Baby Names

Girl List

I have posted about some of these names before, but DH and I are getting nowhere when it comes to making a decision! Please give your opinion on each of the names below. I really would like something easy to say and easy to spell (my name is neither and it is annoying). Something not super popular either. Big brother is Calvin.

Adelia/Delia 

Anastasia (nn Anna)

Anna

Evelyn (nn Evie)

Gwyneth (nn Gwen)

Ivy

Lorelei/Lorelai (nn Rory)

Re: Girl List

• My favorites on your list are Ivy and Delia.  I think they pair best with Calvin.

I think Anna and Evelyn are creeping up in popularity (but are beautiful names) and Lorelei, Gweneth and Anastasia are a bit heavy handed for my personal taste.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• My vote is for Anastasia, hands down.  It's my top choice for a girl.

After that, I really like Anna and Ivy.

I like Lorelei, but I dislike Rory as a nickname.

Evelyn is overdone at this point.

I just don't care for Gwyneth and Adelia/Delia.

~ fourteen cycles ~ march 2014: chemical pregnancy ~
    ~ november 2014: diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease, began levothyroxine synthroid (it matters) ~
       image           image

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

• I like Ivy.

Anastasia reminds me of 50 shades, sorry. 

“I’d marry again if I found a man who had $15 million and would sign over half of it to me before the marriage and guarantee he’d be dead in a year.” - Bette Davis
  • I love your names but Ivy jumps out at me! Very easy to say and spell and its sort of a fun bonus that Ivy & Calvin share the "V"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Adelia/Delia - I like it. Have you considered Cordelia?

Anastasia - Love it! However, it does remind me of the '50 Shades' Trilogy. ;)

Anna - Love it! It pairs nicely with Calvin.

Evelyn - Like it.

Gwyneth - Like it.

Ivy - Love it!

Lorelei/Lorelai - I love the Lorelei spelling, but it's so Gilmore Girls...

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• If you want something easy to say and easy to spell, I would cross off Adelia, Anastasia, and Lorelei from the list.  Not a fan of them anyway.

I love Anna and Evelyn nn Evie.  I like Gwyneth nn Gwen also.

Not a fan of Ivy.

My vote would be Evelyn nn Evie.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the responses so far. The 50 shades reference for Anastasia doesn't bother me. I haven't read the books and I just don't care. My hang up is that it sounds a little too princessy to me.

I also like the "v" connection ivy and Evelyn have with Calvin, as another poster pointed out. Our last name starts with V also.

Anna seems a little boring to me but is DH favorite.
  • I like Evelyn the most.

I can't Ivy....reminds me of poison ivy. 

utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image kayjay10:

If you want something easy to say and easy to spell, I would cross off Adelia, Anastasia, and Lorelei from the list. 

I would say this for spelling.  I suck at it and don't know if I would get these right.

I like the other 3, Like Evelyn nn Evie the best!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My favorites are Adelia and Delia but I prefer Delia with Calvin as a sibset.

BabyName Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • Great list!  I really like Delia, Anna, Gwyneth, Ivy, and Lorelei.  I do think you'll have pronunciation/spelling issues with Lorelei though.  I like Calvin and Delia, Calvin and Anna, and Calvin and Ivy the best.

ETA - just saw your post that Anna is your DH's favorite.  There must be something about that name...it's my DH's favorite too, and while I like it, I worry that it's too boring too.

• Ivy is DD, so that's my fave. Also like Gwenyth, but prefer Gwendolyn. Mostly I love the nn Gwen tho.
  • I like Anna, Ivy, and Lorelei best. Evelyn is okay too. Adelia/Delia, Anastasia, and Gwyneth are my least favorite of the bunch. 
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I'm not a fan of Adelia and Anastasia. I like Anna, Ivy and Evelyn. I love Lorelei and Gwyneth!
    Carly

First month TTCing #2 7/12

My DX: Lupus, PCOS, LPD and LP/DH's DX: LM
    m/c 10/04, m/c 7/05
    Pregnant with DD, after 3 rounds of Clomid, 8/06, loss of her twin 11/06
    m/c 1/09, mc 2/13, c/p 5/13
    1st round of Clomid this time (50 mg) 10/13- BFN
    2nd round of Clomid (100 mg) 11/13- BFN
    Cycle #18: 12/13- Break from meds for yet another HSG for me and yet another SA for DH. We're on our own this month! 

Potato Launcher

• I like Anna the best.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • From your list my favorite is Evelyn. It is also on DH and I's list along with Lillian, and Vivian.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• image GMH1183:
    Thanks for the responses so far. The 50 shades reference for Anastasia doesn't bother me. I haven't read the books and I just don't care. My hang up is that it sounds a little too princessy to me. I also like the "v" connection ivy and Evelyn have with Calvin, as another poster pointed out. Our last name starts with V also. Anna seems a little boring to me but is DH favorite.

A close friend of mine has a two year old whos name is Anastasia. I think it fits her very well. She goes by Annie as well.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My favourite by a long shot is Gwyneth (I like Gwendolyn even more).
  • I think Ivy is a super cute name (and definitely easy to say and spell)
    Kim & Armando Married since 12th Nov 2012

Anniversary

My Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest

Chloe Jane (29th Aug 2011)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards