August 2011 Moms

Does this seem weird? Health related, NBR

DH had a mole on the back of his hand removed last week. Biopsy came back, it is benign, but the Dr. Didn't get all of it out, so he has to go back in to have more taken out. The Doctor wants to do IV conscious sedation to removed it. Similar to what you get when you have wisdom teeth removed. I think it's weird being that c sections and knee replacements, among many other surgeries, can be done with a nerve block or local anesthetic of some sort.

He just texted me that it's in an OR, so they should monitor his oxygen levels, which is my primary concern. It is SO annoying that I am a nurse, and DH refuses to let me go to Doctor visits with him. Any opinions?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Re: Does this seem weird? Health related, NBR

• Sil had a a few moles removed a couple months back. They wanted to get more of one spot out so she went back the next week. She was awake the entire time. She said it was painful and that she didn't expect it to be as bad as it was. I would also question it..but it could just be the doctors preference.

I don't really know..lol 

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• I have no idea what the norm would be, but I'm glad you guys at least know it's benign.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Could be really deep and they want the safety of an uncon. Non mobile child, pluss less trauma. I would do it personally, but I also have a ton of moles I wish we're removed when I was little. You could always get a second opinion if you are nervous.

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"