3rd Trimester

Belly Support

I feel silly even asking this, but I thought you 3rd tri ladies might have some insight.  Embarrassed

At 21 weeks, I do think my belly is pretty big.  I have some lower back pain and I'm starting to feel like my abdomen is heavy and uncomfortable by the end of the day.  Really though, it's not that bad. 

My funny but caring husband, who is not only a man (who wants to "fix" everything!) but also a nurse, keeps bugging me to get one of those support belt things.

In case anyone doesn't know what I mean: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Daps&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1355793435603#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=maternity%20support%20belt&sprefix=maternity+suppo%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amaternity%20support%20belt

Does anyone actually wear these things?!  Do they work?  Where do you actually buy one?  Can you try it on first?  Can you see them under your clothes?  I am baffled by the whole concept.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Support

• I wasn't very big at 21 weeks, so I don't know exactly what you're dealing with, but I do remember walking around hurting my lower abdominal muscles in my 2nd tri. I'd try a regular belly band first, since it's cheaper and less bulky. These days, I wear mostly fully panel mat pants, and the panel does the trick when it comes to support. 

GL! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wear the SI-LOC due to an unstable pelvis. No one knows I have it on and I wear it over my clothes. I just put a belly band over it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use one of these, but I use what I think was the third or fourth one down on the list of amazon options you posted(it's the Boppy brand). I did buy it off amazon too. I only wear it at work where I work as a nurse for 12 hour shifts.  I am pretty sure I started wearing it like 6-7 weeks ago or something. I definitely need it at this point and all the other pregnant nurses I've seen use something similar.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I tried one probably around 30 weeks.... And for me it was a waste of money. I wore it for two days and ended up tossing it. I had a tank top on, then would wrap the belly support around me, then put my regular shirt on and it made me itch and did nothing for my back. See if you have a friend who can let you try one first. I threw away 40.
  • I used a similar one from motherhood last time.  It did help... but I can't say it was comfortable, especially sitting down. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 20 weeks is a rough time because joints are starting to loosen up and you're dealing with the extra weight for the first time.  It will get better.

I bought one of those bands but didn't put it on until a couple weeks ago and frankly its really uncomfortable.  But if I have a heavy walking day I try to wear it to keep my pelvis in line because hip and pelvic pain are my biggest issue right now.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was given a support band by my ob so I have no idea what brand or anything it is but I love it. I only wear it when standing or walking for long periods of time though because it is very uncomfortable to sit with it on and I wear mine to lift my belly so that i can pee. Cant really say what it will do for back pain just that i love mine and its not noticable under my clothes. Sorry if that isnt to helpful
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the input ladies!  I bet I would hate it.  I will ask around with some new mommies and see if anyone has one I can try out.  I never thought of that.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"