I am due in May 2013 and plan to go to Mount Sinai in New York City. I would like to have as little medication and intervention as possible. Can anyone who has given birth at Mount Sinai help provide any information on whether the hospital is good about respecting these choices and providing the resources necessary?
- Do they respect birth plans?
- Do they provide squat bars?
- Do the require IVs even if not using medication?
- Are fetal monitors long enough to stand up and walk around, etc.?
- Any experiences of being pressured to progress your labor faster (e.g. oxytocin/pitocin)?
- How good is Mount Sinai about supporting breast feeding after birth?
Thanks in advance for all your advice!Li