June 2013 Moms

All I Want for Christmas...

Is to poop. I'm on 50mg of zof a day. Ive got an Impacted bowel, again. Sob. 
Please forgive my typos! I'm not as dumb as my iphone would like you to believe :)
The Maiden Metallurgist
Curious about babywearing? Check out my friend Meredith's Babyweraring Guide Untitled BabyFruit Ticker

Re: All I Want for Christmas...

• Pray for a Christmas Miracle!  I know I have been praying that I have "good" days for today and tomorrow. 

Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me2.  Going to take Colace tonight. Have you tried that? Hoping it works.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • So sorry. I've had to go off the zofran because it was doing these unspeakable things to my body. Miralax and colace ea 2x a day still didn't prevent it. Now I'm just taking the zofran a few times a week so that I don't totally ruin myself.
  • image SouthSideDrea:
    Is to poop. I'm on 50mg of zof a day. Ive got an Impacted bowel, again. Sob.nbsp;
    I had an awful time a little while ago and my OB suggested a child's glycerin suppository. Only took 10 minutes until all was right in the world! Everyday after that I've just stayed on one colace a day. Good luck and happy holidays!!
  • When I was taking more Zofran a day, this happened to me. I am so sorry that you're going through this, I know it just adds insult to injury.

Have you tried Milk of Magnesia yet? I was doing the Colace to no avail. The morning after I took the MoM ... Relief beyond belief. 

Wish you well!

photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • I usually keep on top of t with a miralax and Mg combo (colace does nothing) but a couple days of not being able to drink got me in a pickle. It happens :( ill power through then get back on track. It's funny though when you can't poop all you can think about is pooping. 
    Please forgive my typos! I'm not as dumb as my iphone would like you to believe :)
    The Maiden Metallurgist
    Curious about babywearing? Check out my friend Meredith's Babyweraring Guide Untitled BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was riding the poop struggle bus at Halloween - I had an impacted bowel, and trying to power through it led to a tear in my rectum. That was not only painful, but incredibly embarrassing. Eating Chobani and lots of fruit every day has kept me fairly regular, but it still hurts my dirt button. I hope you get some relief soon!! I wish you a Mr. Hanky Christmas!

**** Gordon is here!!!! ****

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
      Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers        
    Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother Orion "Skippy" Lawrence W. born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - Clarice Bird Higgins C. (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    Henrietta June Iris C. (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    Gordon Argyll Sebastien C. born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • image WifeofaComposer:

I was riding the poop struggle bus at Halloween - I had an impacted bowel, and trying to power through it led to a tear in my rectum. That was not only painful, but incredibly embarrassing. Eating Chobani and lots of fruit every day has kept me fairly regular, but it still hurts my dirt button. I hope you get some relief soon!! I wish you a Mr. Hanky Christmas!

thanks! I've had a hemi and a fissure ever since I was pregnant with my first from an impacted bowel then :( all these things nobody bothered to tell me about pregnancy ;) 

The Maiden Metallurgist
  • image SouthSideDrea:
    Is to poop. I'm on 50mg of zof a day. Ive got an Impacted bowel, again. Sob.nbsp;

Yikes! I'm on 8mg a day and taking colace and thought I was having trouble! I can't imagine what 50mg must do to you! Feel better mama!
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Hey Meghan,

I have been juicing with a nutri-bullet and it is doing wonders for my regularity. I also am taking a daily probiotic which is the equivalent of 2000 cups of yogurt that I am sure adds to the going. My doc told me to eat 120+ grams of protein a day. Did yours tell you to up your protein?  Protein can cause constipation so mixing it with fiber is crucial. I am no expert, but I happen to be a veggie so protein intake is something that I have been dealing with for years.

Big Hugs!  Best of luck on being regular without running to the potty.  Merry Christmas!! 

• OH my! I hope you get some relief and feel better soon!

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ugh, I'm sorry, that is awful!

Two words: glycerin suppository.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of my friends had to have her impaction fixed manually on Christmas Day last year.

I hope you've pooped by the time you see this.

Side note. My husband was driving on our way to the dr this morning while I rambled on in my typical fashion. I was wondering aloud if I should poop before they weigh me. A few seconds later I asked if he was excited. I meant about hearing the baby but he thought I wanted to know if he was excited about me possibly pooping. He said he'd never be excited about someone else pooping. Clearly he's already forgotten about the time we had to us a glycerin suppository on our child.

I'd be very excited for you. Genuinely. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards