *dreamy sigh* 

TTGP Siggy Challenge:Kissing Animals

• image ColeRose:
    When we first got married I was still partying a lot and my husband would be woking side jobs on the weekends while I was hungover. I would lay on the couch all day and keep a broom right next to me. As soon as I would hear him come home I would jump up and start sweeping.
    Photobucket
  • I have only done about 15 minutes of work since I got here at 8:30 (it's 10:30 now). And I have a feeling I'm going to be super unproductive the rest of the day. Whatever, it's Friday, my birthday is on Sunday, and it's New Years next week!
    TTC #1 since 10/14/12 // 1/2013: 7DPO blood work revealed low progesterone/luteal phase defect // 2/2013: DH's SA - Normal // BFP 2/25/13 - EDD 10/30/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image My blog!
  • image krptcmschfmkr128:
    Ok. I have another one. I am SICK of hearing that your child is "just expressing him/herself" as an reason for not disciplining/restraining/reprimanding your child. You need to teach your child an acceptable way to act in public. That doesn't include allowing a 2 yr old to scream at the top of their lungs through the store because they feel like it, run around aimlessly, climb out of their chair/turn around in a restaurant to try to get other peoples' attention, or feel themselves up and try to undress themselves.  Your child is also testing the boundaries of what you are going to allow him or her to get away with.

ITA! DH's cousin who is now 22 was never disciplined as a child. I mean never. And so the result of that is him bringing his 43 year old girlfriend and 22 year old boyfriend to Christmas at his conservative grandparents house. Talk about awkward.

• image colleenandshaun:
    I got Downton Abbey too and can't wait to watch it this weekend. I've heard it's really good!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• image Beth&Derek:
    Pretty much since I started posting on this board, there have been people complaining about the lack of snark and how different this board is than it was a year or two ago. I always rolled my eyes because I felt like there was still plenty of snark. Lately, though, the amount of puppies and rainbows is getting to me. I'm all for being supportive, but we've got drivebys who aren't being called out and baby dust flying everywhere. WTF?

Agreed and agreed.

Our rainbow has arrived!

• image Adam&Eve2:

ITA! DH's cousin who is now 22 was never disciplined as a child. I mean never. And so the result of that is him bringing his 43 year old girlfriend and 22 year old boyfriend to Christmas at his conservative grandparents house. Talk about awkward.

I guess I see both sides of this. On one hand, doesn't he have a right to the lifestyle he's chosen? But on the other side, I have personally known people who would do this JUST to cause problems with conservative family members.

Married: 4/2012 ~ DS: 11/2013

• My confession is I don't understand why people continuously go on FB if they are going to be bothered about pregnancy announcements, newborn photos, people who complain about being pregnant, etc. We all survived without FB for years and years and were able to maintain friendships without it. I can't feel bad for someone's sadness or anger over a FB post when they have the control to not even have to be subjected to it in the first place. If you are that sensitive, get off of FB and go back to email and other forms of communications to keep tabs on your friends.
    Photobucket
  • image cmbest52488:
    image Adam&Eve2:

I guess I see both sides of this. On one hand, doesn't he have a right to the lifestyle he's chosen? But on the other side, I have personally known people who would do this JUST to cause problems with conservative family members.

I don't care if he is bi or gay or whatever. My problem was that he has never had any respect or concern for general public etiquette. He didn't ask if he could bring them he just brought them. Creating a very awkward situation for the whole family. I didn't even know that he came out as bi until he showed up.

Plus I do have a problem with dating some one twice your age. If they have stuff in common great, but that makes me wonder whats going on with a 43 year old that she would have something in common with a 22 year old boy.  

• image ColeRose:
    image leahaustin:
    image darrahmccall:

How many can I do?! Lol

I agree that I dislike hearing pregnant women complain, however, some pregnancies are really tough. Some of my friends have had severe m/s, others had pretty traumatic 3rd Trimester experiences. One in particular had seizures and severe hip issues until after her son was born, all of her "issues" were pregnancy related. It got to the point where she literally could not be left alone so she spent all week at her parents' house, then would come back to her home with her husband on the weekends. 

But, I see the other side too where people totally milk it and complain about everything all the time. I wouldn't be able to listen to that. @leahaustin, I've found making people uncomfortable works best with the "are you pregnant yet" questions. At first, I appeased people - now I'm just blunt and it usually shuts them up to the point they don't ask anymore :)

Ya I agree. Some women do really struggle. She's never had any complications, believe me we would know. She is the attention seeker of the family. There is a lot more history to the story:-)  she use to have a "drinking" problem, she postponed her wedding twice, and so on, I won't bore you with all the details.

But I do agree with your point. :-). But my friend is just annoying lol