Trying to Get Pregnant

<<<UO Thursday>>>

I Disagree

Make 'em good, ladies! 

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .

Re: <<<UO Thursday>>>

• I side eye my sister inlaw who buys herself and her children EVERYTHING. (11, 13 and 6. All have iPhones, iPads, each have their own wii....) and she bought my DD 2 used movies for Christmas. I know this sounds so b!tchy. If that were all she could afford, or if she at least picked movies appropriate for DD (she is severely disabled and legally blind. She needs movies with lots of sounds/music) I would be BEYOND appreciative. It just irks me. We bust our butts buying/picking her kids gifts they would love.

Now that everyone is probably thinking I'm a rude b!tch...

ETA it's not the $... it's the thought, or lack of. And does a 6 year old need his own iPhone, Wii and iPad?!?

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    CLOMID: 4 rounds, 50mg + TI = BFN's. FEMARA: 1 round = no response
    12-24-2012 : Laparoscopy, Softball sized cyst/endo/scar tissue removed.
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.
    Cycle #15 - no meds, still have cysts, no follicles. Boo!
    Forced break. Continuous BCP for 6 weeks to give my jacked up ovaries a break.
    Cycle #16 actively trying (May/June): Femara, TI = BFN
    Cycle #17- #20 - Med/Treatment break, trying on our own = BFN's all around.
    Cycle #21 - Femara, MORE Femara, Ovidrel and a Christmas IUI = BFN
    MY BLOG -- About DD, TTC and everything in between!

• imageMrsM507:

I side eye my sister inlaw who buys herself and her children EVERYTHING. (11, 13 and 6. All have iPhones, iPads, each have their own wii....) and she bought my DD 2 used movies for Christmas. I know this sounds so b!tchy. If that were all she could afford, or if she at least picked movies appropriate for DD (she is severely disabled and legally blind. She needs movies with lots of sounds/music) I would be BEYOND appreciative. It just irks me. We bust our butts buying her kids gifts they would love.

ETA it's not the $... it's the thought, or lack of. And does a 6 year old need his own iPhone, Wii and iPad?!?

I dont think you are a b!tch at all...she could've made more of an effort for an appropriate gift for your DD...nevermind the cost. UGH 

TTC #1 since April 2012 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejefa621:
    Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is you" is the most horrible awful "Christmas" song ever and makes me want to put a candy cane through my eardrum when I hear it.

I'm with you on this one. It plays at least 3 times a day at work and it makes me want to scream!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married Since March 2011 TTC since July 2011 Medical issues finally sorted out May 2012
  • All the internet white knights we have had recently are bigger bitches than the snarky ladies.
    It's like they think thier rightousness makes them nice.
    Sorry, ladies, but being rude and mean in the quest for good morals, does not make you nice.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelorirachel:
    imageMrsM507:

I side eye my sister inlaw who buys herself and her children EVERYTHING. (11, 13 and 6. All have iPhones, iPads, each have their own wii....) and she bought my DD 2 used movies for Christmas. I know this sounds so b!tchy. If that were all she could afford, or if she at least picked movies appropriate for DD (she is severely disabled and legally blind. She needs movies with lots of sounds/music) I would be BEYOND appreciative. It just irks me. We bust our butts buying her kids gifts they would love.

I dont think you are a b!tch at all...she could've made more of an effort for an appropriate gift for your DD...nevermind the cost. UGH 

I think my bigger gripe is all the crap she buys her children... they don't appreciate ANYTHING because they are used to just getting whatever they want, whenever they want.

TTC#2 Since July 2011
    Me: 29, had two blocked tubes - left was cleared during lap, right was unable to be cleared. PCOS & Stage 2 Endo. DH: 32, SA = perfect
    Cycle #14 - Feb 2013 : 50mg clomid. Ovidrel Trigger. IUI on 2/14/13 = thin lining, multiple cysts.

• imageMrsM507:
    I side eye my sister inlaw who buys herself and her children EVERYTHING. 11, 13 and 6. All have iPhones, iPads, each have their own wii.... and she bought my DD 2 used movies for Christmas. I know this sounds so b!tchy. If that were all she could afford, or if she at least picked movies appropriate for DD she is severely disabled and legally blind. She needs movies with lots of sounds/music I would be BEYOND appreciative. It just irks me. We bust our butts buying her kids gifts they would love.Now that everyone is probably thinking I'm a rude b!tch... nbsp;ETA it's not the ... it's the thought, or lack of.

I don't think you are a b!tch for any of the above! What would happen if you made some gift suggestions to her for your daughter, is it a lost cause?

My UO... I hate when a smoker comes in from smoking and gets super close to me to tell me something and I can smell disgustingness just oozing out of their pores. The least they could do is spritz some body splash, grab a mint, and wash their hands.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • I don't know why, but it really irritates me when people put 'smh' at the end of a fb status. 
  • imageMrsM507:
    imageMrsM507:

I think my bigger gripe is all the crap she buys her children... they don't appreciate ANYTHING because they are used to just getting whatever they want, whenever they want.

Uh, you're complaining that she gifted your daughter with USED (oh, the humanity!) DVDs, and her children are somehow the unappreciative ones? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    imageMrsM507:
    imageMrsM507:

Uh, you're complaining that she gifted your daughter with USED (oh, the humanity!) DVDs, and her children are somehow the unappreciative ones? 

Yes I am. My daughter can't see what is going on in the movies. There are VERY FEW sounds... she knows my daughters disabilities and knows the things she can/can't use or enjoy. Guess that's the point of a UO.

ETA-I would happily take a used DVD if it were somewhat geared towards my daughters abilities.

TTC#2 Since July 2011

• I went to a Gap store for the first time ever recently. I wasn't overly impressed with it. I didn't try anything on so I can't comment on the fit of their clothing, but it all looked like Old Navy clothing but twice the price. Seriously Gap??
    image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJuneBug86:
    I went to a Gap store for the first time ever recently. I wasn't overly impressed with it. I didn't try anything on so I can't comment on the fit of their clothing, but it all looked like Old Navy clothing but twice the price. Seriously Gap??

Actually, it is the other way around. Old Navy is owned by The Gap. Old Navy is their more affordable brand.

• imageColeRose:

imageLexiCon28:
    I don't know why, but it really irritates me when people put 'smh' at the end of a fb status. 

I really dislike FML...really is life that bad because you got caught in traffic, spilled coffee, or something else trivial? Unless something awful is going on, I don't understand its use.

Yes! FML is #2 on my list! 

• My UO...
    I HATE Nutella.
    A LOT.

Also, I completely agree that 'smh' and 'fml' are not only annoying, but over used. 

Pregnancy%20ticker
  • imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    imageMrsM507:
    imageMrsM507:

I don't think her point was that they were used DVDs, but that it was an all together inappropriate gift for her daughter. She knew what the little girls disabilities were, and should've known that if she wanted to get her DVDs that they needed to be fun to listen to. Obviously a thoughtful person wouldn't get a legally blind child a DVD. That makes no sense to me.

Anniversary

• imagegardennymph:
    imageJuneBug86:
    I went to a Gap store for the first time ever recently. I wasn't overly impressed with it. I didn't try anything on so I can't comment on the fit of their clothing, but it all looked like Old Navy clothing but twice the price. Seriously Gap??
    Actually, it is the other way around. Old Navy is owned by The Gap. Old Navy is their more affordable brand.

I know they are owned by the same company. I guess I just wasn't making my UO clear. I was just saying that I wasn't impressed with the look of the clothing and I don't really get what the hype is all about. People in my area were all raving that a Gap store was finally opening and I was just not all that impressed with it, that's all. 

image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagegrahamlove:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    imageMrsM507:
    imageMrsM507:

I side eye my sister inlaw who buys herself and her children EVERYTHING. (11, 13 and 6. All have iPhones, iPads, each have their own wii....) and she bought my DD 2 used movies for Christmas.(...)

I don't think her point was that they were used DVDs, but that it was an all together inappropriate gift for her daughter. She knew what the little girls disabilities were, and should've known that if she wanted to get her DVDs that they needed to be fun to listen to. Obviously a thoughtful person wouldn't get a legally blind child a DVD. That makes no sense to me.

Wrong. The point was solely to complain that SIL buys expensive electronics for her own children but bought USED DVDs for OP's kid. If it were about the disability, SIL's kids wouldn't have even been mentioned. Nor would the fact that the DVDs were used. An iPad/Wii/iPhone are hardly personalized gifts, so it's not like it's about the time or consideration spent. It's about money, plain and simple.

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
  • imagegrahamlove:
    imageLollipopsAndCrisps:
    imageMrsM507:
    imageMrsM507:

Yes! It was kind of two separate complaints that morphed into one and shouldn't have. The inappropriate gift and the fact that I don't agree with small children having every piece of technology possible.
    TTC#2 Since July 2011

• imageSlapptastic:
    imageJuneBug86:

imagegardennymph:
    imageJuneBug86:

I know they are owned by the same company. I guess I just wasn't making my UO clear. I was just saying that I wasn't impressed with the look of the clothing and I don't really get what the hype is all about. People in my area were all raving that a Gap store was finally opening and I was just not all that impressed with it, that's all. 

I don't know if it's still true as I haven't shopped Gap in a while, but style and looks aside, Gap was a higher quality garment that lasted longer than Old Navy.

I think it started out that way. Now, I think it's just a way to make Gap clothes seem better. They are most likely made at the same factory.

• imageSlapptastic:
    imagegardennymph:
    imageSlapptastic:

I don't know if it's still true as I haven't shopped Gap in a while, but style and looks aside, Gap was a higher quality garment that lasted longer than Old Navy.

I think it started out that way. Now, I think it's just a way to make Gap clothes seem better. They are most likely made at the same factory.

Is Banana Republic still > than Gap quality...?

Honesty, I have no idea. BR stuff never fit me right.

• imagemishkaroni:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    I don't think we should have commercials wanting people to feed other countries' starving children. Do I feel bad for those kids? Yeah, but we need to take care of our own country's issues and residents before we send money to feed/build another country.
    Yes maybe i'm heartless, but having lived in the foster system, I have to agree. I know that adoption is easier through other countries, so celebrities say, but we have more than enough unwanted, hungry, abused children here that need love, a home, food...

Indifferent

And who should help these children? Nobody? It wasn't their fault that they were born in third-world countries... and people from their countries might not have the means to help.

We are so damn lucky to live in where we do. I'm all for helping people of my country, but I'm also all for trying to make the world a better place for everyone.

• I think it's tacky to turn a baby blog / family blog into a money making blog.
    When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • imageJuneBug86:

I don't buy my clothes there, but they have great stuff for babies/children! :)

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• imageSlapptastic:
    imagegardennymph:
    imageSlapptastic:

Is Banana Republic still > than Gap quality...?

Yes- BR is still much better than GAP. GAP products have gone WAY down hill from their hay day in the 90s. They just aren't made that well anymore.

Edit- The stuff for babies and children seems to be good quality but the adult clothes aren't as well made.

• I hate country music. Ick!

12.2011 SA = Normal

*Taking a break*  

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageMochadoodle:
    I hate country music. Ick!

Pfft, you don't know what's good for you :P

I love country.

DH is a fan of country music, but it drives me nuts! Haha.

12.2011 SA = Normal

*Taking a break*  

• I'm not sure if this is UO but I'm sick of hearing about how the world is going to end next week. My brother was over last night and kept saying and then this morning my daughter was doing her advent calendar and said, "Only 8 more days till we all die!" I was shocked and reminded her that the world isn't going to end and to stop talking like that. 
  • imageSlapptastic:

imageMochadoodle:
    I hate country music. Ick!

::high fives::

I grew up riding horses.  For some odd reason, everyone thinks that means that I must like country music.  I loathe it.  I effing love rock.

Ha ha- that is funny to me b/c my friends that grew up riding listened to hard core rap. The fouler the lyrics the better!

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageColeRose:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageColeRose:
    I'm not a toker, but I think pot should be legalized in every state and federally. And not just for medicinal purposes.

I disagree. But that is because my neighbors like to smoke it, and it comes into our house if we have the windows open. Awesome with an 18 month old around.

Same as my neighbor who smokes cigs next door to us...awesome in the summer. 

Hey, I hate cigarette smoke as well, but at least DD isn't getting a contact high from that. H just got b!tched at by the doctor's office for 3rd hand smoke on Tuesday.

Both are frustrating! 

Cig & cigar smoke can definitely damage a child's lungs. I haven't read any studies about marijuana and its impact on infant CNS system or lungs so I cannot speak to that, but I do study small cell lung cancer, and cig & cigar smoke are the prime culprits. 

Out of curiosity, how did the doc know the child was exposed to marijuana smoke? Was DD presenting with some sort of symptom?

Edit: was mobile bumping and just wanted to clarify 

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Mine is also facebook related..

People that post an album or a set of pictures and then individually share each one in an attempt to get more comments/likes. 

Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    imageEmeJay:

imagemishkaroni:
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    I don't think we should have commercials wanting people to feed other countries' starving children. Do I feel bad for those kids? Yeah, but we need to take care of our own country's issues and residents before we send money to feed/build another country.
    Yes maybe i'm heartless, but having lived in the foster system, I have to agree. I know that adoption is easier through other countries, so celebrities say, but we have more than enough unwanted, hungry, abused children here that need love, a home, food...

Indifferent

And who should help these children? Nobody? It wasn't their fault that they were born in third-world countries... and people from their countries might not have the means to help.

We are so damn lucky to live in where we do. I'm all for helping people of my country, but I'm also all for trying to make the world a better place for everyone.

Yes, we are lucky, and wanting to make the world a better place for everyone is a noble desire, but when it comes down to a Sophie's choice of sorts, I'd prefer to see my own country taken care of and the children in my neighborhood helped rather than a child that lives in Africa or Asia, or some other country. Who are we to help others if we can't even help ourselves?

ETA: and we have just as unlucky children born into our country who need the same sort of help that other children in a 3rd world country do (food, clothes, shelter, protection).

Why does it matter who is being helped?  What makes human beings who happen to live in our country superior and more deserving of a safe life?  If you want to donate money, time, ect. exclusively to domestic charities, go ahead.  But IMO to go as far to say that commercials should not be aired to raise awarness and assistance for people in need around the world is very closed minded.

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• I actually really like family newsletters and have sent one out the last two years. People don't like them just throw it away.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"