August 2011 Moms

Potty Training Suggestions

We started potty training our LO early and she's been doing excellent!  She tells us when she has to go for the past 2 months including sometimes when she's sleeping.  Oddly enough we hadn't switched her to pull ups yet and now I'm kicking myself.  All of a sudden for the past week when she's at school she won't tell her teachers when she has to go.  This past weekend she did the same thing at home. 

Any suggestions on what to do next?  Any pull-ups you recommend more than others?  Do you suggest the whole nude around the house method?

Re: Potty Training Suggestions

• How old is your LO?  

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 16m on the 16th...
  • Loading the player...
  • I went with the 3 day nekked PT method with DS1. 

I would recommend reading up on it and seeing if that method might work for you.

We just got a bag of mini marshmallows as rewards and then pumped him full of water while having the potty immediately available to him at all times.  With each success we praised to high heaven and gave marshmallows.  He was PT'd before his 2nd birthday.

Good luck!! :)  

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• imageJaysonandKristin:

I went with the 3 day nekked PT method with DS1. 

I would recommend reading up on it and seeing if that method might work for you.

We just got a bag of mini marshmallows as rewards and then pumped him full of water while having the potty immediately available to him at all times.  With each success we praised to high heaven and gave marshmallows.  He was PT'd before his 2nd birthday.

Good luck!! :)  

I've heard of this...how old was he when you started? How long did it take? I have a friend who had really good success with her son PTing really early. So far when DD pees on the floor after bathtime she just tries to play in it. I honestly haven't even thought about potty training yet.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We started when he was 18 months old.  He was out of dipes (we CD) by 19 months.  We still used dipes overnight until he was 2 years 3 months.  He rarely peed overnight, but most of the time he ends up in our bed in the MOTN and that's the LAST place I want him to have an accident.
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• I haven't ever potty trained my own but we will start very soon. I'm currently helping PT nanny baby who just turned 2. What has helped with him is offering marsh mellows while he potties. He has caught on in a matter of days. I did notice the days when we did Pull-Ups he wouldn't worry about going to the potty because he knew there was room for an accident. On days that he is in undies he likes to go to the potty without a fuss. I think we will tackle pt with Lj wuth the nude approach.

Olivia June BFP 12/26/10 EDD 09/01/11 Birthday 08/02/11

BFP 12/25/12 EDD 09/06/13 M/C, 01/02/13

BFP 01/28/13 EDD 10/08/13 STICK BABY!

Pregnancy Ticker

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12

• Good luck!

We did the 3 day method as well...went neekkies and gave him popcicles, juice and water so he peed every 20 seconds. He got it pretty quickly. That was right before he was 2. But, then it took a long time to be totally PT. His baby brother was born and he went to daily poopy accidents (not fun) but never has really had pee accidents.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks JaysonandKristin!  I think we are going to try it...I am hoping that since my DD has been doing so well for so long we won't have many obstacles.I think the diapers are just hindering the process.

Another question I have for you is what you suggest doing about underwear?  She is in 12m-18m clothing.  I've only seen undies starting at 2t...you know of anything smaller and where to get it from?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"