June 2013 Moms

Challenges?

So, I'm a first time mom to be, me and hubby are used to splitting things up around the house, I'm used to doing alot of things with very little help...so I keep forgetting that I'm not supposed to lift more than 10lbs, like when I want to lift my godson (who's about 30lbs) in the air, or carrying chairs and such...the biggest challenge for me (outside of morning sickness 1st trimester) has been asking for help and not being able to lift heavy things. 

Anybody else wanna speak on what is challenging for them while being pregnant? Anybody else miss an occasional drink or two? lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Challenges?

• I'm a cake decorator, the smell of anything makes me gag..Both grandmas requested a cake for today and tomorrow. It was a gag here, puke now, type of night for me.

VOTE on my Name List

LABOR BUDDY: BONJUJU. NEW EDD IS 7/4/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

pregnancy week by week

Magical Pregnancy Unicorn Marigold Pretty Reins..TO THE RESCUE!

• The worst thing this time around is that my DH pretty much expects me to take care of my DD and myself and that he is only responsible for himself.  When we go places for the day, I wake up at 6 to get myself ready before DD gets up and he is still in bed sometimes until after she gets up.  Normally this does not bug me because he does some extra chores around the house - dishes, general cleaning.  But lately its really starting to get on my nurves - when we have 2 kids am I going to be responsible for 3 people and he only responsible for himself?  Plus I worry as I get bigger, he will really need to step up helping DD with bathtime and bedtime.  Its already hard for me to bend down and reach into the tub to help her.  He was very sweet the first time around, but its almost like this pregnacy is not as significant to him as the first.  When in fact I've had more symptoms this time around and could use more help. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • image mjune3881:
    The worst thing this time around is that my DH pretty much expects me to take care of my DD and myself and that he is only responsible for himself.  When we go places for the day, I wake up at 6 to get myself ready before DD gets up and he is still in bed sometimes until after she gets up.  Normally this does not bug me because he does some extra chores around the house - dishes, general cleaning.  But lately its really starting to get on my nurves - when we have 2 kids am I going to be responsible for 3 people and he only responsible for himself?  Plus I worry as I get bigger, he will really need to step up helping DD with bathtime and bedtime.  Its already hard for me to bend down and reach into the tub to help her.  He was very sweet the first time around, but its almost like this pregnacy is not as significant to him as the first.  When in fact I've had more symptoms this time around and could use more help. 

I feel like this at times.  I SAH with DD, so it's easy for me to just continue taking care of everything when he is done work.  I've found that it's been good to start now in setting the precedent to make sure DH is taking a more equal load of the responsibility when he is home.  Rather than waiting until I'm more pregnant - and more frustrated - I've started asking him if he can do bath time, or get her breakfast.  I figure if we ease into changing up our routine now, it won't be as rough when the baby gets here. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image mjune3881:
    The worst thing this time around is that my DH pretty much expects me to take care of my DD and myself and that he is only responsible for himself.  When we go places for the day, I wake up at 6 to get myself ready before DD gets up and he is still in bed sometimes until after she gets up.  Normally this does not bug me because he does some extra chores around the house - dishes, general cleaning.  But lately its really starting to get on my nurves - when we have 2 kids am I going to be responsible for 3 people and he only responsible for himself?  Plus I worry as I get bigger, he will really need to step up helping DD with bathtime and bedtime.  Its already hard for me to bend down and reach into the tub to help her.  He was very sweet the first time around, but its almost like this pregnacy is not as significant to him as the first.  When in fact I've had more symptoms this time around and could use more help. 

Yes, this exactly!  Some days are better than others but I def felt he was more helpful the first time around.  I think the only way to get through to him is break down and cry - which isn't that hard since my hormones are cRaZy lately!  ;)  

photo 82cd8793-783f-431f-96f0-fcca1084a640_zpsc15e5cb6.jpgimage"Daisypath"> Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

photo d5624905-a6b6-418f-b278-83e809b23a24_zpsd0363f36.jpgBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Am I wierd that I don't seem to have many challenges with DH, but with the rest of my family?  My very young cousin does not seem to understand that I can not carry her or have her ask me a hundred times for different things(my ipod for Cut the Rope mostly).  My Aunt, her mother, got upset when I told my cousin that she can not keep grabbing my presents off the coffee table in front of me for the second time.  I admit that it was a little louder than what I would do with an adult or older child(?), but really this kid has already knocked me over(at my brother's wedding actually) and that wasn't the first time she's tried.  Is my Aunt going to try to tell me to let this kid hold my kid when she has tried to knock me over for my entire pregnancy?  My cousin beats her "My Real Life Baby" which cries.  How am I supposed to know that she is going to treat my kid different from that toy when she doesn't understand that I can no longer be her play mate for everything?

Sorry a bit of a vent and I left out what my SIL did or what I thought of her wedding yesterday. 

BabyFruit Ticker