October 2012 Moms

formula switch help

LO is being switched to Nutramigen due to problems he is having on Similac Sensitive. The doctor did not instruct me to do anything special, but I am reading in various places that you should mix the old formula with the new to ease the switch. Anyone have any experience with this?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies boots badge

Re: formula switch help

• If LO doesn't like the taste then you can do half and half. But the Nurse told me when I went from ebf to do just straight formula. Nutramagin is way easier to digest and it usually helps relieve their symptoms fast. Good luck, we are using Aluminum it's working out great! I have lots of enfamil checks that I'm looking to trade for some similac ones, let me know if your interested.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image txgrl715:
    If LO doesn't like the taste then you can do half and half. But the Nurse told me when I went from ebf to do just straight formula. Nutramagin is way easier to digest and it usually helps relieve their symptoms fast. Good luck, we are using Aluminum it's working out great! I have lots of enfamil checks that I'm looking to trade for some similac ones, let me know if your interested.

I've used all my Similac coupons, but if I get any I would be more than happy to PM you to trade. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Oct Angel Babies boots badge
  • image qt030603:
    LO is being switched to Nutramigen due to problems he is having on Similac Sensitive. The doctor did not instruct me to do anything special, but I am reading in various places that you should mix the old formula with the new to ease the switch. Anyone have any experience with this?

What problems is he having? I'm talking to my pedi about some we are experiencing next week and was just curious. I've thought about just going ahead and switching him to alimentum myself but was trying to wait it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I mixed when we put DD on nutramigen because I read its bitter/sour tasting. She had blood in her stool, tried eliminating dairy but decided it wasn't for me I was EP. I switched from BM though which is sweeter than formula. I started 1oz formula 2oz BM then increased formula by an ounce every 3 days. Good luck!