2nd Trimester

I should have known better than to let certain people know

I was visiting with a former colleague.  She was on leave due to breast cancer.  She and I were very close at one point.  She asked me if we were planning a family -- I told her that I was pregnant.  She told her an entire department (a super gossipy group and I am so happy that I don't work with them anymore) and then one of them told my colleagues. 

I hadn't spoken with the super gossipy one in over 5 years yet she felt the need to tell all of my direct colleagues.  She had to go out of her way for this.  I ran into her while she was busy spreading MY news and I didn't say anything to her about my pregnancy because clearly we are NOT friends (and I didn't know she knew).

Whatever.  It wasn't a secret.  Just annoyed.  I should have remembered how petty all of those people were.

together since 2006
full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
Bloodwork: normal
2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
New RE appt 8/14/12
IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
Beta #1 BFP! 97
Beta #2 234
Beta #3 4937
ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
10/20/12 graduated!!!
EDD 6/7/12
Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I should have known better than to let certain people know

• Not sure what the big deal is.  People gossip.
  • It is really hurtful when trust is broken.  It is a shame that this woman felt the need to gossip at your expense.  Try to tell yourself that it is nothing personal.  She is likely filling some type of void in her own life.  You are wiser now! Don't let it get you down hon!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Did your work already know? If not, then I'd be super pissed. People always talk. I've learned that at work don't tell anyone anything unless you want the whole world to know. See my post below 'so when are you due?' from yesterday - I still can't believe this lady called me out (I haven't told anyone). what if I wasn't PG and just had gained some weight?? totally inappropriate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I completely understand the annoyance. I worked as a grill cook and had to miss work due to ms. Well company policy is, if you miss work due to sickness you have to have a doctor's note saying it's safe to return to work. So I had to tell management early. When I returned, everyone knew.  It's your news and you should be the one to tell. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • While annoying, you really shouldnt tell ANYONE at work and not assume that it's not going to get around.  People talk.  Lesson learned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"