October 2012 Moms

severe breast pain!

I just posted this on BFing but thought I'd post here too since it's my home board.

DD slept 9.5 hours last night (as did I!) But I was engorged and it was very painful on the left side so I nursed her there.  I've nursed her twice now since 7:30 and it still is excruciatingly painful!! I don't have a temp and there are no streaks or anything it just hurts really bad.  It hurts not moving a little but as soon as you rub up against it or touch it in any way it hurts really really bad! I'm not feeling a lump or anything at this point.  the boob itself feels pretty floppy though I think she could feed off of it some more...I'm afraid to use the pump b/c it makes my boobs hurt (not nipples but boobs!)  I've also taken a long hot shower, tried massage...nothing if anything it's taken over half of the boobie!! Help!! Trying to find the LC number right now...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: severe breast pain!

• Try hand expression if you can't pump. Then assess the situation. Might be a clogged duct if it still hurts afterwards.

Happens to me when I sleep that long. I've now been getting up after 5 hrs to pump.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Agreed about the clogged duct. Try massaging the sore spot towards the nipple when DD nurses. Check this out:

https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/ 

IMG_0015

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Those are the same symptoms I had which ended up as mastitis. I would try using warm compresses throughout the day and keep emptying the breast that hurts. 
  • When I had mastitis I had the severe breast pain for about 12-14 hours before the fever spiked.  I never had any red streaks, either, so I wouldn't judge just by that.  If you start getting a fever at all I would call your doc to see about meds.
  • imagewinminpin08:
    When I had mastitis I had the severe breast pain for about 12-14 hours before the fever spiked.  I never had any red streaks, either, so I wouldn't judge just by that.  If you start getting a fever at all I would call your doc to see about meds.

This

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"