Preemies
Options

Do you think I might go preterm?

I went to the doctor and found out I'm not dialated at all, but I'm 30 effaced, I also keep having bad period cramps and they said no sex and to take it easy, I am also only 28w3d but baby is measuring 30w1d
Since I'm 30 effaced and having bad cramps. Do you think I'm at risk for preterm? I'm also only fifteen, and my mom had me at 32 weeks, so I was a preemie.

Re: Do you think I might go preterm?

• Options
    I'm not a troll, I am being serious.
    My OB doesn't seem very worried, but I'm still worried. I can't shake the feeling off that she's going to come early.
    I thought posting on here would give me more answers then posting in the teen pregnancy/teen mom section, and I thought other people might have had similar symptoms and their baby came early.
    I'm just worried, especially since I'm small and young, I just want my daughter to be healthy and safe.
  • Options
    If your OB is not worried, then you shouldn't be either. However, I agree with PP's this post screams troll, and this is one of the few boards where you DO NOT pull this crap. If you are legit, I suggest lurking for a bit. If you aren't legit, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourself. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm going to be somewhat blunt: if you're really only 15, yes, because of your age, you're at risk for preterm labor.

If your doctor said no sex and take it easy, yes, there is a chance something could trigger preterm labor. They don't give those guidelines just for fun.

Ask your doctor what signs to look for that are indications of something worse.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Effacement means the thickness of your cervix which can be pretty subjective.  A tall woman most likely has a longer cervix than a shorter one.  Has your ob been checking it regularly and felt your individual cervix shortening?

If I was your mom, I would be encouraging you to not be having sex at all anymore, but that's not really related to PTL.  

GL and I do agree with everyone else that your dr is best for specific advice in your situation.   

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"