C-sections

Am I crazy?

My first was a c-section and I really wanted a mirror to watch what was going on.  For fear that my husband would pass out, we opted for no mirror.  I'm having a RCS in a few weeks and I really want to see.  Am I crazy?  I know some moms watch themselves give birth vaginally so I don't see why I can't watch myself give birth via c/s.  Trying to figure out the logisitics of me seeing it without DH seeing it would be an issue and I know if I bring up this subject with him again I'm going to get major side eye.  Anyone out there that has watched their c-section?  Thoughts?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Am I crazy?

• You're brave. I had absolutely no desire to watch my delivery, had it been vaginal either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WSS, Ditto! ^^^ I had no desire to see anything that was going on and when I got home and finally looked at my scar (about 4 weeks later), I felt faint! Even looking at the pics the nurses took in the OR make me squirm! LOL. If you have the stomach for it, I don't think you're crazy. Some people are way better at handling that kind of thing! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Loading the player...
  • I wanted to see as well.  Hell, I asked my doctor if my vbac failed and I had to have another section, could I help lift her out.  He politely nixed the idea, but yes, I wanted to see what was going on.

As a compromise to the mirror, DH took tons of pics so I could relive it all, flipbook style (he did the same with my first section).  They're the coolest pictures I have.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Personally I have no desire whatsoever to see my C-section (I'm really squeamish and would probably be the one to pass out) but if you want to using the mirror could your DH position himself so his back was facing the mirror and only you were looking at it?
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think it's weird at all. I worked at a veterinary office for 6 years and I loved watching the surgeries. I think it's so neat what doctors can do. I didn't get to watch for mine, but like pp my husband took some really cool pictures of them pulling the baby out. No one else wants to see them, but I think it's so neat to go back and look at how they did it.
  • For my next one, it will be recorded. I want to see it too.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Not crazy at all!  I wanted DH to take pics during my first CS, but he's too squeamish.  I might ask my nurse to snap a couple photos during my RCS next week!
  • Yes. I'm a nurse, I've seen plenty. Do Not watch your own. And did your OB offer it? Because I have never seen that done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i had the mirror for my vaginal delivery but i watched some youtube videos of c sections b4 i had mine n that was MORE than enough for me....its not a pleasant thing to watch...
  • I dont think its weird at all. My dh got pics of them cutting me open and stretching my belly to pull her out. Pretty graphic pics and I am glad for them.

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • My cousin asked to see her second section.  She's a nurse, so she really wanted to see it.  She had a whole list of requests for her second section. I think they let her. 

DH was worried that he didn't want to see it, but he did look and he took lots of pictures, I love having them.  But I'm not sure that I could have watched at the time.

my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • have DH put the video camera over the sheet so he can tape it but not watch. then you can just watch it after without him around. or maybe a nurse would hold the camera for you
  • I wanted to watch my c section too.  I am a NICU nurse and attend deliveries so I am used to seeing c sections.  My nurse took my camera and took a lot of great pictures during it for me.  I love having those pictures of her birth and am grateful for her taking them.  Most hospitals won't let you video a c section.  Since it is a surgical procedure it isn't allowed.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I would love to watch, but I'm pretty sure it's against hospital policy. Blood doesn't bother me, and I think surgeries are pretty cool. My hospital doesn't even allow pictures during the surgery, so I have a feeling watching is out.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"