To switch or not to switch. I know this gets asked A LOT. DH and I are kind of on the fence about it & DH has visited the new potential daycare. We can see the pro's and cons of both.
We have been at our current center for most of DD?s life (since she was 10 weeks old). We?ve had 2 directors and 3 different assistant directors. We are more-or-less satisfied, but as she gets older we wonder if we should switch to a different daycare. She was supposed to have the same teachers for her whole time there, but one teacher had to go back to working with only infants due to health problems and the other teacher was fired (It was NOT a safety issue ? I think she missed too many days).
PROS to switching
- new center?s teachers all have 4 year degrees
- new center is non-profit, and they have scholarships if families ever need them
- New center doesn?t emphasize xmas (We don?t celebrate it. It?s also more in-line with our beliefs)
- new center doesn?t use jello/marshmallows/gelatin in crafts/food. It hasn?t been *that* much of a problem. At our current center, the director offered to buy safe jello for projects, etc. After she had to buy it, the # of crafts using jello stopped.
- new center gives the employees a separate lounge/breakroom that current dc doesn?t have.
Current one has a fridge/toaster oven in a room where they also keep school supplies.
-new center has healthier snacks (no corn syrup, hydrogenated oils. Currently, we send 90% of DD?s snack food, instead of using the food at the center).
- Farther distance away (only about 4 miles, but could be a pain in rush hour)
- Costs about $30/more a month
- Closed more days due to holidays (About 9 more days/year, but I have plenty of time)
- DD would have to leave the only place she has known
What would you do?