October 2012 Moms

Mastitis?

I don't feel any lumps, but I have localized bad pain and a fever. Felt extremely engorged last night. Relieved by nursing and pumping.

My obgyn is closed, so I'm headed to my gp. I'm afraid to let this go to the weekend.

If it is mastitis, any tips? And can I freeze milk from today or no?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Mastitis?

• When I had mastisis I never felt a lump. My breast was swollen and painful. I had a temp of 102 with chills. I did let it go a few days before getting antibiotics. It cleared up pretty quickly afterwards. Warm compresses really help.

• Thanks. I'll try that.

Going to enjoy this opportunity to nurse my sweet baby frequently and be grateful she is happy and healthy. Not feeling like feeling sorry for myself on a day like today.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image RVASC811:
    I don't feel any lumps, but I have localized bad pain and a fever. Felt extremely engorged last night. Relieved by nursing and pumping. My obgyn is closed, so I'm headed to my gp. I'm afraid to let this go to the weekend. If it is mastitis, any tips? And can I freeze milk from today or no?

Your milk is fine, they encourage you to continue feeding/pumping with the infection and while on medication. Making sure your breast is 'dry' after every feeding helps speed up the healing process.

image image

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards