Crafty Moms

Ideas for using cards and gift sacks

From my baby shower I had lots of cards and gift sacks.  I cut out the cute pictures of phrases from the gift cards to use in the baby scrapbook.  Also I try to reuse gift sacks but sometimes they look a too beat up to use again so I cut out the pictures on those too and used them in the scrapbook.  And before you throw away a gift sack cut out the ribbon handles and save them for crafting.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ideas for using cards and gift sacks

• That's a great idea! 

My mom used to cut the pictures out from the fronts of Christmas cards and punch holes to use them as gift tags the following year (assuming there was no writing on the other side, of course).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Such a cute idea!  That's a fun way to use up the tons of bags and cards we receive, too.  

I suggest that next time you back your pictures with acid free paper (you can just back them or mat them) to give them a layer of protection from the chemicals in the bags.  That'll reduce the yellowing and deterioration of your photos over time.  They'll be fine for a while, but once your kids are older, they'll start breaking down and discoloring.  

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.