July 2013 Moms

Unclear u/s prayer appreciated

I just had my first u/s, and the tech said I only measured at 6 weeks, and I should be measuring at 8 weeks. I'm pretty upset right now as I don't see how that would be possible, and it's hard to hope when those circumstances are there. Any thoughts or advice for this situation to set my mind at ease?
BFP #1-11/14/12 Missed M/C at 10 weeks D&C 12/24/12 Hopeful for rainbow baby in 2013! Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Unclear u/s prayer appreciated

• What date did you get your first positive pregnancy test? Was a heartbeat visible yet? What is the date of you last period?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • is there any way you dated it wrong, maybe ovulated later? I am so sorry. ((hugs))

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending T&P's.  Are you absolutely sure of your dates?  Could you be off some from when you thought you ovulated?

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Did you chart the month you conceived?  It's possible you would have ovulated late, so your date based on your last menstral cycle may be 8 weeks, but your actual ovulation may have not been the perfect 14 days after that as most doctors assume.

I did not chart this cycle, however when I did chart years ago I would sometimes not ovulate until CD 19 or 20 which is 4-5 days past when most doctors will assume you did, which would put the baby almost a full week off.  Also at this point my doctor told me that your u/s results can be off as much as a whole week.  So, if both of these things are happening with you, it's possible that the baby could be measuring 6 weeks and you are still technically 8 weeks based on your last period.  Does that all make sense?

Did you hear or see the heartbeat?  Did the person doing the u/s tell you what the heart rate was?  Did they seem concerned at all? 

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• I'd also like to share the ultrasound experience I had today in hopes that it may make you feel better... According to my fertility charting, I should be 8 weeks 2 days... The tech originally measured me at 7 weeks 2 days. I told her this wasn't possible and she spent a while longer measuring until the baby stretched out more and showed 8 weeks exactly. I tell you all this to say, she was oringally off by almost a week! If I hadn't said something, she may have just stuck with that first measurement. Because of this I think it's possible that she may have been slightly off with yours. Combine this with the fact that you may have ovulated later than you think and you could be totally fine!
  • At my first u/s I thought I should have been 8 weeks but only measured 6 weeks. My cycles are always off so I knew it was very possible that I ovulated way later. My second u/s 2 weeks later I measured at 7w5 days I was concerned by it being two days off but she said it was totally fine. Did you hear a heart beat?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • She didn't bother looking for a heartbeat because it was so small. My LMP was October 14th, I tested positive with one of those ultra sensitive dip sticks on November 14th. My cycles are approx 31 days long. I don't know when I ovulate at all. I called the doc's office immediately after, and they said I could have ovulated late but I just don't see how I could test positive if I conceived 4 or 5 days before I tested, if that is in fact, correct. Doc's office said they will call me tomorrow to let me know next steps. I'm guessing bloodwork will be ordered as they haven't tested hcg levels yet.
    BFP #1-11/14/12 Missed M/C at 10 weeks D&C 12/24/12 Hopeful for rainbow baby in 2013! Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Don't worry just yet!  There are lots of reasons that the baby could have measured small including tech error.  It happens all the time!  This is kind of why I want to avoid most u/s, I think they can cause more stress than good.  Let your doctor take it from here and keep us updated on what happens!  In the meantime, try not to stress!  Even with 31 day cycles it doesn't mean you ovulated at the normal time this cycle (or any cycle, really!).

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• I don't really have anything else to add to what everyone else has said, but FX that you just ovulated later.  ((hugs))
  • Hoping that your dates are just a little off and all is well! FX for you!
  • imagejoellenalyssa:
    She didn't bother looking for a heartbeat because it was so small. My LMP was October 14th, I tested positive with one of those ultra sensitive dip sticks on November 14th. My cycles are approx 31 days long. I don't know when I ovulate at all. I called the doc's office immediately after, and they said I could have ovulated late but I just don't see how I could test positive if I conceived 4 or 5 days before I tested, if that is in fact, correct. Doc's office said they will call me tomorrow to let me know next steps. I'm guessing bloodwork will be ordered as they haven't tested hcg levels yet.
    Oh wow. How awful to be in such limbo. Don't count yourself out just yet. She REALLY should have looked for a heartbeat. They will probably call you back in a few days or a week to take another look. On the chance that you are earlier than expected, the HB would be visable next week. I know it's terrifying, and hope can be heartbreaking, but please try to remain positive. Best of luck!!

Anniversary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC/BFP/FF details in bio

• imagejoellenalyssa:
    My LMP was October 14th, I tested positive with one of those ultra sensitive dip sticks on November 14th.

FWIW, I got a BFP on November 13 and I'm only 7 weeks along.  (I was charting so I know when I O'ed within a day or two).  Throw in a little bit of tech error and you could easily have measured in the 6 weeks.  Good luck, and FX that everything is ok.

~ BFP #1: 10/6/12, CP 10/18/12 @ 5w0d. ~
    ~ BFP #2: 11/13/12. EDD 7/25/13. ~
    ~ It's a BOY! Grow little guy, grow! ~ BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I M/C in may and got pregnant again in June. I thought i was two weeks ahead and measured two weeks behind. its all more based on when you ovulate not really when your period was. 

you are in my thoughts. 

BabyName Ticker Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this stress.  The same thing happened to me during my last pregnancy, and I wracked my brain researching and trying to figure everything out.  When it happened to me my doctor had me come back in two weeks to check for growth.  The good news is dates are off all the time for a number of reasons.  You may have ovulated late in your cycle, as other people have said, which is very common.  Also, if you had a tech measuring it's quite possible there was some error there.  Additionally,  I've read that the baby sometimes can "catch up" in growth by the next visit.  I know it's impossible to do, but try to stay busy until your doctor can see you again.  Thoughts and prayers are with you!

• Try to keep some hope.  This was me to the T.  My last period was the first week of October and I had sex on 11/5 thinking I was safe because it had been so long and I thought I would get my period any day.  Instead on 11/13 after a lot of hormonal symptoms, I got a BFP.  It is possible.  Hopefully, you will see the dr and they will be able to see what they need to see.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had the exact same thing happen. I went in at what they thought was 8 weeks and they said I was only 6 weeks. I went back a week later and (as I had a feeling) they moved me back up (sort of) to 7 weeks 3 days. I have an irregular period and ovulation which prob explains it. STAY POSITIVE I'm sure it will be just fine. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"