1st Trimester

Hey, amarissa85 here's your DD

I guess you thought you could just delete it and it would go away. It doesn't always work that way.

image amarissa85:I know it is WAY early to be thinking about this but the question is already in my mind about where to register. Since we are not going to find out the gender of the baby it is going to be a bit difficult to find some gender neutral things in the store, I checked target and babies r us which is where I think we will register but the problem is most of the good gender neutral stuff is online only. If I did that do you think it would have a good turnout. I mean we are both military and we don't live near family anyway but was just wondering maybe if we had some things on the list that were online only people may not get them. What do you think? I don't know how most people baby shower shop now a days.

BabyName Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Hey, amarissa85 here's your DD

• I'm not sure why this even matters.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't worry, Santa will bring you everything that you and your little baby need.  Just sit on my lap for a bit first.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • What did people say that caused her to DD?
    January 2013 Moms - February Siggy Challenge - My Valentine
    Anniversary
  • image Raeily:
    What did people say that caused her to DD?

Yea, i think i missed it too.
    The OP doesnt seem so bad. Wonder what went down.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:
    Yea, i think i missed it too. The OP doesnt seem so bad. Wonder what went down.

My thoughts exactly... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image emolm:
    I'm not sure why this even matters.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • image emolm:

Ditto that. 

• Cmon bliss.... Was this necessary???
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • image SLSeibert1:

image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

They (or really just Bliss) called her gift grabby & Pregzilla for strategizing the best way to do her registry at such an early stage. 

BFP#1: 7/19/12 EDD: 03/15/2012 M/C: 7/28/12 - I love you always, Lily!
    BFP #2: 10/28/12 EDD: 07/09/13 

My beautiful little rainbow baby girl born July 16th, 2013.
  • image mystererae:
    image SLSeibert1:

image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

They (or really just Bliss) called her gift grabby & Pregzilla for strategizing the best way to do her registry at such an early stage. 

I must be pregzilla 1000. I have my registry pretty much complete (at least until I know the gender) on Amazon. Right now it's private, and I'll make it public in the later months. I can say though, it feels pretty nice having some of that stuff already planned out and taken care of. It's especially nice when MIL starts talking about wanting to get me baby things for Christmas, and I can refer to my list and find out what I could have now to get set up! Really, not a bad idea to think ahead.  

• I think this is against TB's TOS now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image mystererae:
    image SLSeibert1:

image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

For her third baby shower.  

What went down was when she didn't like my post she flipped her shizz like a cuckoo.  A couple of posters told her to calm the F down.  I guess she didn't want anyone to see her true nature and DD'ed to hide it.   

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • image RussianMommy:
    Cmon bliss.... Was this necessary???

If you had seen the reply she posted to me, you would know that it was.  She freaked the f'cuk out, called me a f'uckingidiot for posting my opinion that it was too early for her to be worried about a registry at 4 weeks pregnant.  

Russian, you know me well enough to know that I have thick enough skin that when I have an opinion, I own it, whether anyone agrees or not.   You've also been here long enough to know that DDs are bad form and when you do it, you're going to get called out.

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • image Bliss+Berry:

image RussianMommy:

If you had seen the reply she posted to me, you would know that it was.  She freaked the f'cuk out, called me a f'uckingidiot for posting my opinion that it was too early for her to be worried about a registry at 4 weeks pregnant.  

Yeah, because you said "I feel sorry for the hostess if such a person exists, this post has Pregzilla written all over it" and also told her to calm down because she'd only been pregnant for "one minute".  

• image mystererae:
    image Bliss+Berry:

image RussianMommy:

Yeah, because you said "I feel sorry for the hostess if such a person exists, this post has Pregzilla written all over it" and also told her to calm down because she'd only been pregnant for "one minute".  

I just think it's telling when you're biggest concern seems to be your registry, your shower, and what kind of gifts you are going to get when you are 4 weeks pregnant (with your third kid).  Who worries about shower turnout and gifts at 4 weeks pregnant?  

Let's face it, she was pissed because I hit the nail on the head. 

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • image Bliss+Berry:
    I just think it's telling when you're biggest concern seems to be your registry, your shower, and what kind of gifts you are going to get when you are 4 weeks pregnant (with your third kid).  Who worries about shower turnout and gifts at 4 weeks pregnant?  

Let's face it, she was pissed because I hit the nail on the head. 

I think your point was valid, but that you were unnecessarily harsh toward her. Besides, that was the biggest concern she expressed in her post.. probably not her biggest concern overall, kwim?  

• The post seems innocuous, what's the big deal?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I dd my post bc I thought the drama was childish I am not nor have I ever been gift grabby I barely had a shower for my first and I didn't plan one at all for my second. This is me and my husbands first child together so we are excited about everything including planning. I thought your post was rude hence the reason I got defensive as was within my rights. Everyone has their opinion however just as I have been preggers for "all of a minute" you have known me all of about the same so you don't know me well enough to make those assumptions I have other very large concerns which are not an issue now but will be later my post was a means to get ideas and is one of my last concerns...I got mad not because you "hit the nail on the head" but because you know nothing about me and read 1 post and thought you knew so much to make such a rude statement. Moving on now.
    imageimageimageimage

• image amarissa85:
    I dd my post bc I thought the drama was childish I am not nor have I ever been gift grabby I barely had a shower for my first and I didn't plan one at all for my second. This is me and my husbands first child together so we are excited about everything including planning. I thought your post was rude hence the reason I got defensive as was within my rights. Everyone has their opinion however just as I have been preggers for "all of a minute" you have known me all of about the same so you don't know me well enough to make those assumptions I have other very large concerns which are not an issue now but will be later my post was a means to get ideas and is one of my last concerns...I got mad not because you "hit the nail on the head" but because you know nothing about me and read 1 post and thought you knew so much to make such a rude statement. Moving on now.

This is a public message board, not everyone is going to agree with you all of the time.  If you are going to get upset every time that happens, this is probably not the best place for you.  Furthermore, if you're going to delete your posts every time someone posts something you don't like, chances are other posters here are going to recognize it and ignore your posts.  It's considered bad form to DD, when people have taken the time to respond to you. It's annoying and someone almost always notices and posts about it.  

Also, FWIW, you aren't supposed to plan your own shower, regardless of whether it's your first or fifth kid.   

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • image amarissa85:
    I dd my post bc I thought the drama was childish I am not nor have I ever been gift grabby I barely had a shower for my first and I didn't plan one at all for my second. This is me and my husbands first child together so we are excited about everything including planning. I thought your post was rude hence the reason I got defensive as was within my rights. Everyone has their opinion however just as I have been preggers for "all of a minute" you have known me all of about the same so you don't know me well enough to make those assumptions I have other very large concerns which are not an issue now but will be later my post was a means to get ideas and is one of my last concerns...I got mad not because you "hit the nail on the head" but because you know nothing about me and read 1 post and thought you knew so much to make such a rude statement. Moving on now.

You should have just left it instead of DDing though. Its more childish to flip the F out and delete than just to leave it. Yes, Bliss was somewhat harsh but she had a valid point. Its bad netiquette to delete just because you don't like the responses.  

imageimage

July 2013 BMB
    February Siggy Challenge:
    Things that turn me on:
    Coffee, Men in Suits, and Satin Sheets
  • I wasn't planning my shower just the registry and I know everyone isn't going to agree however there is such a thing as tact if you'd merely asked why I was so worried about that so early I would have been a lot more receptive but you flat out bashed me was I irritated yes but I think quite a few would be when approached in that manner. 
    imageimageimageimage

• image amarissa85:

Does your keyboard have a period or comma key?  

Food Blog

DS1: BFP: 4/4/2011 | EDD: 12/2/2011 | Born 11/21/2011
    DS2: BFP: 2/23/13 | EDD: 10/26/13 | We said goodbye: 6/2/13 (19w1d) due to pPROM

• image amarissa85:
    I wasn't planning my shower just the registry and I know everyone isn't going to agree however there is such a thing as tact if you'd merely asked why I was so worried about that so early I would have been a lot more receptive but you flat out bashed me was I irritated yes but I think quite a few would be when approached in that manner. 

I'll admit to being a little harsh, but I didn't come any where close to flat out bashing you.  If that's the way you saw it, you aren't going to do well here and are going to end up with a serious case of the butthurts.  Seriously, you're going to need some thicker skin. 

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • "I feel sorry for the hostess if such a person exists"

Thats really really mean to say.

I get that deleting a post is bad, according to the post police any way, but the things some woman say on hear are just mean and basically cyber bullying.
    People dont want their kids acting this way towards other kids but grown women on here are bullying each other a lot of the time.

I know im going to get targeted now for being a "white knight".

Bliss youve never been mean to me. Not that i can recall at least. Im not targeting you and i have nothing personal against you. That was just a really hard line to read in all of these posts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image Bliss+Berry:
    image mystererae:
    image SLSeibert1:

image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

What went down was when she didn't like my post she flipped her shizz like a cuckoo.  A couple of posters told her to calm the F down.  I guess she didn't want anyone to see her true nature and DD'ed to hide it.   

Seems unnecessary to repost the deleted post.  Honestly, I think it's just weird that you even cared that much to do it. 

• image CitrusSwallowtail:
    image Bliss+Berry:
    image mystererae:
    image SLSeibert1:

image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

Seems unnecessary to repost the deleted post.  Honestly, I think it's just weird that you even cared that much to do it. 

It just happened that I had quoted her and it was on my clip board.  Thanks for chiming in with your irrelevant and pointless thoughts though.   

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • image CitrusSwallowtail:
    image Bliss+Berry:
    image mystererae:
    image SLSeibert1:

image CarolynL8:
    image Raeily:

My thoughts exactly... 

Yes This exactly. I think the OP was kinda greedy sounding. I mean who's thinking about a shower for their third kid when they're 4 weeks pregnant??? But still..

And Bliss -- why are you even on the 1st Tri board??? Semms to me like you need a hobby or job or something.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image monaclemere:

And Bliss -- why are you even on the 1st Tri board??? Semms to me like you need a hobby or job or something.

Oh, are you the board police here?  I think you'll find there are a lot of posters who are not in the 1st Tri who post here.  It is a public forum and I have been in the first tri, so sometimes I post here.  I also post in 2nd tri and 3rd.  Are people who are planning baby showers and naming babies the only ones allowed to post on those boards?  Maybe you should go over there and inform those boards.  I'm sure it will go over real well. Please, oh wise one with your 73 posts, explain to me how this works.  Oh, and while you're at it, fuuckoff.

BabyName Ticker

imageimage
  • image Bliss+Berry:
    image monaclemere:

Oh, are you the board police here?  I think you'll find there are a lot of posters who are not in the 1st Tri who post here.  It is a public forum and I have been in the first tri, so sometimes I post here.  I also post in 2nd tri and 3rd.  Are people who are planning baby showers and naming babies the only ones allowed to post on those boards?  Maybe you should go over there and inform those boards.  I'm sure it will go over real well. Please, oh wise one with your 73 posts, explain to me how this works.  Oh, and while you're at it, fuuckoff.

Geez, you're quick with the "f" word aren't you? I agree with one of the PPs honestly, you're kind of a bully and I just noticed you're... not even in 1st Tri! It must be nice to have tons of time to just lurk on this board, calling all of us out for our silly behavior and posts.

OP, I didn't think your post was that bad and sorry you received a less than hospitable response. 

• image BC&LM:
    image emolm:
    I was thinking the same thing.

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Mom to 4, pregnant with 2