February 2013 Moms

Crib Mattress

I wasn't going to get a new crib mattress for this baby, but then a friend offered to throw a shower so I created a registry with a few things on it.  And then there were complaints that I didn't have enough on it.

So...I'm thinking I'll add a crib mattress.  Has anyone done any substantial research on mattresses that could offer a suggestion?

We have a  decent crib mattress from one of the big three (Serta, Sealy, or Simmons, I can't remember) that has both a baby and a toddler size, so I would be looking for something similar...though I don't want to add an outrageously expensive item to my registry.

Thanks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Crib Mattress

• Serta Perfect Dream Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress is nice and $90. 

Sealy Precious Rest Crib & Toddler Mattress is $80

I want to say we have the Serta but it's been 2 yrs so don't hold me to that LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How many items do you have in your registry? I have 60, and will probably only have 1015 people at my shower and still people are telling me I don't have enough. My fried was told she had too much, everyone has an opinion on how much should be on a registry. I think of the registry of a wish list, our guests don't have to buy from it and I listed things I need not just a bunch of stuff to meet a certain number of items. I you feel like you need more items and a crib mattress is sown thing you would like to replace then go ahead and add it. If you don't really need one, could you add some smaller items like lotions or dipes?

I guess if you feel like you need more items you can add stuff then return it later and get items you actually need.

• Loading the player...
  • imagea13049:
    How many items do you have in your registry? I have 60, and will probably only have 1015 people at my shower and still people are telling me I don't have enough. My fried was told she had too much, everyone has an opinion on how much should be on a registry. I think of the registry of a wish list, our guests don't have to buy from it and I listed things I need not just a bunch of stuff to meet a certain number of items. I you feel like you need more items and a crib mattress is sown thing you would like to replace then go ahead and add it. If you don't really need one, could you add some smaller items like lotions or dipes? I guess if you feel like you need more items you can add stuff then return it later and get items you actually need.

I have 33 items on my registry, and most of it is stuff like onesies, pacifiers, wash cloths, a bath thermometer, lotion, etc.  Aside from a Bumbo, a car seat cover, and a diaper bag, not much is very substantial, so I think adding a mattress would be okay.  We've bought a lot of what we needed (not thinking we would get a shower), and I also think people will buy clothes, which is great too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageonlymeggan:

Serta Perfect Dream Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress is nice and $90. 

Sealy Precious Rest Crib & Toddler Mattress is $80

I want to say we have the Serta but it's been 2 yrs so don't hold me to that LOL

Thanks!  Our current mattress is 8 years old, so I wasn't even about to guess at the brand name.  ;-) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh! I did obsessive research on this and it was probably the hardest item to research.  Carseats and strollers were actually easier.  Anyways, I settled on....the seal soybean foam core mattress.  Got good reviews, supposedly very safe and long-lasting and it is not too terribly pricey.  Hope this helps! 

https://www.amazon.com/Sealy-Soybean-Foam-Core-Crib-Mattress/dp/B001N4LE5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354808292&sr=8-1&keywords=sealy+soybean+foam-core+crib+mattress

Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• imagejessicalgilmore:

Ugh! I did obsessive research on this and it was probably the hardest item to research.  Carseats and strollers were actually easier.  Anyways, I settled on....the seal soybean foam core mattress.  Got good reviews, supposedly very safe and long-lasting and it is not too terribly pricey.  Hope this helps! 

https://www.amazon.com/Sealy-Soybean-Foam-Core-Crib-Mattress/dp/B001N4LE5M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354808292&sr=8-1&keywords=sealy+soybean+foam-core+crib+mattress

Add another for this mattress, also chosen after tons of research! It's $130 at Babies R Us. When I originally registered, it was still $180 on Amazon, but now I'm tempted to order it and return the other for the extra $30... is that ridiculous?!  I'm so cheap!  But anyway - yeah - we're hoping it holds up to the research we've done.

• I only have like 25 items on my regestry, and I have two registries! (Baby items at BRU, and diapers only at Target.com).  I had to get a new crib matteress this time because my daughter used hers until she started school this year, and she completely wore the thing out!  She was in her crib exclusively until she was 4 years old, then used the mattress alone as a nap pad at my mom's place until she started school.

I bought my mattress at Walmart, but I have a round crib, so our options were really limited.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• We have the Sealy Perfect dreamer or something like that. Good price, but it's also been 2 yrs for us.  Mattress is still good for this LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hmm, mattresses are one of the few things I didn't research like crazy.  I just knew it needed to be very firm.  One came with our JC Penny crib, and it was plenty firm, so I didn't even check out anymore.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my dad researched like crazy and I think got the colgate classica 3. converts to toddler. firm baby side!
  • imageJaci85:
    my dad researched like crazy and I think got the colgate classica 3. converts to toddler. firm baby side!

I have this one. 

photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"