TTC After a Loss

¤°.¸¸.?´¯`»?TTCAL Newbie Check-In?«´¯`?.¸&#18

**Ladies, I am so sorry for being such a shitty check-in leader last week, I completely dropped the ball.  I had a bit of a down week and really just didn't want to get out of bed, so I didn't respond to a single post, and for that I am so sorry.  I promise to step it up this time and hopefully you understand.**

Welcome to TTC After Loss. I'm so sorry for your loss but am happy you have found us. This board is full of brilliant and kind women who have experienced the hardship of losing that which is most precious, and I hope you find great comfort and support here in your journey to your rainbow baby.

For those of you so new you don't know the routine, this is a check-in for newer members of the TTCAL Board. Please feel free to use this space to ask those "newbie" questions that feel intimidating to ask on the main board, I will try my best to get you an answer.

Please take the time to read the TTCAL blog to answer any questions you may have regarding our board etiquette, TTC, miscarriages & loss, and much more: http://www.ttcalblog.blogspot.com/

Finally, If you haven't done so, please post your introduction on the main board including your story.

For everyone else: How are you doing? Any news besides what I've asked about here?

Updates from last week:

GavinRonansMom:  I'm so sorry that AF showed, hun.  Are you planning on trying anything different this cycle?  

a&aw12707:  Welcome, and I'm so sorry you're back here.  I hope that this cycle will go by quickly and you are back to TTC again.  Do you chart?  

Gatorsgirl731:  I'm sorry about the BFNs, but maybe you didn't O when FF is saying you might have?  Sad Sorry about the temp drop too, boo!  Maybe our uteruses (uteri, uterus?!) are in cahoots and want us to be KU together?  That's my only viable excuse here. 

Littlar:  Sorry AF showed.  Your MIL sounds like a peach.  I hope you find hope this holiday season and some cheer as well - although I know it's not easy.  *hugs*

Loving929:  How are you feeling?  Have you actually held out on testing - if so, good for you!!  Such strength!  I know what you mean about that slow rise, I had a wonky slow-rise a while back and it was... odd lol.  Not usual.  But then I had a weird temp-drop this time, so I guess sometimes our bodies are just that... weird.  FX crossed for you and for a Christmas BFP!  

Nbcarlson: Sorry that temping is still being "whacky" on you!  It does get easier.  And now I can see your BDing, so I can be extra creepy.  When do you plan on testing?

dontstopbelievin:  How did DH's SA and your RE meeting go?  I hope you got some questions answered.  Sorry I didn't get back to you last week, the S in SAL/SAIF means Success.   

Theatrestar86:  How are you doing this week?  I can't see your OPKs on your chart or any recent charting, so I can't really stalk you, did your OPK end up being positive?  Happy belated birthday!!

Loveniz: So no standing on your head this month?  Maybe that's where I messed up.  I can't see your BDing, how do you feel you did?  FX for you so hard!

Lunabug924:  AF showed!  AF showed!  How are you feeling now that you're onto TTC?  What's your plan?  

J&J09:  How are you doing now that you're in the 2WW?  Great timing.  I'm sorry that you're struggling with the thoughts about where you'd be getting ready for Noel now.  I know that feeling well, and it can be really hard over the holidays.  Big hugs, J. 

edgia:  In regards to temping, you do what you find works.  If you hate the open circles, you can always mark them as the same time and leave a note about it.  I hate them, too.  How is the 2WW treating you?  When do you plan on testing?

jenohoutson:  I hope the 2WW is treating you better this week, hun.  I'm sorry you had a low point there, I'm feeling much the same.  Did you test last Saturday or are you testing this Saturday?

losersaidwhat:  Sorry I didn't get back to you last week, if your questions haven't already been answered I'll say a couple things.  First off, the siggy warnings are more aimed at pictures of babies or young/baby-looking children, pregnancy tickers and the like.  Now that you've altered it a bit, I really don't think it's an issue.  As for your intro, as long as you make it as opposed to jumping in on posts, I think you've covered your bases.  Some people are willing to go more into detail than others, and that's your prerogative.  Welcome to the group, and I'm very sorry for your losses.  

sjelwood:  How are you doing this week?  Did you end up getting a +OPK?  Did you end up driving home on Wednesday to get some?  I must admit, it's a little hardcore, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.  

katyms7:  Holiday hugs your way, hun.  I'm sorry you're struggling.  Still waiting on your first PP period?  Since August, yes?  Have you spoke to your doctor about this?  (Sorry if I've forgotten)

Buckeye608:  Looks like you'll be getting some CH soon, if your temp continues to rise.  How are you feeling this week?  

Ravenclaw1:  Tell me some more results came in, please?  How are you feeling this week, love?

Quote of the week:  

QOTW:  What are your holiday traditions? 

Re: ¤°.¸¸.?´¯`»?TTCAL Newbie Check-In?«´¯`?.¸&#18

• Gatorsgirl731: I'm sorry about the BFNs, but maybe you didn't O when FF is saying you might have? Sorry about the temp drop too, boo! Maybe our uteruses (uteri, uterus?!) are in cahoots and want us to be KU together? That's my only viable excuse here.

Makes sense to me. We got AF the same time this cycle.  I am just ready for her to show her ugly face.  Katharine and I were talkin yesterday about maybe I O'ed around CD21 or something so it may be too early to test.  However the huge temp drop really discourages me.  I haven't been this emotional since the loss for sure.  I told DH to stop trying to encourage me and just spend the next couple days holding me up.  So he is trying his best and I appreciate that one.

QOTW: What are your holiday traditions?

Nothing real major. We always go to the IL's for Christmas Day, but this year we are going up early (fixing to leave).  The whole family gets together for Christmas eve so we are throwing DS and furbaby in the car and heading up to Kansas.  Wish me luck! lol

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Hi MD, big hugs to you, I love ya!

AF is supposed to be here on XMAS day but I've decided to wait to test till Wednesday because I don't want to be super depressed all day with a BFN!  

For Christmas Eve it's just me, DH, and my mom.  Then on XMAS Day we go to DHs huge family XMAS.  I have a very small family....his iS huge!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image mdharrison:
    losersaidwhat:  Sorry I didn't get back to you last week, if your questions haven't already been answered I'll say a couple things.  First off, the siggy warnings are more aimed at pictures of babies or young/baby-looking children, pregnancy tickers and the like.  Now that you've altered it a bit, I really don't think it's an issue.  As for your intro, as long as you make it as opposed to jumping in on posts, I think you've covered your bases.  Some people are willing to go more into detail than others, and that's your prerogative.  Welcome to the group, and I'm very sorry for your losses.

Thanks for helping (and whoever it was that answered me in the initial check in - I can't remember your name!). I figured it was generally just meant for pictures but I wanted to check to be safe. Part of the reason I don't put pictures up anymore is for that reason :)

Updates: I had my bloodwork done just over a week ago and got results back saying that I'm super low on iron, so I've since picked up some supplements to add to my prenatals + vitamin D I was already taking. Explains why I was SOOO tired all the time, and I've read that low iron/anemia can have effects on fertility or being able to sustain a pregnancy. Fingers crossed these new supplements will help! I'm already feeling like I have more energy.

We've started a new one just last year that we'll get real trees instead of having a fake one. It's only a tradition for me because I grew up always having the artificial one my mom had - last year was my first ever real tree!

I do have the same stocking I've had for as long as I can remember, so I guess that counts.

We don't really have a lot of traditions though so far since our family is still pretty young.

Phoenix - August 19, 2006
    Avery - March 16, 2011
    Oliver - October 7, 2013

October 2013 BMB

October 2013 EDDs
  • J&J09:  How are you doing now that you're in the 2WW?  Great timing.  I'm sorry that you're struggling with the thoughts about where you'd be getting ready for Noel now.  I know that feeling well, and it can be really hard over the holidays.  Big hugs, J. 

I'm doing ok.  Trying to keep myself from going crazy.  I am hopeful but trying to be realistic.  All those "should have" thoughts are so hard to keep at bay.  They tend to creep up on me at the most inopportune times.  I try to keep them locked away, but they always manage to escape.  Big hugs to you MD.  I know the holidays will be especially hard on you this year.  We are hear if you need anything.  Left Hug

Well, growing up we would bake cookies for the fire and police men and women  that had to work Christmas eve and Christmas day.  This year has been crazy and frankly I have not been in a good place, so we skipped it.  I plan to try again next year. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #3 6/17/2013 C/P EDD 2/26/2014 
    BFP #4 7/18/2013 natural M/C on 8/11/2013  EDD 3/30/2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome
  • Loving929:  How are you feeling?  Have you actually held out on testing if so, good for you!!  Such strength!  I know what you mean about that slow rise, I had a wonky slowrise a while back and it was... odd lol.  Not usual.  But then I had a weird tempdrop this time, so I guess sometimes our bodies are just that... weird.  FX crossed for you and for a Christmas BFP!  

If I have enough courage, I will test tomorrow. A part of me wants to wait but the other part wants to know if we get a nice Christmas present! Either way, we'll know for sure in the next couple days.

QOTWwe always do coordinating Christmas jammies for Christmas eve and we do a little picnic in the living room while watching Christmas movies. Christmas day we make the rounds to our parents houses to exchange gifts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
  • image loving929:
    Loving929:  

QOTWwe always do coordinating Christmas jammies for Christmas eve and we do a little picnic in the living room while watching Christmas movies. Christmas day we make the rounds to our parents houses to exchange gifts.

That's a great tradition!  I may have to start that one in my family!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #3 6/17/2013 C/P EDD 2/26/2014 
    BFP #4 7/18/2013 natural M/C on 8/11/2013  EDD 3/30/2014
    PGAL/PAL always welcome
  • Hi MD, I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now, I completely understand.

I'm hoping that everything goes quickly as well. Right now, I'm hoping the HPTs say BFN, because my dr is concerned about an ectopic. On the plus side, if my hcg is already that low, hopefully AF won't be too far behind. The last time we were TTC, I charted for awhile, then took a break because I got too obsessed. The month that I didn't chart is when we got our BFP, so I'm not sure if I will or not. It will be kind of bittersweet, because this is it for us.

QOTW: We have a big Christmas Eve at my house, for my whole family. Then tomorrow, we have Christmas at my parents' house.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"

BFP#1: EDD 10/19/2007 DD born 9/26/07 at 36 weeks due to PIH and Pre-E

BFP#2- EDD 12/23/2012 DS born 7/16/12 at 17 weeks due to PPROM and placental abruption
    You will be in my heart forever sweet boy

BFP#3: EDD 7/30/12 MMC at 7 weeks, 2 days, D&C 12/14/12
    BFP #4: 6/29/13- EDD 3/10/2014 DS born 2/22/2014

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    **PAL/PGAL Always Welcome!!!**
  • Huge ((Hugs)) MD! I will have to try to fix my FF chart so that it shows BD days...I will look at my settings. I think we did well BD on O-4 and O-1, we will know in about 10 days. I hope everyone has a great holiday. We are on out way to a impromptu vacation to San Antonio today with my in-laws.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Gatorsgirl731:
    Gatorsgirl731: I'm sorry about the BFNs, but maybe you didn't O when FF is saying you might have? Sorry about the temp drop too, boo! Maybe our uteruses uteri, uterus?! are in cahoots and want us to be KU together? That's my only viable excuse here.nbsp;

Makes sense to me. We got AF the same timenbsp;this cycle.nbsp; I am just ready for her to show her ugly face.nbsp; Katharine and I were talkin yesterday about maybe I O'ed around CD21 or something so it may be too early to test.nbsp; However the huge temp drop really discourages me.nbsp; I haven't been this emotional since the loss for sure.nbsp; I told DH to stop trying to encourage me and just spend the next couple days holding me up.nbsp; So he is trying his best and I appreciate that one.QOTW: What are your holiday traditions?Nothing real major. We always go to the IL's for Christmas Day, but this year we are going up early fixing to leave.nbsp; The whole family gets together for Christmas eve so we are throwing DS and furbaby in the car and heading up to Kansas.nbsp; Wish me luck! lol

Safe travels tonight, Gators! And I'm glad to hear that DH is giving some support for you when you need it instead of encouragement. Very sweet of him. Merry Christmas!
  • image jenohouston:
    Hi MD, big hugs to you, I love ya!AF is supposed to be here on XMAS day but I've decided to wait to test till Wednesday because I don't want to be super depressed all day with a BFN! nbsp;For Christmas Eve it's just me, DH, and my mom. nbsp;Then on XMAS Day we go to DHs huge family XMAS. nbsp;I have a very small family....his iS huge!nbsp;

We have the same family thing here which made for an interesting first Christmas together [my family with 5 people at dinner, his with 40]. I hate all of these AFs due on Christmas, that's too much pressure! FX for you. Merry Christmas!
  • image losersaidwhat:

image mdharrison:

Thanks for helping (and whoever it was that answered me in the initial check in - I can't remember your name!). I figured it was generally just meant for pictures but I wanted to check to be safe. Part of the reason I don't put pictures up anymore is for that reason :)

Updates: I had my bloodwork done just over a week ago and got results back saying that I'm super low on iron, so I've since picked up some supplements to add to my prenatals + vitamin D I was already taking. Explains why I was SOOO tired all the time, and I've read that low iron/anemia can have effects on fertility or being able to sustain a pregnancy. Fingers crossed these new supplements will help! I'm already feeling like I have more energy.

We've started a new one just last year that we'll get real trees instead of having a fake one. It's only a tradition for me because I grew up always having the artificial one my mom had - last year was my first ever real tree!

I do have the same stocking I've had for as long as I can remember, so I guess that counts.

We don't really have a lot of traditions though so far since our family is still pretty young.

I'm glad you're feeling more energetic! Did they check your B12 as well? I have wicked B12 deficiency anemia and need sublingual supplements and IM injections. It makes me super tired and I have so much more energy now that they've figured it out. Do keep in mind that iron can really constipate, so keeping some colace on hand can be helpful!

I love real Christmas trees! We always had one when I was a child and now have a little artificial one in our place, but I love real trees. The smell brings back so many memories! Merry Christmas!
  • image JJ09:
    Jamp;J09:nbsp; How are you doing now that you're in the 2WW? nbsp;Great timing. nbsp;I'm sorry that you're struggling with the thoughts about where you'd be getting ready for Noel now. nbsp;I know that feeling well, and it can be really hard over the holidays. nbsp;Big hugs, J.nbsp;nbsp;I'm doing ok.nbsp; Trying to keep myself from going crazy.nbsp; I am hopeful but trying to be realistic.nbsp; All those "should have" thoughts are so hard to keep at bay.nbsp; They tend to creep up on me at the most inopportune times.nbsp; I try to keep them locked away, but they always manage to escape.nbsp; Big hugs to you MD.nbsp; I know the holidays will be especially hard on you this year.nbsp; We are hear if you need anything.nbsp; []QOTW:nbsp; What are your holiday traditions?nbsp;Well, growing up we would bake cookies for the fire and police men and womennbsp; that had to work Christmas eve and Christmas day.nbsp; This year has been crazy and frankly I have not been in a good place, so we skipped it.nbsp; I plan to try again next year.nbsp;

Thanks, J. Hugs right back! Sorry the 2WW crazy is creeping up on you. It's hard, hopefully the rest of it treats you well.

And what a sweet gesture of making cookies! So thoughtless. Hopefully next year you can continue on the tradition! Merry Christmas!
  • image loving929:
    Loving929:  How are you feeling?  Have you actually held out on testing if so, good for you!!  Such strength!  I know what you mean about that slow rise, I had a wonky slowrise a while back and it was... odd lol.  Not usual.  But then I had a weird tempdrop this time, so I guess sometimes our bodies are just that... weird.  FX crossed for you and for a Christmas BFP!  

If I have enough courage, I will test tomorrow. A part of me wants to wait but the other part wants to know if we get a nice Christmas present! Either way, we'll know for sure in the next couple days.

FX so hard for you! I know what you mean on the testing thing, I felt much the same. I didn't want the let down, but I wanted to know just the same.

Your tradition sounds too stinkin cute! I love me some Christmas jammies. FI always tries to make me stay up and watch A Christmas Carol [the original one, and it scares me]. Hopefully you watch some less scary movies. Merry Christmas!
  • image aaw12707:
    Hi MD, I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now, I completely understand.

I'm hoping that everything goes quickly as well. Right now, I'm hoping the HPTs say BFN, because my dr is concerned about an ectopic. On the plus side, if my hcg is already that low, hopefully AF won't be too far behind. The last time we were TTC, I charted for awhile, then took a break because I got too obsessed. The month that I didn't chart is when we got our BFP, so I'm not sure if I will or not. It will be kind of bittersweet, because this is it for us.

QOTW: We have a big Christmas Eve at my house, for my whole family. Then tomorrow, we have Christmas at my parents' house.

I can definitely understand the apprehension about charting. I saw another post about the possible ectopic. I really hope that's not the case for you. I can't imagine.

Have fun tonight with your family. Merry Christmas!
  • Hi MD, I am sorry you are not feeling well, but we all understand.

GavinRonansMom:  I'm so sorry that AF showed, hun.  Are you planning on trying anything different this cycle?

I was pretty bummed because it happened so easily before, and I guess I was just expecting it to be easy again.  This cycle we are going to use Pre-seed and I am drinking the full 8oz of POM juice (from CD3 to O because I couldn't get it before then). Other than that we will just have to pray....I am hoping to not be so stressed and crazy hopefully during the 2ww.

DS ment

QOTW: Well usually my parents are here, but they aren't this year. DH is on a 24h shift tomorrow, but we will celebrate on the 26th. I will go to the fire station with DS tomorrow. Tonight I am making seafood (which is our christmas eve tradition) crab cakes, calamari, calms casino, rolls and broccoli. On our christmas day we always open presents, drink mimosas and have a yummy breakfast. This year I am making thick cut french toast and bacon. Then we do prime rib for dinner.

image Noah Michael, born sleeping 9/29/12 at 19w 3d. We love you forever Little Man! image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 2/4/13 EDD: 10/11/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Patiently waiting for Buggirl to join me!!
    Beta #1 11dpo:89 Progesterone:38.9 Beta #2 18dpo:1940
    HB seen at 6w HB 8w 5d 176bpm! Its a BOY!
    grow rainbow grow!!!!
    All Always Welcome!!
  • image Loveniz:
    Huge Hugs MD! I will have to try to fix my FF chart so that it shows BD days...I will look at my settings. I think we did well BD on O4 and O1, we will know in about 10 days. I hope everyone has a great holiday. We are on out way to a impromptu vacation to San Antonio today with my inlaws.

Thanks for the hugs! Enjoy your trip and happy holidays!

• Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, MD. And you're totally not sh1tty. We all get to feel that way from time to time 

Ravenclaw1:  Tell me some more results came in, please?  How are you feeling this week, love?

All testing is back, and everything is normal. No issues for me or H. I'm on the tail end of what's been one of the WORST AF's ever. It was the first after my m/c, and I swear I heard my super tampons laughing at me all week. Sigh. Oh well, it's almost over. After that, we're back to TTC. I have mixed emotions on the whole thing, but I know we have to jump back in if we want this to happen.

QOTW: Holiday Traditions. We don't really have any. Holidays are tough for me. I was raised Catholic, but converted to Judaism after college. Even though it was 100% my choice, and I'm happy with it, not celebrating Christmas has been hard ever since. So I get really grumpy around the holidays. I need to get over that, but I suppose it's only been 5 years. I think I deserve the time to figure out what's going on. 

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • image GavinRonansMom:
    Hi MD, I am sorry you are not feeling well, but we all understand. GavinRonansMom:nbsp; I'm so sorry that AF showed, hun. nbsp;Are you planning on trying anything different this cycle?nbsp;I was pretty bummed because it happened so easily before, and I guess I was just expecting it to be easy again.nbsp; This cycle we are going to use Preseed and I am drinking the full 8oz of POM juice from CD3 to O because I couldn't get it before then. Other than that we will just have to pray....I am hoping to not be so stressed and crazy hopefully during the 2ww.DS ment nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;QOTW: Well usually my parents are here, but they aren't this year. DH is on a 24h shift tomorrow, but we will celebrate on the 26th. I will go to the fire station with DS tomorrow. Tonight I am making seafood which is our christmas eve tradition crab cakes, calamari, calms casino, rolls and broccoli. On our christmas day we always open presents, drink mimosas and have a yummy breakfast. This year I am making thick cut french toast and bacon. Then we do prime rib for dinner.

Mmm! I'm headed over for dinner, okay? Sounds yummy! I'm sorry that your BFN got you down. Honestly, I felt much the same as we were NTNP before. We'll be using pre seed if we try again this cycle. Big hugs! Merry Christmas!
  • image ravenclaw1:
    Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, MD. And you're totally not sh1tty. We all get to feel that way from time to timenbsp;Ravenclaw1:nbsp; Tell me some more results came in, please? nbsp;How are you feeling this week, love?nbsp;nbsp;All testing is back, and everything is normal. No issues for me or H. I'm on the tail end of what's been one of the WORST AF's ever. It was the first after my m/c, and I swear I heard my super tampons laughing at me all week. Sigh. Oh well, it's almost over. After that, we're back to TTC. I have mixed emotions on the whole thing, but I know we have to jump back in if we want this to happen.nbsp;QOTW: Holiday Traditions. We don't really have any. Holidays are tough for me. I was raised Catholic, but converted to Judaism after college. Even though it was 100 my choice, and I'm happy with it, not celebrating Christmas has been hard ever since. So I get really grumpy around the holidays. I need to get over that, but I suppose it's only been 5 years. I think I deserve the time to figure out what's going on.nbsp;

Thanks, hun. I'm sorry AF isn't treating you well. I remember being surprised that I hadn't gone into shock I thought I was bleeding so much. Pretty sure my tampons were laughing at me too.

Sorry, I didn't mean to not include anyone with my qotd, what kind of traditions do you have now?
  • image mdharrison:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to not include anyone with my qotd, what kind of traditions do you have now?

no apologies needed! It's just one of my things. I feel bad for H bc I don't get into Hannukah much either, and am always a grump on Christmas. the past several years we've always had a Hannukah party, which is nice, but obviously not this year. I imagine at some point we'll start up on our own traditions. H is a very patient man with me :) 

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Hi Md, I know I posted this on your other thread, but I just wanted to say again that I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch. We all totally understand. ((Hugs))

Lunabug924: AF showed! AF showed! How are you feeling now that you're onto TTC? What's your plan? 

Yes! Right on time and I'm very excited! However, she is being a mega b!tch! I'm on CD 6 and I still have a steady flow. I hope she knows she's going away for about 10 months and is just putting up a fight.

I'm not planning on doing anything too crazy. I am actually taking mucinex right now because I am sick, so there's a chance I'll still be on it by the time my FW rolls around. I'm also going to use pre-seed. I O late in my cycle, so luckily I get one more fling for New Year's Eve, and then I'm giving up the booze. I'm not a really heavy drinker to begin with, and I know they say that a few drinks during the 2WW won't hurt anything, but I just feel like I'd rather not.

We don't really have anything major. I have to work every Christmas Eve and DH usually works too (he works overnight). On Christmas day we usually go to his family's house, but this year I'm flying solo because he's working, so I'm just going to my aunt's. It all seems very anti-climactic, but low key is good for us this year.

The only thing I really look forward to is watching "A Christmas Story" over and over again on TV. They play it for 24 hours starting 8pm on Christmas Eve. I have it on now! "You'll shoot your eye out!"

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad week, md. Are you feeling better now? I hope so! Don't feel bad about not responding to us. You are so awesome for collecting us and checking in on us every week. Thank you. 

My OPK was positive, thank you! I just wasn't in the mindset this month to chart or record. My grandma's been in the hospital since Thanksgiving, plus the c/p and the end of another semester means that I just couldn't do it. But I did get a + and we BD'ed with pretty good timing before and after the +. FX for a good beginning to 2013. 

And thank you for the belated birthday wishes! 

QOTW: Christmas eve dinner (usually the same menu) is our tradition. I've been helping to cook it since I was old enough to follow instructions and have cooked it probably since I was 12. I love my dinner! 

TTC since July 2011

BFP # 1: m/c at 7wks (EDD May 2012) 

BFP #2: c/p in Nov. 2012 

BFP #3: July 24th, 2013 (EDD April 4th, 2014)

*PgAL / PAL Always Welcome*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

• mdharrison... I'm sorry you're feeling so down lately, I hope you're feeling a bit better lately!

Buckeye608:  Looks like you'll be getting some CH soon, if your temp continues to rise.  How are you feeling this week?  

I'm feeling fine this week.  I was kind of dreading the holidays, but with cleaning, cooking, entertaining, etc. they've kind of been a nice distraction.  I *think* I'm 4 DPO, no CH yet though... for some reason FF thinks my cycle lengths are usually around 40 days, but they're typically closer to 32.  It also considered the first 30 days of my cycle, BFP, and m/c one cycle making it 60+ days.  So it's an understatement to say FF has some inaccurate info.  I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to FF, so any advice is appreciated :)

We decorate sugar cookies the day before, and try a new cookie recipe the same night too.  There's a special ornament DH and I have that we put on the tree together every year.  I bought it when we were dating so it's been a tradition for the last 8 years or so.  We have the same dinner each year on Christmas day too.  We have other traditions too, but I'm too lazy to type them! 

• katyms7: Holiday hugs your way, hun. I'm sorry you're struggling. Still waiting on your first PP period? Since August, yes? Have you spoke to your doctor about this? (Sorry if I've forgotten)

Thanks for the post and the hugs. It was a good Christmas all things considered. Our families were pretty amazing and my husband keeps me going every day and supports me on the rough days. I seriously was saying prayers every night that I would get my period so I could start TTC again. On Christmas day my first PP period showed up. I think my angel and DS had something to do with this and I couldn't help but smile. This is my first period in over a year so it has been a tough one for sure but I have never been happier being able to give this report! I have an appt with my RE next Friday to have blood work done to make sure the meds are working and decreasing my hormone levels back to normal. With me having my period is a pretty good indication that my body is back to normal. This was a Christmas miracle!

http://wwwcirillofamily.blogspot.com/

BFP#1 12/23/11 EDD 8/29/12. Frank P. Cirillo IV born on 8/19/12 at 2:34am. Grew his wings and went to heaven on 8/25/12.
    My sweet angel Frankie. Love you so much!

BFP #2 5/21/13 EDD 1/25/14 Sam Frank P. born 1/17/14 Our rainbow baby is here!!

• image mdharrison:

sjelwood:  How are you doing this week?  Did you end up getting a +OPK?  Did you end up driving home on Wednesday to get some?  I must admit, it's a little hardcore, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do.  

Sorry I'm a little late to the party this week!  

I did get a positive OPK on Friday, so when DH got home at 1am Sat.night/Sun. morning I made him wake me up for a little zombie sex.  I'm pretty sure chances are slim this month, but at least we got it in once before 48 hours had passed.  And I didn't end up driving home that day.... I realized it was a little crazy, and I had a lot of work to do, so it didn't pan out!   

I am in the midst of figuring out why we've been exceeding our internet usage the past two months, so I won't be on much to keep up with what's happening... we are already out and still have 10 days to go!  So frustrating.  Hope you start to feel better soon, md! 

TTC #1 since May 2012 
             BFP #1 9/24/12 EDD 5/30/13 m/c 10/2/12 
    BFP #2  6/10/13  EDD 2/18/14  Please be our rainbow!
                    Baby boy born on 2/24/14  
    imageimage

• Sorry I am late this week!  I hope you are having a better week this week.  Sometimes I think we all have those types of weeks where you just can't make yourself get happy!  

Littlar:  Sorry AF showed.  Your MIL sounds like a peach.  I hope you find hope this holiday season and some cheer as well - although I know it's not easy.  *hugs*

We just got back into town from our Christmas traveling... SOOOO glad to be back home there really is no place like home!  MIL was pretty good she is just not a very warm person so it makes it hard and all she wants to do is show me christmas cards of other peoples kids and tell my DH about people who he went to school with who are having babies!  Sometimes I just want to scream when I am there!  

We make hand rolled tamales for christmas day.  My dad started the tradition about 15 years ago.  They are so good but take lots of work over several days! 

TTC since May 2011
    M/C #1 Chemical Pregnancy Aug 2011
    M/C #2 Blighted Ovum Feb 2012
    M/C #3 Missed Miscarriage after HB Aug 2012
    BFP #4 1/12/13 EDD: 9/26/13 Betas 12DPO: 45, 14DPO: 156, 19DPO: 904, 21DPO: 1,972, 26DPO: 12,230, 28DPO: 22,017
    Pregnancy Ticker