May 2013 Moms
Options

STMs or more...engorgment?

So kind of an odd question. I'm not leaking  but I feel really engorged. My boobs are kind of heavy, uncomfortable and feel full of milk. There's no way that's possible right? I only stopped pumped in June but hadn't leaked since then really.

Could it be? Or more likely just hormones making them grow I'm guessing and feel heavy? Anyone else with this feeling?

Here we go again! 2 u 2 :-) BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: STMs or more...engorgment?

• Options
    Does any milk come out when you squeeze? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    One of the reasons I took a pregnancy test with DS2 was that I was leaking colostrum.  I hadn't nursed DS1 in 5 months and suddenly one morning there it was.  So while I wouldn't think you are full of milk, it's definitely possible that you are producing milk already.  Your body definitely knows what's up this time around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have any real "fullness" while pregnant with Ds. They got larger but not really puffy or heavy or anything. And I never leaked anything.

This time, my chest is HUGE and really heavy and full. I can barely squeeze my nipple and already get a thick colostrum to come out. Something that never happened with Ds.

I don't think it's too weird. Our bodies have been there and done that. They "remember" and can go straight back much sooner.

• Options
    Mine are definitely heavy and feel full of milk. I stopped nursing in August. Some colostrum comes out when I squeeze. My MW said it's normal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hadn't tried to get anything out yet but I will see what happens. Thanks girls, I'm glad it's happening to others Stick out tongue
  • Options
    So much so tgat I regularly think, oh, I need to go nurse, before remembering I don't nurse ds anymore.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    Totally.  I don't know if it is a factor but I had only stopped breast feeding DD about a month before getting pregnant.  No leaking but I have that feeling/heaviness especially in the night.   I wonder if I am more aware of the feeling now with this pregnancy since I know what engorgement feels like or if because I had just finished breast feeding and then got pregnant again...??
  • Options

imagewatermelon mom:
    So much so tgat I regularly think, oh, I need to go nurse, before remembering I don't nurse ds anymore.

This is me as well! Althought I pumped so I keep thinking I need to go pump lol. I can barely wear a bra, I feel like I'm going to get a clog.

• Options

imageDChunt09:
    I didn't have any real "fullness" while pregnant with Ds. They got larger but not really puffy or heavy or anything. And I never leaked anything. This time, my chest is HUGE and really heavy and full. I can barely squeeze my nipple and already get a thick colostrum to come out. Something that never happened with Ds. I don't think it's too weird. Our bodies have been there and done that. They "remember" and can go straight back much sooner.

Same here. I can't get colostrum to come out, but I find it dried at the end of the day. I seriously think my boobs are carrying the baby and not my ute.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Options

FWIW, when I was engorged, my boobs were rock hard.  Currently, they feel heavy, but I can still squeeze them - not the case after my milk came in.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"