October 2012 Moms

Virtual Cookie/Baked Goods Swap

First off ladies - we're boring these days. I still love you all, but we really need to spice it up.

Idea - who wants to do a Virtual Cookie/Baked Goods Swap? I've been doing a bunch of baking over the past few days and am always down to try new things. Also, I would love to see what you all's go to holiday treats are.

-----------------------------------------

If you want to participate post a link to or just the full recipe of your favorite holiday treat. Bonus points for PIPs.

-----------------------------------------

So who's down - fat kid style? 

Cooper Thomas | 08.02.12 at 31w2d | 3lb 9oz
TTC #2 since 11.02.13

image image image image

TTPG April Siggy Challenge: Superheros

image image

Re: Virtual Cookie/Baked Goods Swap

• I am not betty Crocker, nor have I ever been... But I'm totally down to steal some erecipes and try since I'm not going back to work until jan.... What else am I going to do with my time?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not a holiday cookie, but they are yummy and all I bake right now. If you make them for others, make sure they know there is so much fiber in them, they'll be ahem... cleaned out after a couple cookies.

From: http://www.drmomma.org/2010/08/lactation-cookies-recipe-increasing.html ;

Major Milk Makin' Cookies
    Recipe by Kathleen Major
    Detailed recipe with photos found here

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1 3/4 c. oats
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    3/4 c. almond butter or peanut butter
    1/2 c. butter, softened
    1 c. flax
    3 T brewer's yeast
    1/3 c. water
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 c. sugar
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 tsp vanilla
    2 large eggs
    2 c. (12oz) chocolate chips
    1 c. chopped nuts of your choice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
    In a large bowl, beat almond butter, butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, brewer's yeast, flax and water until creamy.
    Mix in eggs.
    Gradually beat in flour mixture.
    Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
    Add oats slowly, mixing along the way.

Place balls of dough onto greased baking sheets or baking stones.
    Press down each ball lightly with a fork.

Bake 12 minutes. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Admittedly I'm a horrible baker :(  no recipes worth sharing but cant wait to see what ya'll got though!  

• I'll play! My grandma always had this at every holiday dinner. She called it Cinnamon Salad, but idk what the real name is.  

2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (or any red jello works)
    1/2 cup red-hot candies
    2 cups water
    A jar of applesauce

Directions:

Bring water to a boil in saucepan.

Add red hots to water and stir until candies are dissolved.

Remove water from heat.

Add both packages of jello and stir until completely dissolved.

Add applesauce and mix well.

transfer mixture to bowl, 9 x 13 baking dish, or jello mold.

Refrigerate until jello is well set (4 hours)

PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Pineapple upside down cupcakes I made these for the first time last week and they were a big hIt i left the cherries whole

1can (20 oz) sliced pineapple, drained, juice reserved1box Betty Crocker? SuperMoist? yellow cake mix1/2cup vegetable oil3eggs1/3cup butter, melted2/3cup packed brown sugar12maraschino cherries, cut in half
    • 1Heat oven to 350?F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
    • 2Cut each pineapple slice into 4 pieces; set aside. In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, eggs and reserved pineapple juice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
    • 3In small bowl, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Spoon 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture into each muffin cup. Top each with 2 pineapple pieces. Place cherry half, cut side up, in center of pineapple pieces. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cup.
    • 4Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of cupcakes to loosen; invert onto cookie sheet. Serve warm.

• This is my absolute favorite dessert. I don't even want to know how many calories it has, but it's to die for.

Banana split cake it isn't really a cake
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pauladeen/bananasplitcakerecipe/index.html

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I made these the other day... Ate half of them in a day!

http://www.justataste.com/2012/07/sour-cream-coffee-cake-muffins-with-streusel-topping/

Married my best friend 09.18.11
    TTC since 12.10.11, BFP #1 02.10.12
    Baby E born 10/18/12. 8.5lbs and 21in of pure perfection!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blogging Endeavors:
    Here Comes Mommy
  • These all sound good!!  Now I wish I had the time to make all of them between the baby and work!  But I did manage to make these the other day when my parents came over to watch the baby and everyone loved them!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/addictive-pumpkin-muffins/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=addictive pumpkin muffin&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe

Have fun!

• Count me in. I will post the infamous rum cake recipe no one might not try but my family is from the west indies so the cake is yummy and filled with rum

PersonalMilestone
  • Since cool whip cake mix is bogo at Publix I may try my friend's cookies that I used to love. YoujYoujust mix a box of red velvet cake mix and cool whip then roll in powdered sugar. They were super yummy! I may try to see if I can find it online to make sure I get the oven right.
  • I haven't baked all season! I'm planning on making cookies on Christmas Eve though...who has a really good cookie recipe I can try?

• These two cookies were brought to a cookie exchange I went to last week. I plan on making both next week for Christmas.

Caramel stuffed apple cider cookies

White chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies

image image

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This has become the favorite in our house.

Gingerbread Biscotti

Adapted From Picky Palate 

1 1/4 cups flour

1 Cup whole wheat flour

1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar

1-1/4 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

1/4 tsp. baking soda

1 bag of White Chocolate Chips

1/4 cup molasses

2 large eggs

2 Bags of Chocolate Chips - I usually do 1 Milk and 1 Semi-Sweet

Sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking soda pecans and cinnamon chips in the bowl of a stand mixer. In a medium bowl, mix eggs with molasses. With mixer on low speed, pour in egg mixture to dry ingredients until well combined.

2. Divide dough into 2 equal parts and form into 10 inch logs 4 inches apart onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Each log should be about 2 inches wide. Bake for about 30 minutes and let cool for 10 minutes.Cut each log into ? inch pieces on the diagonal. Place back onto the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until nice and crispy. Remove and let cool completely.

3. Place chocolate chips into a double broiler over boiling water. Melt until smooth. (you can also melt your chips in the microwave if you prefer) Dip the top half of each biscotti into melted chocolate and place onto wax paper to dry. Decorate with sprinkles of choice if desired. Once dried, do yourself a favor and dip into hot chocolate.

makes about 30 biscotti 

edit: fix image 

Cooper Thomas | 08.02.12 at 31w2d | 3lb 9oz
    TTC #2 since 11.02.13

image image image image

TTPG April Siggy Challenge: Superheros

image image