First of all thanks for all the helpful advice about my last topic regarding inductions and my FORMER (yay) OB. I did find a new one. And from the discussions we've had seems very open to letting me do what I want. I still made a birth plan though because from what I've been reading its usually the L&D nurses that give the most problems. So what do you think?
L & D:
1.I do not consent to ?unnatural? induction methods. Membrane sweeping is fine. But no Pitocin, I have enough heart issues I don?t want anything supercharging it.
2. I do not consent to CONTINUIOUS fetal monitoring or constant interference, I need to be able to be as calm as I can and labor in peace for me to be effective.
3. No epidural
4. We consent to the hep loc but not an IV, as I need to have full movement in order to be able to labor effectively
5. The only people besides the OB and nurse that I want in the room is my husband and my doula
1.Delayed cord clamping is a must, I would like the baby to get the full benefits of the properties if the cord blood.
2. We WILL do the eye drops because although they are not needed in our case. I don?t see any downside to having them.
3. We WILL do the Vitamin K shot.
4. We do not consent to the Hep B shot.
5. Please do not rub all the vernix off of the baby, because it has anti-bacterial properties and is good for their skin. We will do the first bath ourselves
6. Baby must be in room at all times, which I am sure will not be an issue since this is already stated as protocol in your ?Having a Baby? brochure/packet
7. We are choosing not to circumcise
8. If all is well with mother and baby we request an early discharge
*fyi. Nothing to do with the above but if any one is looking for a Britax travel system. I just scored one for 20% off on diapers.com, not sure if its a temporary sale or what just figured I'd pass it along*