March 2013 Moms
Options

swollen feet

are anyone else's feet incredibly swollen? i feel like i walk 5 steps and they puff back up. 

i am sitting with my feet up under my desk and drinking a ton of water. I read earlier to get some lemons and add that to my water. my DH just went out to get a dozen lemons haha! 

anyone else have any tips? 

Re: swollen feet

• Options
    be careful with swelling. If it gets really bad talk to your dr

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am already swelling a bit. My doc has given me the following guidelines...remember I have BP problems also!

First, take my BP. Then put my feet as high as possible. Increase fluids.

If the swelling goes down with these steps I am ok not to call. However, if the swelling rises above my ankles or I cannot get it to go down after 30 to 45 min afterand proping then iI sould let themyou know. 45the
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was swelling a little bit a couple of weeks ago after I had been traveling.  I elevated my feet pretty high up both in the morning and at night for like 10 minutes.  I did this for about a week and haven't really had any problems since. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you limit not only your sodium intake but also your sugar intake along with drinking the water it should help. I purchased some socks from the running room that have a bit of compression to wear to work and all this has worked like a charm!
  • Options
    imageashleyfrylund:
    I purchased some socks from the running room that have a bit of compression to wear to work and all this has worked like a charm!

I wear my compression socks I have for wearing after long runs when I get home from work at night...they've been a lifesaver! That, and elevating my feet at night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Compression socks have totally worked for me. I can almost make out my ankles again!

I got dr scholls Knee high dress compression socks from walmart for about 10 bucks. One in black and one nude. Worth every penny.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Oh but yah pls do discuss with your dr. Excessive swelling could be a sign of a problem.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"