Parenting

Mother F'er

I left my freaking phone on the train this morning....I didn't even notice till my H just called me. He said he called my cell phone and some guy answered.

The guy said that he lives in "so and so" town and gets home from work at 4:30 and I could come get it then.

What would you do? Go get it? Just get a new phone?

Wouldn't you have just handed it to a conductor?

Ugh, I am such an idiot.

ETA:

Alright...all worked out....it's a Christmas miracle!

I talk with him and his wife. They get off at my stop but later then I get on so they will be leaving the phone at the police station in the town I work in. I can grab it tomorrow.

Super nice people. She sounded a little annoyed that she had to drop it off but I would be too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Mother F'er

• also, I am not calling the guy a mother f'er....I am sure he is a nice person.

• I'd get it. Or see if he'll be on the train again tomorrow, maybe you can meet at the station in the morning?
                                        Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • I'd ask him where's a convenient public place near him where you can meet.  I'd go get it if it wasn't at his house.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Will the dude be going back on that train?  Could he leave it somewhere closer to the train for you to pick up?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why wouldn't he ask to meet somewhere in public?  That's weird.

• image LoisLane23:
    I'd get it. Or see if he'll be on the train again tomorrow, maybe you can meet at the station in the morning?

I think, based on the town he lives in, I get off at my stop and he gets on at the next stop.

• image LoisLane23:
    I'd get it. Or see if he'll be on the train again tomorrow, maybe you can meet at the station in the morning?
    Yeah, I'd get it too.  If you can't do tonight, then tomorrow morning seems like a great option. 

imageimage

• image elmoali:
    I'd ask him where's a convenient public place near him where you can meet.  I'd go get it if it wasn't at his house.

Boom.

That's a bummer..  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would absolutely not get it. Technically, to me, he stole your phone. He took it from the train. To me, that is stealing. It's not like he picked it up and immediately dialed someone on your Favorites to try and track down the owner. I would never meet some stranger to begin with.

Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • image I Heart The 80s:

I would absolutely not get it. Technically, to me, he stole your phone. He took it from the train. To me, that is stealing. It's not like he picked it up and immediately dialed someone on your Favorites to try and track down the owner. I would never meet some stranger to begin with.

I know it weird. Seriously if I found a phone on a train, I would immediately give it to the conductor.

• If he stole it, he wouldn't have answered it. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I'd definitely at least try to get it. I dont think a criminal would've answered.
    Definitely public, though, like everyone else said, and tell him "my husband will be there..." Etc.
    I've bought stuff off craigslist before and I always send my husband. If he gets a weird vibe, he nixes it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • image I Heart The 80s:

I would absolutely not get it. Technically, to me, he stole your phone. He took it from the train. To me, that is stealing. It's not like he picked it up and immediately dialed someone on your Favorites to try and track down the owner. I would never meet some stranger to begin with.

No he didn't steal it. He found it. If I found 20 bucks on the ground, did I steal it?

Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • image CinemaGoddess:
    If he stole it, he wouldn't have answered it. 

That's my thinking as well.  I wouldn't consider what he did stealing.  Weird that he didn't immediately turn it in, but not necessarily stealing.

Maybe his phone is the same, so he grabbed it off the seat and didn't realize until he got home?  I've done something similar.

• I would go get it. Or get your DH go get in.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image CinemaGoddess:

This or he felt guilty about his decision to steal your phone. 

Meet him at a public location and pick up your phone or ask your DH to meet him at said public location.

• image I Heart The 80s:

Lolwut? 

imageimage

• Okay, well I just talked to my aunt and she said he called this morning and said,

"This is Will, I found this phone and saw that you are in here as "aunt" so I thought I would try you first. I found this phone on the top tier of the train."

My aunt said she would call me at work and let me know. ( I must have been with a client because I missed her call)

He then said

"I will be turning her phone off so here is my number for her to call."

• image CinemaGoddess:

Exactly.

OP, I'd try to arrange a time to meet in a public place and get it back. 

O&D October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Halloween Candy

2 Bostons, 1 Preemie, & 65 Roses

• image EVA116:

Okay, well I just talked to my aunt and she said he called this morning and said,

"This is Will, I found this phone and saw that you are in here as "aunt" so I thought I would try you first. I found this phone on the top tier of the train."

My aunt said she would call me at work and let me know. ( I must have been with a client because I missed her call)

He then said

So he didn't steal it.  No surprise.

• What thief answers the phone and tells you where he lives?

• Can you have your DH go get it for you ?, that's what I would do. 
  • image EVA116:

Okay, well I just talked to my aunt and she said he called this morning and said,

He then said

I stand corrected! 

• image LoisLane23:

What thief answers the phone and tells you where he lives?

A real wiley assshole, who is a selfish jerk to boot!

imageimage

• Alright...all worked out....it's a Christmas miracle!

I talk with him and his wife. They get off at my stop but later then I get on so they will be leaving the phone at the police station in the town I work in. I can grab it tomorrow.

Super nice people. She sounded a little annoyed that she had to drop it off but I would be too.

• image sofamonkey:
    image LoisLane23:

I know of a few people who have had their phones stolen. The people who have stolen them  have definitely answered. As for him telling her where he lived, yes he ended up being honest. This guy was doing a good thing, and that's great. 

In my experience, not everyone is so honest. Hence my "Debbie Downer" attitude. 

• image I Heart The 80s:
    image sofamonkey:
    image LoisLane23:

I know of a few people who have had their phones stolen. The people who have stolen them  have definitely answered. As for him telling her where he lived, yes he ended up being honest. This guy was doing a good thing, and that's great. 

Yes, but finding a phone still isn't thievery.

• image LoisLane23:
    image I Heart The 80s:
    image sofamonkey:
    image LoisLane23:

Yes, but finding a phone still isn't thievery.

Good point.

I think I am just in a nasty scrooge kind of mood. 

• Are you hangry, 80s?

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• image CinemaGoddess:
    Are you hangry, 80s?

She sure is ranchy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards