3rd Trimester

Question uti and positive strep b

I had my bi weekly checkup Friday and thought everything was ok. Got a call today from a doctor on call for my dr. That my urine cane back positive for a uti and strep b. I am having a repeat c section. They are putting me on meds. From looking everywhere online it seems as though it should be ok as long as I get treated. Then I read risks that increase chance of baby contracting " developing a uti from step b". Is this only during labor? Any insight would be much appreciated!
Report Quote Edit Delete

Re: Question uti and positive strep b

• Surprisingly my Group B is so severe it was detected in my urine at 16 weeks. I was also told at this time that I had a UTI. The baby will be absolutely fine, esp. if you are planning a c-section because Group B only affects vaginally delivered babies. Do not panic, but try to be very careful of getting UTI's because every UTI you get ups the chances of baby getting cerebral palsy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

• I would say you have nothing to worry about for 2 reasons. First they are giving you the antibiotics and secondly you are having a C Section so chances of contact with baby are slim.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards