Stay at Home Moms
Options

cant feel mirena

Another quick q. I tried feeling for the strings today for first time, its been a week since it was put it...i tried 3 times feeling for it today and i cant feel it. I left message with advise nurse today about this but she hasnt called me back.

Im assuming they will have me go in so they can check on it. Is it possible its there but i just cant feel it? Any ladies out there who cant feel thiers?

Re: cant feel mirena

• Options
    They should have scheduled a check to make sure it is in place two weeks to a month after insertion. The strings have been trimmed short by your OB so it might help if you were in the squatting position when trying to locate them. If you still can't feel them at that point, go in to the doctor.
  • Options

*****Lurker and probably TMI*****

I had Mirena for 4 years and the only time I could feel the strings was right after sex. I don't know if it was because my strings were short and sex loosened things up enough that I could feel far enough in there to touch them or what. I'd just hop in the shower rinse a bit and then see if I could find them. Squatting definitely helped as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    After it's been in for about a week, the strings soften and curl up around your cervix, so you have to feel around a bit to find them. Or your strings could have been cut very short. Do you have a follow-up appointment to check the placement? It's probably fine but definitely worth getting checked out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"