June 2013 Moms
Options

NBR: My FIL is...

A word that TB will not allow me to type.

Long story short, H's family Christmas was today and FIL is essentially an 2 year old and throws tantrums.

He literally pouted the entire time we opened gifts and made it really uncomfortable. They don't buy gifts for the kids, so he's always a little grumpy about it, but this year was unreasonable. We have offered to open gifts after everyone left, but MIL likes to see the kids open their gifts, so she always wants to stay.

I got some photos printed for MIL from our wedding and they didn't print the picture of her and FIL in that I ordered and it was too late to get a new one, so I didn't have one for the collage with family pictures for H's sisters, us and his parents so I had to put one in of just her and H from the wedding as a filler for the time being.

I explained why as MIL opened it and FIL threw a fit and refused to look at it because he was not in it and "you look like a single mom in it"

We got them a TV last year because theirs broke. They still haven't put it up. This year we bought FIL a pairof utility gloves with his favorite teams logo on it. He said, what no TV? And then grumbled that at least it was something he could use this year.

I'm so glad we do Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with mine.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: My FIL is...

• Options
    Yikes I thought SO's family was bad. What a baby, he would make me absolutely miserable.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options

Wow. What a grouch. I'm sorry.

Thank goodness that's over for the year, right? ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good thing that is done! Sorry he was being a baby... some people just never really grow up.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    Wow. My dad will make comments here and there but overall it doesn't affect the mood. Crazy that a grown man acts like that! I don't know if I could keep my mouth shut. Either that or literally not get him anything next year
              image image

• Options
    Wow, I'm impressed you kept your cool. I would have probay said something, or tell them they're not welcome to stay for that portion next year.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

UGH!  He is a real treat.  I have special outlaws myself, so I can sympathize.

I consider myself fortunate though, as they all live close, but we only see them a few times a year. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"