April 2013 Moms

NBR: End of the world ?

With 12-21-12 quickly approaching, do you remember how you felt the first time you heard the prediction? How do you feel about it now?

I was probably in high school and I remember thinking that I would be 32 and old by 2012. I was sure I would have accomplished everything I wanted out of life and that I wouldn't care if the world did end. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Now, I'm sure I'm still going to have to make my mortgage payment next month Sad

Collage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: End of the world ?

• Personally, I think it's crap. I think it's funny to see all of the people who take it seriously though.

I hope that no crazies actually take it upon themselves to blow something up, that's the only thing I'm worried about. We don't need anymore devistating national news. :(

I've also heard plenty of theories that cancel out the whole Myan calander theory. One being Leap Year, they didn't take into account leap year so it should have happened years ago.... I also heard that the Myan queen that reinged said to make the calander last until that day cause that will be the end of her reign...

The Road To Three

image  image  image 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make my happy when skies are gray.

You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. So please don't take my sunshine away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm pretty sure that the whole end of the world part of it was fabricated by modern times as an assumption when the calendar reset. Its just like rolling over the odometer on your car. Its just going from one cycle to the next.

Here is a good blog post/article about the whole Mayan calendar thing. :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 10/22/13 - 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

• image teddidan:

Leap Year, they didn't take into account leap year so it should have happened years ago..

This.

I've heard this too. We didn't start using leap year until like 40 something B.C. take into account all the extra days we've had since then.. the world would have ended years ago.

I'm with Teddidan on the crazies too. I hope no one decides to do anything stupid :S 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image nikkinay89:
    image teddidan:

Leap Year, they didn't take into account leap year so it should have happened years ago..

This.

I've heard this too. We didn't start using leap year until like 40 something B.C. take into account all the extra days we've had since then.. the world would have ended years ago.

I'm with Teddidan on the crazies too. I hope no one decides to do anything stupid :S 

I think it only equates to a few months, but yeah - all of the various calendars don't line up.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• image OhSewCrafty:

I think it only equates to a few months, but yeah - all of the various calendars don't line up.

After reading the article you posted, i think you're right, it  probably is only a few months.

It's crazy how many different calendars are out there! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image teddidan:

I hope that no crazies actually take it upon themselves to blow something up, that's the only thing I'm worried about.

I think it's a load of BS too. I hadn't even considered the crazies. Maybe I'll start my Christmas break early just in case Smile

Collage

• A "friend" on Facebook had the most ridiculous post the other day about how if they Mayans were so good at predicting the future, why aren't there anymore Mayans?

There are you idiot. A significant portion of the Mexican population are Mayan decendants. They may no longer live in the stone temples you can now tour, but there ARE Mayans. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • image LibbyLouHoo:

Now, I'm sure I'm still going to have to make my mortgage payment next month Sad

HAHA too funny - I can't remember the first time I heard it.. I feel like it was only a few years ago - maybe 5 and I'm sure I blew it off!

Funny side note: my dad gets in these doomsday moods and recently went out to buy powdered milk, canned beans, yams, etc lol Best part is he did this a few years ago and had to throw out all the expired food!

BabyFruit Ticker Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family image
  • image Buggygirl84:
    A "friend" on Facebook had the most ridiculous post the other day about how if they Mayans were so good at predicting the future, why aren't there anymore Mayans?

There are you idiot. A significant portion of the Mexican population are Mayan decendants. They may no longer live in the stone temples you can now tour, but there ARE Mayans. Grrrrrrrrr.

LMAO Winner. 

• I work in Mental Health and our intake office has been verrrry busy this week with people having anxiety over this...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image OhSewCrafty:

Hahah this is awesome!

The Road To Three

image  image  image 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make my happy when skies are gray.

You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. So please don't take my sunshine away.

• The first time I heard it I didn't think much of it because we're always hearing about doomsday prophecies. I think no one will know when the end will come baised on my own personal beliefs. At the same time I don't knock what these followers believe in because we all need to believe in something but I hope ppl don't do anything stupid.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I was watching something on this yesterday on the Discovery channel.

NASA stated that the end of the world will definitely not happen on the 21st, but they did go into greater detail about some of the possibilities that could effect our planet and us somewhere down the road.

My own personal belief is that: I don't believe the natural disasters and such is what's going to result in the end of our existence, I believe that the human race itself is what's going to ruin us.

ETA: After the 2012 Apocalypse segment, the Discovery channel then played a Zombie Apocalypse prediction. Now that freaked DH and I the hell out!

[center] My Life Is About To Change Forever. [/center]

[center] BFP 08/01/2012 EDD 04/11/2013 [/center]
    [center] We're having our baby girl! [/center]

[center]its-a-girl-lilac-1IMG_20121025_184909-1-1-133768-1-1[/center]

BabyFruit Ticker

[center] I love my city! [/center]

[center] White Sox, Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks fan! [/center]

[center]imageimageimageimage[/center]
  • image ChicagoBulls:

I was watching something on this yesterday on the Discovery channel.

NASA stated that the end of the world will definitely not happen on the 21st, but they did go into greater detail about some of the possibilities that could effect our planet and us somewhere down the road.

My own personal belief is that: I don't believe the natural disasters and such is what's going to result in the end of our existence, I believe that the human race itself is what's going to ruin us.

ETA: After the 2012 Apocalypse segment, the Discovery channel then played a Zombie Apocalypse prediction. Now that freaked DH and I the hell out!

Zombies...now that is scary! DH and I live out in the country, which is where I would think would be the safest in the very unlikely event of a Zombie Apocalypse. lol It's fun to think about anyway. We have conversations about our plan of attack and survival strategies. haha 

Let us live our lives the way we shall wish we had lived when life is over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• image OhSewCrafty:

I'll trust an Oreo any day of the week!

Collage

• When I was maybe 10 or so, I saw a special on PBS about 12/21 and it really freaked me out because I just didn't understand. Luckily, I've since gained some sense and believe that no one can know what will happen from one day to the next. 

Anniversary

Baby Cheesecake - Natural birth with Pre-E April 17, 2013, breastfeedin', baby-wearin' and cloth diaperin' ever since!
  • I think the most important point is that the mayan calendar doesn't say "the world will end on 12-21-12".  12-21-12 is simply the last day of the calendar.  Kind of like our wall calendars all end on 12-31-12.  People just figured, "hey, the mayans took all this time to create such an elaborate calendar that when they finally stopped it must have been because the world was going to end". 

maybe the mayans just got tired of calendar-ing...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image ChicagoBulls:

Two of my coworkers insist that there will be a zombie apocalypse. I insist they watch too much The Walking Dead.

Collage

• image chelchel77:

I think the most important point is that the mayan calendar doesn't say "the world will end on 12-21-12".  12-21-12 is simply the last day of the calendar.  Kind of like our wall calendars all end on 12-31-12.  People just figured, "hey, the mayans took all this time to create such an elaborate calendar that when they finally stopped it must have been because the world was going to end". 

maybe the mayans just got tired of calendar-ing...

This. Plus, the calendar doesn't even actually end. The long count cycle "13 bak'tun" ends on Friday and coincides with the winter solstice. All of this "leap year" stuff is not true, though. Mayan calendars count in a totally different way than the gregorian calendar we use. The calendar doesn't say Dec. 21st, 2012, but the long count DOES end that day. It has been accurately aligned to our calendar system.

Well, at least some anthropologists think it ends that day. Others claim to have evidence that the long count is really 17 bak'tun long. In either event, calendars that go beyond Friday have been found. And though a lot of Mayan knowledge was destroyed during the Spanish conquest, none of the surviving literature even hints at any doomsday type stuff.

I live in Guatemala, where a lot of this stuff has been found. None of my neighbors seem to be nearly as worried as folks in the states are. And, yeah, lots of Mayans.

image image imageimage
  • I think that this article will make the calendar make sense! This is not dooms day!

http://news.discovery.com/history/the-real-deal-how-the-mayan-calendar-works-121219.html ;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers BFP#2 May 29/12 EDD Feb 3/13 M/C June 9/12 @ 6 weeks BFP#3 August 12/12 (It rained all day and then at dinner we saw a rainbow... and had a BFP just before bed!) EDD April 21/12
  • image Debbie0580:
    I work in Mental Health and our intake office has been verrrry busy this week with people having anxiety over this...

LOL, I work in Intake/crisis at two MH facilities. Three admissions today bc psychosis related to the end if the world. Also extreme paranoid about more mass shootings!!!
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since I first heard of it on through today I think it's a load of crap and haven't put any weight on it.  It's hilarious watching people get all worked up over it... like they did for "Y2K"  LOL
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image image
  • Yea I do remember when I first heard this about a few years ago and thought of my kids and hoped this would never happen.   I also remember how when 12/12/12 was approaching and how the news were saying this would be a lucky day and then 12/13/12 came and the horrible happened when those little children being killed in Conn.  You just never know what will happen in the future and we all must better try to live our lives better cos we do not know what tomorrow will bring.