Baby Names

Feedback on girl names

Hello everyone. We are looking for a little feedback on a name for our little girl, due in May. We actually just found out this Christmas morning that we are team pink and are expecting a girl. What do you think of these names? The middle name will be Alice, after my late Grandmother.

Elena

Elaina

Sophia

Audrey

Evangeline (nickname Eva)

Evangelia (nickname Eva or Lia) . This is the Greek version. My husband is Greek.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

Re: Feedback on girl names

• My favorite from your list is Audrey, however, not with the mn Alice.

My pick would be Evangelia.  It sounds great with Alice, has good nicknames, and has a connection to DH's background. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Elena - Like it.

Elaina - Like it.

Sophia - Love it!

Audrey - Love it!

Evangeline - Love it!

Evangelia - Hate it!

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Thanks for the feedback so far, ladies! :)
  • I like Elaina Alice best, next Audrey, then Evangeline.
    Congrats and good luck choosing your name!
    image       image
  • image benmel31:
    My favorite from your list is Audrey, however, not with the mn Alice.My pick would be Evangelia. nbsp;It sounds great with Alice, has good nicknames, and has a connection to DH's background.nbsp;

Exactly this.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I don't like the first name ending with the same sound as the middle name starts with.  If you're set on Alice as a mn than I like Audrey or Evangeline.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • my favorite from your list is audrey, but i don't like it with alice.

second choice is a tie, elena or sophia. 

• With Alice, I agree that I don't like names that end with the same letter as the first letter of the MN. That would leave Audrey and Evangeline. Love both, but prefer Evangeline with Alice.
  • I'd go with Evangeline Alice.
    image  image
    JOP Wedding during R&R 1/23/09, traditional wedding in Ireland 4/17/10BFP#1 3/3/10, EDD 11/9/10, DS born 10/30/10BFP#2 9/8/12, EDD 5/22/13, MM/C 10/15/12 }Baby Felix{BFP#3 11/15/12, EDD 7/25/13, DD born 7/25/13BFP#4 9/4/14, EDD 5/15/15
  • image benmel31:

My pick would be Evangelia.  It sounds great with Alice, has good nicknames, and has a connection to DH's background. 

This. I also like Evangeline.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually love the name Evangelia.  Not thrilled with how it sounds with Alice, but I like that it's a family name.  I also like the Greek influence with Evangelia.
  • Elena: pretty

Elaina: pretty, but I'm not sure if I like this spelling

Sophia: love it; we might name ours this if she is a girl

Audrey: not my style

Evangeline: pretty

Evangelia: okay, but I like Evangeline much better
  • Elaina Alice
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Audrey is my favorite name on your list.  I'm over Sophia, though it's a nice name, and the same goes for Elena/Elaina.  Never been a fan of Evangeline.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the names Evangeline or Evangelia.  I love that she could have a more unusual first name with a more common nn (Eva).  I am pretty worn out of hearing Elena, Elaina, Sophia and Audrey, even though they are very nice names.

DS1 ~ 2009 DS2 ~ 2011 DS3 ~ 2013 Expecting DS4 ~ 10.1.14

mom to a strong little boy with a rare disease - congenital cricopharyngeal achalasia