November 2012 Moms

Bed Rest and now Exercise

Hello ladies, 

I have a question. I spent 16 weeks on strict bed rest (at home). I had my baby 6 weeks ago. We go walking at least twice a week. And ive been doing a lot of walking on my own to get my body adjusted to the motion of moving my legs. 

I realize that my body is still in shock for the most part. If i do a lot in one day I will be soooooo sore it is insane. For instance we only had one elevator working yesterday (i live on the 19th floor) so I ran down the steps. Usually going down is the easiest part (no pun intended) but my thighs, calves and knees are so sore.

At my 6 week visit I was told that I can start working out whenever I was ready but to ease back into it for the sake of not hurting myself. I'm curious to hear suggestions of good exercises and routines I can get into that will help me use my muscles appropriately but also facilitate in the shedding of pounds.

help!!!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Bed Rest and now Exercise

• Can you start out with something low impact like swimming or yoga? That will get your muscles working again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • Since it seems your body is still recovering.....try treadmill and do elevations, like mountain trails it can really burn more calories than a regular walk, I do that 2 a week the other days I do zumba and some p90x workouts, your body will be sore the next day you really workout but then it gets better and better.