Pregnant after 35

I think I'm turning into a cow... LOL

I'll review the facts:

1) My boobs are like udders-- I think they're bigger than most of the animals I used to milk when I was a child working on the dairy farm.

2) My nipples are sore and especially sensitive to the cold, even if I am wearing 3 or 4 layers over them. I am seriously considering applying Bag Balm on them before I go outside these days. Maine in the winter is not the place to have sensitive nipples. (We always put Bag Balm on the cow's udders after milking, to protect them from getting chapped in the cold air.)

3) My skin is changing like crazy. Putting the contact dermatitis, changing moles, and ever-emerging skin tags aside, I've started getting brown patches on my cheeks-- almost like age spots. The patches remind me of a cow's hide.

4) I am starting to lumber and waddle like a cow with those ginormous hips. My ligaments are loosening and they weren't in a good place to begin with, after all my years of high-impact sports-playing and injuries. So now I can't walk too fast (that also makes me throw up) and when I do walk, I have this bizarre gait.

5) I'm almost always trying to eat something-- a string cheese, a carrot, etc-- so I feel like I'm constantly chewing my cud.

6) My latest craving the past 2 weeks has been salad. Which is pretty much glorified grass. (See item 5 again.)

I think I should change my name to Bessie. Now if I could only find a way to produce delicious milk, I wouldn't have to wait for MH to finish shoveling the driveway to get some from the store!  Wink

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: I think I'm turning into a cow... LOL

• I feel your pain, OK, some of it!  But I will give you funniest post of the day award!  I think it made me laugh more because the other morning my Hubbie decided to refer to my Girls as Udders and then the argument started! lol!  

Don't change your name yet and keep up the sense of humor!   

• LOL - I needed that little giggle this morning.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that we were separated at birth.  I am 4' 10" and I had to buy a 1X bra.  Lanolin cream will help the nips.  The skin tags are on my chest between my breasts and I have a puffy lump where my surgical scar is on my nipple.  My cravings were salad and donuts together.  Make sure you wear sun screen.  It will help with the brown spots on your face from getting worse.  DH laughs at my waddle and my work friends have started noticing when I walk down the hall.

The only thing that we have going for us is that older women don't get as many stretch marks according to my plastic surgeon.  I still have not gotten any.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCountry Girl in the City:

I think that we were separated at birth.  I am 4' 10" and I had to buy a 1X bra.  Lanolin cream will help the nips.  The skin tags are on my chest between my breasts and I have a puffy lump where my surgical scar is on my nipple.  My cravings were salad and donuts together.  Make sure you wear sun screen.  It will help with the brown spots on your face from getting worse.  DH laughs at my waddle and my work friends have started noticing when I walk down the hall.

The only thing that we have going for us is that older women don't get as many stretch marks according to my plastic surgeon.  I still have not gotten any.

LOL at Daniele! :) I hope things ease up for you after first tri as much as they did for me. I mean, second tri has offered some serious relief from intense changes.

CG- I pray to God that's true- I haven't seen any on my belly yet. But, that doesn't mean they aren't coming!

• Oh no thats funny!  I can relate to some of that too.  My boobs are ridiculously big and I hate it. MH keeps commenting and I'm like yeah just wait till my milk comes in.  
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Oh how funny.  Definitely the funniest post of the day.  My husband likes to call my boobs udders and he even makes the sound/motion at the same time.  I swear I want to slap the silliness out of him but sometimes I can't help but laugh with him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel your pain.  I had to buy two new bras this weekend and the biggest cup size in the store is still a bit too small.... ridiculous!!!!!  I had the brown spots as well with DS....the good thing is they went away completely after having him.  They're not as bad so far this time.  Skin tags!  YES!  WTH????  I felt something on my neck the other day and then I realized that's what it was.... go away!

We're all there with you.... can I join your herd?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagedbadura01:

I feel your pain.  I had to buy two new bras this weekend and the biggest cup size in the store is still a bit too small.... ridiculous!!!!!  I had the brown spots as well with DS....the good thing is they went away completely after having him.  They're not as bad so far this time.  Skin tags!  YES!  WTH????  I felt something on my neck the other day and then I realized that's what it was.... go away!

We're all there with you.... can I join your herd?

You all already have! You think I could tell most of my friends this sh!t?!? Only another preggo would appreciate this stuff.

One of my friends who is in her 40s keeps saying, "I didn't experience any of that when I was pregnant. I don't remember any of this..." Yeah, honey buns, you were in your 20s and 30s when you were pregnant. You weren't effin 38 with the joints, cartilage, and ligaments of a 50-year-old football player!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• DH's much younger sister is pregnant too.  She complains so much about the smallest things.  She has heartburn and her back hurts.  She had DH convinced that I was just experiencing the same things as her.  The MFM put him in his place when she started talking about the risk of seizure and strokes.  I just keep smugly thinking that she is getting hideous stretch marks which can't be repaired by surgery while I will not have any and what damage is done by my baby will be easily fixed by my doctor.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCountry Girl in the City:

I think that we were separated at birth.  I am 4' 10" and I had to buy a 1X bra.  Lanolin cream will help the nips.  The skin tags are on my chest between my breasts and I have a puffy lump where my surgical scar is on my nipple.  My cravings were salad and donuts together.  Make sure you wear sun screen.  It will help with the brown spots on your face from getting worse.  DH laughs at my waddle and my work friends have started noticing when I walk down the hall.

I dearly hope this is true too. I don't have any yet, but the skin directly around my navel is a bit red. I meant to ask the OB about it but forgot.

Bag Balm is awesome. People also use it in the dog world.

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • LOL at Bag Balm. I have been using it on my feet for years (trick taught to me by my mom). I haven't used on my nips though - hmmmmm...
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"