So we have planned to let our nanny today its something that has been building and building and last week when ds screamed bloody murder at the sight of her we decided that we could not wait any longer for ds's sake.
However, I am feeling horrible as it is so close to christmas and I feel like maybe we should wait, but is right after christmas any better? We are trying to make it as nice and painless as possible we are telling her that we had applied to an amazing day school awhile back and they called today to say that they have an opening for the first of year due to a last minute cancellation and that we were next on the list but have to start on the first if we want the spot fyi our nanny is on vacation through jan 7 after today. So we will say that we would still love to use her a sitter in the future and would be happy to give references we are also planning to give her 400 in severance pay as we will say that given the situation we aren't able to give her much notice when really we just don't trust her alone with ds after we tell her that her services are no longer needed but bottom line is the timing too horrible? Thanks for listening I am sick over this and its probably why we have kept her this long even though she is a pretty srummy nanny. Thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated.