April 2013 Moms

::Unpopular Opinion Thursday::

Good Morning ladies! Let's hear them!
::TTC since June 2011 BFP #1 on 11/16/11, EDD 07/28/12, C/P 11/21/11 DX with PCOS 04/19/12::BFP#2 on 07/25/12, EDD 04/05/13::A/S 11/09/12, We're having a boy!::DS born 03/19/13::Surprise BFP#3 09/12/13, EDD ??/??/14::Confirmed C/P 09/23/13::BFP#4 04/24/14, EDD 12/28/14::A/S 08/14/14, We're having a boy!::
::MST3K::The Venture Brothers::Breaking Bad::Anything on Investigation Discovery::
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: ::Unpopular Opinion Thursday::

• I absolutely cannot stand the term "tummy time." It sounds so gimmicky. And honestly, unless you are ALWAYS cradling the baby or keeping him strapped to a bed all day long so he can't lift his head up, I'm almost positive neck muscles will develop normally (unless there is a medical reason that the baby needs specified treatment). If you hold them up on your chest and on your shoulder, guaranteed the baby will try and lift his head and look around. I really don't get the big deal, like mothers complaining "Omg my baby hates being on his tummy what do I do?" Uhm, you don't put him on his tummy. He'll be fine.

Also, I can't get behind the tradition of a "smash cake." I hate food messes in general, but especially when they can be prevented. I can't stand cleaning up messy, cold food, so would try to prevent it as much as possible to keep messes to a minimum.

This was turning into a huge long rant, so I'll just stop there. lol.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Since little man has started moving around enough to feel from the outside, I'm going to throw my opinion out there. From most of what I've read, it seems to be unpopular...

I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TOUCH MY BELLY!!! Yesterday after lunch I stood in the customer service dept of my work letting the 4 girls take turns feeling him.

I worked in the mall when I was pregnant with DD and people almost always asked before they touched, and I never said no! It doesn't bother me at all.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh thank goddess it's Thursday.

Unless they're sending me a righteous coupon or gift card, I don't want Christmas cards from vendors at work.  I really don't care that you all passed around the cards in a staff meeting to sign them. 

Nothing says "Merry Christmas, customer" like free stuff. Get on that, okay?

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • image mypalbabs:

Oh thank goddess it's Thursday.

Unless they're sending me a righteous coupon or gift card, I don't want Christmas cards from vendors at work.  I really don't care that you all passed around the cards in a staff meeting to sign them. 

So true.  I will go one step further and say that unless you are a) a close friend who encloses a personal message and/or b) your Christmas card contains a cute picture of your kids (fur babies do not count!), I don't want it.  What is the point of sending me a card that simply contains your signature and a pre-printed greeting?  They all go in the recycling bin on January 1.

my read shelf:
    Kerry's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Follow Me on Pinterest

• I also love when people touch my belly. Now touching my newborns...completely different story.

I am also very judgy when people, especially pregnant people, tell me "I didn't get my flu shot because I don't believe in them or they make me sick etc" I really don't want to care because it's ultimately your choice but I just can't help it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I know a lot of people find gender reveal cakes cheesy, or even tacky, but I don't care: I love that we're finding out the sex of our baby that way. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think fast food (ie: anything from McDonald's, BK, etc) is poisonous.

i'd rather starve to death than eat that ***. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • image TnArichmond:
    Since little man has started moving around enough to feel from the outside, I'm going to throw my opinion out there. From most of what I've read, it seems to be unpopular...
    I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TOUCH MY BELLY!!! Yesterday after lunch I stood in the customer service dept of my work letting the 4 girls take turns feeling him.
    I worked in the mall when I was pregnant with DD and people almost always asked before they touched, and I never said no! It doesn't bother me at all.

My UO was going to be very similar so I'll lump it in with yours. I love when people mention anything about me being pg. Whether it is asking to touch my belly or commenting on the size of my bump or saying I glow. I wish more people would. So far only my family and a few friends ever say anything, and most of them have only seen pictures. I can't wait for strangers to predict what I'm having or try to touch my belly. Right now I wouldn't even care if they did it in a slightly rude or insensitive way.

• image Fremdschamen:
    image mypalbabs:

So true.  I will go one step further and say that unless you are a) a close friend who encloses a personal message and/or b) your Christmas card contains a cute picture of your kids (fur babies do not count!), I don't want it.  What is the point of sending me a card that simply contains your signature and a pre-printed greeting?  They all go in the recycling bin on January 1.

Oh I hate it when people just sign a card. What's the point. MH does this. We met in November and he did send me a xmas card, but it didn't even have my name in it. I still give him a hard time about it, but he doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with it.

• image randomnames:
    image TnArichmond:
    Since little man has started moving around enough to feel from the outside, I'm going to throw my opinion out there. From most of what I've read, it seems to be unpopular... I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TOUCH MY BELLY!!! Yesterday after lunch I stood in the customer service dept of my work letting the 4 girls take turns feeling him. I worked in the mall when I was pregnant with DD and people almost always asked before they touched, and I never said no! It doesn't bother me at all.
    My UO was going to be very similar so I'll lump it in with yours. I love when people mention anything about me being pg. Whether it is asking to touch my belly or commenting on the size of my bump or saying I glow. I wish more people would. So far only my family and a few friends ever say anything, and most of them have only seen pictures. I can't wait for strangers to predict what I'm having or try to touch my belly. Right now I wouldn't even care if they did it in a slightly rude or insensitive way.

I have to also agree with this UO, still UO because I know the majority of ladies here hate it. If you want to touch? Go for it. Want to tell me how huge I look already? Please do, because I AM huge and I will laugh right along. This is a momentous time in my life and if you are wondering how I feel, or how I'm doing, I appreciate it.

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was a much better parent before I had a real in person baby.
  • image skidderdo:

I think fast food (ie: anything from McDonald's, BK, etc) is poisonous.

I'm with you on this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image mollyskywalker:
    image skidderdo:

I think fast food (ie: anything from McDonald's, BK, etc) is poisonous.

I'm with you on this. 

Me three. I'll do fresh stuff from Panera, Jimmy John's or Chipotle, but generally the thought of that meat and sodium makes my stomach turn! 

TTGP Sept Sig Challenge: Teen Crush - Seth Meyers as Kenny in Can't Hardly Wait
    Anniversary

Baby Cheesecake - Natural birth with Pre-E April 17, 2013, breastfeedin', baby-wearin' and cloth diaperin' ever since!
    TTC #2
  • image letranger:
    I was a much better parent before I had a real in person baby.

LOL! I have a feeling this will be me too- it's easy for me to know the "right" thing for my bro (who has 5 kids) to do right now. DH says all the time that we will be totally humbled and taught that we don't know anything about anything pretty quick!

• image randomnames:
    image Fremdschamen:
    image mypalbabs:

Oh I hate it when people just sign a card. What's the point. MH does this. We met in November and he did send me a xmas card, but it didn't even have my name in it. I still give him a hard time about it, but he doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with it.

I agree that signing your name in a card is pointless, but I also think that even cards that have pics of your kids on them are kind of pointless too.  Don't get me wrong, I've done them in the past and I am irritated with myself that we have not gotten our family pics taken yet and therefor not gotten Christmas cards made to send out, BUT, the vast majority of the people you send them to, know what you & your kids look like.  Even family in other states most likely see updated pictures regularly on FB, so I'd bet most people only have about 5 people tops who aren't on FB *and* live out of state so seeing an updated picture each year might actually serve a purpose.  

So I'm wondering why I/we even bother with it.  It's just a pain in the ass task to do amidst the holiday chaos to AW yourself and family.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• image letranger:
    I was a much better parent before I had a real in person baby.

So true. And anyone who says differently is lying.

Mine: I will be having two showers for my second baby even though DD is only 14 months old. I am super excited about them both and I am not ashamed to say it. I don't care if people think it's tacky. How can I say no to people who want to celebrate my DS? There will be way fewer people invited this time though, sticking to close friends and family members only. 

Collage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• My UO(s):

1. I think that Groupons, Living Social deals etc are becoming less and less worth any discount I might get when I'm having to delete 5+ emails every day from those sites/services.

2.  I hate when people post on FB that they, or their kids are sick.  I would have had sympathy for you if it had it just come out in a conversation... but posting a status, solely to let everyone know that you/your kid is sick is being a drama queen asking for sympathy.  Being sick sucks I know, but it's life, it happens, and if it's not anything serious, I scroll past your status and roll my eyes.  

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• I am in full support of single moms. Rock on, strong ladies! My MIL was a single mom for over 13 years and is one of the best moms I have ever met. I understand it has its difficulties, and some people need to vent about how overwhelming it is.

However, when you CHOOSE to be a single mom and are thoroughly unprepared, don't FISH for sympathy every time someone talks to you about your pregnancy-- ESPECIALLY when it's to the same people to whom you tossed around the ideas of abortion and adoption.

This was brought on by a coworker who dumped her boyfriend immediately after finding out she was pregnant and chose to keep her baby. Now she throws in the "but I'm doing it on my own, so..." into EVERY conversation regarding baby. To me, it almost feels like she is fishing for bigger shower gifts because she is single.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • If your on an effin diet or a vegetarian don't preach to me about what I'm eating.

• image tondraluv:
    If your on an effin diet or a vegetarian don't preach to me about what I'm eating.

How about the converse... don't look at a health-conscious person's food and say, "I choose to live life and ENJOY my food," or "I love myself too much to deprive myself." 

Both sets of critiques are equally annoying. -_-

Mind your own darn business and let me eat my lunch in peace-- I don't care if it's a bag of Doritos or a kale-quinoa salad with hemp seeds. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would rather have actual chocolate than the chocolate diamonds depicted in the jewelry store commercials on tv. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image rayofsunshine99:

2.  I hate when people post on FB that they, or their kids are sick.  I would have had sympathy for you if it had it just come out in a conversation... but posting a status, solely to let everyone know that you/your kid is sick is being a drama queen asking for sympathy.  Being sick sucks I know, but it's life, it happens, and if it's not anything serious, I scroll past your status and roll my eyes.   

Same goes for comments about being tired. We are ALL effing tired! Suck it up, have a cup of coffee and get over it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • image Murraydog:
    I would rather have actual chocolate than the chocolate diamonds depicted in the jewelry store commercials on tv. 

This is a good one- chocolate diamonds are all hype. Before you want or buy one- watch "Beautiful Girls." ;)

• image minxyglams:
    Totally agree.

With?

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• Oh I have another one. 

I think that it's kind of silly (for a man) to spend a bunch of money on a diamond engagement and/or wedding ring.   My ring isn't huge or super expensive by any means, but even the ~$2,000 that was spent on it... I would have rather put that money toward the wedding or our honeymoon, and had a fake diamond in my ring.  It looks the same, costs way less, still fulfills the same purpose and wouldn't cause a major heart attack should anything ever happen to it.

ETA clarity

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• I dislike Facebook.  I have never had it and have not had any desire to sign up.  I just don't understand how people can put every little thing they do on it, thinking people want to know.  I guess I just don't think people care so much about what I am doing on a daily basis.  And I hate when I'm out with friends they will put this info out there.  I am just a private person and if I want you to know something about me, I will tell you.

This has just come up more since I got pregnant as people are telling me that I now "Need" to get an account so that I can put baby pictures up.  No, if I want you to have them then I will text or email them to you. But this is just me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • image lovelyday39:

image Murraydog:
    I would rather have actual chocolate than the chocolate diamonds depicted in the jewelry store commercials on tv. 

This is a good one- chocolate diamonds are all hype. Before you want or buy one- watch "Beautiful Girls." ;)

Hahahaha.

"THe diamond is brown."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image rayofsunshine99:

Oh I have another one. 

I think that it's kind of silly (for a man) to spend a bunch of money on a diamond engagement and/or wedding ring.   My ring isn't huge or super expensive by any means, but even the ~$2,000 that went toward it... I would have rather put that money toward the wedding or our honeymoon, and had a fake diamond in my ring.  It looks the same, costs way less, still fulfills the same purpose and wouldn't cause a major heart attack should anything ever happen to it.

I feel the same way. DH and I have simple gold bands. No engagement ring here. I get compliments on my simple ring all the time. Maybe they are patronizing, and I just don't pick up on it, but I love my ring. Maybe I'll upgrade to a simple, classy anniversary band at our 10-year.

• In dislike the term Man Cave. It makes me cringe. Like men need their own mini frat house in the basement because women hate football and beer. It irritates me when i watch the home shows on TLC and the man always needs the Man Cave and the woman get the Big Closet. Yeah, because the size of a closet is what would make or break a home purchase for me.

BFP #1 4/10/12, lost at 8 weeks.
    BFP #2 EDD 4/18/13. Its a Boy!