Preemies

Do you think this is ok?

FIL is going to BILs house tonight. We aren't going because everyone is sick. FIL is supposed to come here tomorrow. Do you think it will be ok after him being around all the sickies tomorrow? He doesn't usually hold LO when he's here....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you think this is ok?

• I wouldn't be okay with it, personally. I'm over cautious, but that just seems a bit too chancy. I would be hyper paranoid and follow him around with sanitizing wipes for every surface he would touch - and probably not even allow him in the same room as the babies (assuming I had any babies at home - since we're still in the NICU, that may be lending it'll to my uber sensitivity). In short, I don't really think it would be worth the risk.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I must be an awful mom - because as long as he washes his hands and doesn't hold the LO - I wouldn't care. I feel that LO's these days are protected a little too much for sickness - how else are they suppose to build an immune system? It's bad enough that I'm not taking my LO anywhere until the winter is over since he can't get the RSV shots so I'm ok with him being exposed to a little bit things but that's just me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecolemangal85:
    I must be an awful mom - because as long as he washes his hands and doesn't hold the LO - I wouldn't care. I feel that LO's these days are protected a little too much for sickness - how else are they suppose to build an immune system? It's bad enough that I'm not taking my LO anywhere until the winter is over since he can't get the RSV shots so I'm ok with him being exposed to a little bit things but that's just me. 

Are you a mom to a preemie?  I feel like a preemie mom wouldn't say "how else are they supposed to build an immune system".  There are certain things that don't apply in the same way to FT babies vs. preemies.  Risking exposing a preemie to illnesses such as the flu and RSV wouldn't be a way to "build an immune system" it would put them at risk for serious complications and hospitalization.  Which preemies and preemie parents have no doubt had enough of and would not like to repeat.  

With that said, I am not a terribly over protective preemie mom but don't really want to take extra chances at exposing my LO to people who are sick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"