3rd Trimester

Idea's for Sibling Gifts

I know there have been many posts about this already- but what are some ideas for some sibling gifts? DD will be almost 4 and is an only child and the only grandchild and first girl for my i-laws so needless to say she's absolutely spoiled. And to add to that, My parents are divorced so she has three sets of grandparents that buy her anything and everything so I can't even come up with things to get her for Christmas. We are buying her clothes because there's nothing she doesn't have... 

So- with DS arriving a short time after Christmas (and her birthday is in June) I'm at a loss as to what to get for her... Suffice it to say as far as material possessions she's spoiled, and those things don't really matter to her anyway, she enjoys it for a brief time (like most kids) but that's about it.. 

I was thinking about maybe getting her a little jewelry box with her name on it- something she can use for a while. Thoughts? 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Idea's for Sibling Gifts

• I'm more of a sentimental gift giver so I think the jewelry box would be a great gift. Esp with her name engraved. Then maybe on the inside a charm bracelet with a big sis charm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS is almost 4, his b-day is right after Christmas, and like your DD, he wants for nothing thanks to very generous family. I'm making him or getting him (depends how I feel this weekend) a big brother shirt he can where to the hospital to meet DS2.

What DS1 really needs is time with DH or me, or the both of us, without DS2. Each month, DH or I will have a special activity/fun day with him. In March, we have tickets to go see Yo Gabba Gabba, and DS2 will stay home with a sitter. Maybe one month DS and I go to Pump It Up together or DH and DS go to the zoo together. Stuff like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What about her own big sister frame?
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got DD an Ergo carrier for her dolls. Might get her a Big Sister book too.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you plan to baby wear at all? If you do, you could get DD a wrap or carrier like yours so you two could be mommies together.

I also remember when my mom brought my baby bro home, I was 6, she made up a story about him picking the doll out by kicking his tiny foot at it. I remember thinking it was very cool that he picked out my gift.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love the idea of a special baby doll or accessories so that she can be a little mommy, too. I still have a doll crib with my name on it from when I was little. 

If you think she already has too many toys, you could do a special sweet treat for her.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the idea of a big sis t shirt or bracelet.  I would imagine that would make her feel so proud!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll be taking my son to a Build-A-Bear store to build him a special big brother bear.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • DS is getting a big brother shirt.  He's also, on a whim, getting a playmobil advent calendar.  It's not Christmas themed, just a play set.  He loved opening one each day last year so I thought it would be a fun thing for him to do this year, while I'm busy with a new babe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"