Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Apparently, my UO is that a toddler shouldn't be able to explore their privates in public or in front of family.

June 2014 April Siggy Challenge - Cute Baby Animals
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Kryptic Mischief in the Making
  • I guess my unpopular opinion is that a husband should want to spend time with his wife, even if that means spending a little less time with his parent and siblings.

So here's the deal: The only days that I got off work for Christmas were Monday and Tuesday. My husband worked last Friday and now he's off until Jan 2nd. My family lives about a three hour drive from our home and his family is a six hour drive from our home. We decided that since I need to be back home so much sooner than he does, we'd each go visit our respective families and then meet back up at home sometime before New Year's Eve. So I'm back at home, going to work, doing chores around the house, etc. He's hanging out in his hometown shopping, watching movies, and not planning to come back to the real world until Saturday. I love him and I miss him and I wish he would just come home already, but I don't think I should tell him that because it will sound whiny and selfish.

Estimated due date November 22, 2013!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image DSMLove:

I guess my unpopular opinion is that a husband should want to spend time with his wife, even if that means spending a little less time with his parent and siblings.

So here's the deal: The only days that I got off work for Christmas were Monday and Tuesday. My husband worked last Friday and now he's off until Jan 2nd. My family lives about a three hour drive from our home and his family is a six hour drive from our home. We decided that since I need to be back home so much sooner than he does, we'd each go visit our respective families and then meet back up at home sometime before New Year's Eve. So I'm back at home, going to work, doing chores around the house, etc. He's hanging out in his hometown shopping, watching movies, and not planning to come back to the real world until Saturday. I love him and I miss him and I wish he would just come home already, but I don't think I should tell him that because it will sound whiny and selfish.

Why wouldn't you go visit both families together? The whole set up seems weird to me, but to each their own. 

image  image

Lilypie - (HuyY)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image kicius56:
    Why wouldn't you go visit both families together? The whole set up seems weird to me, but to each their own.nbsp;

I agree that it's weird. We don't go together because he feels like he would be cheated time with his family since he doesn't have to go back to work until Jan 2nd. We've agreed that we won't be dividing up for Christmas once we have a child.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Beth&Derek:

Yeah, it sounds to me like you need to come up with a better plan for next year. Is this your first married Christmas?

It seems like it, right? We've actually been married for 5 years and never seen eachother on Christmas.  I usually deal with it, but this year I'm finding it really annoying.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Beth&Derek:
    image DSMLove:
    image Beth&Derek:

Yeah, it sounds to me like you need to come up with a better plan for next year. Is this your first married Christmas?

It seems like it, right? We've actually been married for 5 years and never seen eachother on Christmas.  I usually deal with it, but this year I'm finding it really annoying.

Yikes.

Honestly, I'd rather go without seeing the rest of my family than spend Christmas apart from my husband. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue when you have a kid. I know you said you agreed you won't split Christmas, but if he's already worried about cutting time short with his family, I think you're going to have a battle on your hands when the time comes to decide where to go as a family.

I will preface with 'to each their own' but I agreew ith Beth&Derek. I could not spend Christmas or any holiday for that matter away from my DH. And I think the fact that you're annoyed with it probably means that a different resolution needs to be made. Hopefully you guys can figure this out before the kiddos arrive. GL! 

DH & I married 5/2009 : DX with PCOS 7/2009
    TTC since 1/2012  Me: 27, DH: 32
    cycle 3 (month 5): bfp, edd 5/16/2013. mc at 7w4d
    cycle 8 (month 18): 50mg clomid. no measurable follicles
    cycle 9 (month 20): 5mg femara. no measurable follicles & one real big cyst
    cycle 10 (month 21): stair stepping; 5mg + 7.5mg femara; ovidrel + TI = BFN
    cycle 11 (month 22): 7.5mg femara; ovidrel + TI

• I would find it Extreamly difficult to spend Christmas or Thanksgiving away from DH. Thankfully he hates going to major events without me.

Next year if the same vacation time is taken can you both spend Christmas with your family. Then you go home and he goes and celebrates with his family? Then comes back by X date to have together time.
  • I think heart shaped diamonds, especially when used in engagement rings are tacky.
    Photobucket
  • image Beth&Derek:
    image DSMLove:
    image Beth&Derek:

Yikes.

Honestly, I'd rather go without seeing the rest of my family than spend Christmas apart from my husband. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue when you have a kid. I know you said you agreed you won't split Christmas, but if he's already worried about cutting time short with his family, I think you're going to have a battle on your hands when the time comes to decide where to go as a family.

Yes

I love seeing our families on Christmas, but I could not chose to be apart from my husband, whom I have a new family with.  I would rather alternate between the two families than be without my husbad. 

Do you ever go and see his family?  Or do you only spend holidays with your own family?

CFNBC Since 8/2011 - ALL Welcome

Lupus/MCTD (2009); Hashimotos (2012); Endo (2012); 

Complete Anovulation; Low Prog & E + High T & DHEA
    BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 EDD 7/25/2013 M/C 11/19/2012 @ 4w5d

BFP #2 - 2/4/2013 EDD 10/20/2013 M/C 2/11/13 

My Chart Is a Joke

• whoops

CFNBC Since 8/2011 - ALL Welcome

Lupus/MCTD (2009); Hashimotos (2012); Endo (2012); 

Complete Anovulation; Low Prog & E + High T & DHEA
    BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 EDD 7/25/2013 M/C 11/19/2012 @ 4w5d

BFP #2 - 2/4/2013 EDD 10/20/2013 M/C 2/11/13 

My Chart Is a Joke

• I really don't like Winnie the Pooh decor or clothing. 

Nursery?  Nope.
    Classic Pooh?  nope!
    Pooh clothing?  No way.

Adults wearing Winnie the Pooh and friends?    No no no no no. NO.
    image image
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• image DSMLove:
    image Beth&Derek:

I think it's a little weird but if you were happy with the situation I would say do what makes you happy. Since you don't like it either, you definitely need to come up with a better plan for next year. Most married couples I know either alternate between Thanksgiving with one family and Christmas with the other or find a way to squeeze both families in on each holiday. He is being insensitive by giving up spending Christmas with his wife to have some extra time with his family.  

photo 124a2277-01eb-4d85-b15a-9ebc93b4492d_zps60ec49e8.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    photo fa452b59-b03d-4a7e-aadf-a27f9be4e3aa_zpsafc5052f.jpg
    After over 2 years, we are expecting our first baby from IVF w/ ICSI
    ER 9/13, ET 9/18 - BFP! - Baby girl due 6/6/14
    beta #1 9/27 - 63, beta #2 9/30 - 224, beta #3 10/2 - 573, beta #4 10/4 - 1314
  • I thought of an UO. I don't like diamonds. If anyone got me some diamond only jewlery there is a 99 percent chance I would return it. I never return or exchange gifts unless it's the wrong size.
  • image bbg676:

I love seeing our families on Christmas, but I could not chose to be apart from my husband, whom I have a new family with.  I would rather alternate between the two families than be without my husbad. 

Do you ever go and see his family?  Or do you only spend holidays with your own family?

I see his family (and he sees mine) at Thanksgiving.  We both have similar work schedules around Thanksgiving, so we do travel together for that holiday.  We spend a couple of days with his family and then a couple of days with mine.

Thanks for the input everyone! This has basically confirmed what I already knew - we've got to do things differently next Christmas.  Hopefully I'll be KU and he'll refuse to leave my side for the holiday. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image Luckbeababy:
    I think heart shaped diamonds, especially when used in engagement rings are tacky.

Agreed.  You are too old for heart shaped gemstones after the age of 14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image ChuggingWater:
    I really don't like Winnie the Pooh decor or clothing. 

Nursery?  Nope.
    Classic Pooh?  nope!
    Pooh clothing?  No way.

Ahhh agreed!!

I can't think of a good UO. I agree with the heart gemstone in rings one too though!

TTC #1 since 10/14/12 // 1/2013: 7DPO blood work revealed low progesterone/luteal phase defect // 2/2013: DH's SA - Normal // BFP 2/25/13 - EDD 10/30/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image My blog!
  • Although it's popular, I think that chunky glitter nail polish looks juvenile.

(Confession: I have my nails painted black with fine and chunky glitter top coat right now for New Years.  I feel like my nails belong on someone that's 20 years younger than I am, though)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• image bbg676:
    image Beth&Derek:
    image DSMLove:
    image Beth&Derek:

Yikes.

Yes

I agree.  We would both rather spend time together.  If that means alternating holidays with each of our families or just staying home with our little family, we will do it.  DH and I feel that it's important to be together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image talon1226:
    image DSMLove:
    image Beth&Derek:

I think it's a little weird but if you were happy with the situation I would say do what makes you happy. Since you don't like it either, you definitely need to come up with a better plan for next year. Most married couples I know either alternate between Thanksgiving with one family and Christmas with the other or find a way to squeeze both families in on each holiday. He is being insensitive by giving up spending Christmas with his wife to have some extra time with his family.  

I think this is pretty harsh. It sounds like this was a plan they both agreed to and -- up until this year -- it worked for them. Clearly since it's bothering her so much they need to reevaluate for the future, but her husband can't be blamed for her change of heart.

I understand where her DH is coming from. My DH and I alternate Christmases with my family and his family, and each time I have to spend Christmas away from my mom I feel really sad and depressed. I love spending time with DH, but we live together and see each other every day. When I get the chance to go back home to see my mom, I stay for as many days as I can.

imageimage
  • image ChuggingWater:
    I really don't like Winnie the Pooh decor or clothing. 

Nursery?  Nope.
    Classic Pooh?  nope!
    Pooh clothing?  No way.

I totally agree and I would have to add that I'm not a big fan of anything Disney.  Call me the grinch, but I don't want to buy any "Cars" stuff for DS or if I had a girl, I would be avoiding Disney Princesses like the plague 

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image raeyn:

I think this is pretty harsh. It sounds like this was a plan they both agreed to and -- up until this year -- it worked for them. Clearly since it's bothering her so much they need to reevaluate for the future, but her husband can't be blamed for her change of heart.

I understand where her DH is coming from. My DH and I alternate Christmases with my family and his family, and each time I have to spend Christmas away from my mom I feel really sad and depressed. I love spending time with DH, but we live together and see each other every day. When I get the chance to go back home to see my mom, I stay for as many days as I can.

This was the rationale that we used to develop this plan in the first place.  And it's true that we did agree to do Christmas this way and now that I'm back to work and coming home to an empty house, I'm being whiny and missing him. :(

I probably should just manage my vacation time better so that the two of us can take a long holiday and visit both families next year.  It's just tough because he doesn't have to use vacation between Christmas and New Year's. He has an unpaid mandatory shut-down. We'll figure it out, somehow.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate crocs.

I think they are a crime against humanity and I even side-eye parents who put them on children. They are hideous. On everyone.

Nothing says "I've given up on life" more to me than people wearing crocs and sweats. Especially in public.

GAH! I'm getting angry thinking about them.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

• image lobosabby:

I hate crocs.

I think they are a crime against humanity and I even side-eye parents who put them on children. They are hideous. On everyone.

Nothing says "I've given up on life" more to me than people wearing crocs and sweats. Especially in public.

LOL I 100% agree with you! I don't like them on adults or children.

Our rainbow has arrived!

Baby Boy ColeRose born 12.6.13 

*Everyone Always Welcome*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image Slapptastic:

Although it's popular, I think that chunky glitter nail polish looks juvenile.

(Confession: I have my nails painted black with fine and chunky glitter top coat right now for New Years.  I feel like my nails belong on someone that's 20 years younger than I am, though)

Agreed. Also, I don't understand painting one nail different than the rest. I think it looks weird...or maybe I'm just old and don't get it.

Our rainbow has arrived!

• image lobosabby:

I hate crocs.

I don't consider this an unpopular opinion.   

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• image raeyn:
    image talon1226:
    image DSMLove:
    image Beth&Derek:

Based on the original few posts, I got the impression it was much more DH's idea than DSM's. She said "we don't go together because he feels he would be cheated time with his family" and not "we decided that this was what worked best for us." I would be sad if I couldn't see my family for Christmas either but it sounded like he was spending a week with his family instead of 3 days (or 1) with each family. I know not everyone is able to travel that much but again it didn't sound like it was an issue for them. I think her later posts explained that they made this choice together but the first few sounded like it was more DH's decision. I definitely see nothing wrong with it as long as they both agree.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image direy25:
    image lobosabby:

I hate crocs.

I don't consider this an unpopular opinion.   

I do. Only because walking through the mall yesterday you would've thought that they were the new fashion statement.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

• image lobosabby:

I hate crocs.

Haha definitely not a UO! My sister gets "fancy" crocs for her kids with fake fur and themed buttons. They're relatively expensive and still look ridiculous.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image talon1226:
    image lobosabby:

I hate crocs.

Haha definitely not a UO! My sister gets "fancy" crocs for her kids with fake fur and themed buttons. They'rhttp://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/AddPost.aspx?PostID=70850669&Quote=Truee relatively expensive and still look ridiculous.  

Came across this gem...

And this is for an ADULT woman

Our rainbow has arrived!

• DH and I have a guy friend who works for Crocs and loves wearing them. I can't stand crocs.

Don't get the nail thing either.

And I could not survive without my sweatpants and workout pants.