2nd Trimester

2nd time moms- can you recommend a baby sling?

I never had one the first time around and would like to try it. I don't like the way the baby bjorn looks and am drawn to the slings. Any suggestions? Something easy to put on myself? TIA!

Re: 2nd time moms- can you recommend a baby sling?

• I have a baby bjorn and like it okay. DH used it more than I did. I like my Moby Wrap and used it often with DS2. But it can be a pain to get on and off. I have a sling but never really figured out how to use it.

I am considering getting the Beco Butterfly 2 this time. I think it will be easier than my Moby Wrap. I anticpate baby #3 will be in a carrier a lot.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had a Rockin Baby Pouch with DD that was great, but both kids were in our Ergo most of the time.  I couldn't get the Moby to work without help, and it was really hot.  Also looking one of the Becos this time around, as well as my tried and true Ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • hands down ergo.  i have weak shoulders and hated the bjorn.  the ergo doesn't bother me at all and it's SO comfortable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am ready to have my 3rd one and I do not want any of the above.   I like holding the baby in my arms I cannot stand having anything around me.
  • I used the Moby for the smaller baby stage (up to about 4-5 months) and then switched to the Ergo. The Moby looks scary since it's a long piece of fabric but if you watch a few youtube videos you will figure it out quick! I loved it and my husband loved it even more than I did. I'm really glad we went with the Ergo for the next size up because it's really easy on your back. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loved our Hotsling!  I'll definitely be using it again. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Maya. Best baby purchase I made.

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• My DH and I both really loved our Moby.  I practiced a few times wrapping myself before we tried putting our DS in.  He was quite snug and slept so peacefully in the early months.  He's almost 18 months and still meets the weight limits with it...however, he won't sit still long enough for me to put him in it.  DS #2 is due in April and we're looking forward to getting the Moby back out.  If you're worried about putting it on correctly, like a PP said, watch the videos on YouTube.  They'll sort the questions out!  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"