December 2012 Moms

My Poor Jaundice Baby

So Zoey has been having trouble with Jaundice. Since she has been born she has had blood taken. The numbers are not high enough for treatment, but she needs to be monitored. At the hospital they were pricking her feet, but at the pedatricion they want to draw the blood because if you dont it can break down the blood cells and can give false readings. Well today at the doctors office they had to stick her 5 times before they were able to draw blood. Finally they had to go through an artery in her wrist. My heart was so broken, She was screaming to the point where her poor throat was bleeding a little. I started crying after they tried for the 4th time. Its was so awful, but the test results came back a lot better than they have the past 4 days. Finally they are starting to go down. She will have to go back Friday to get blood drawn again, if the numbers are down again then she wont have to do it again. Never felt so bad in my life. Crying
2weeks_zps47aaf230 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My Poor Jaundice Baby

• Poor little thing! Hopefully everything gets better for both of you soon!
    Damon & Alaric Icon Pictures, Images and PhotosCute icon Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww hunny I can only imagine...I am so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you and your little princess in my prayers. Keep your chin up..you will get through.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DD2 has jaundice as well and I hate the daily blood draws!

Unfortunately DD's levels have continued to rise and she has to wear this special phototherapy blanket.

Hopefully both our LO's will be done with all the additional doctors visits and tests soon!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Wow. My baby was jaundiced too and we never had to do that. His level is finally back to normal. Feeding him every two hours was what finally got his numbers to come down. The bili lights helped too, but when we started basically force feeding him, they dropped quick.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Your poor darling! So is it just me only having a vague awareness of the jaundice treatment, or was getting that diagnosis worse and more tramatic than if they had just started doing treatments with the light?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry you and LO are having to go through this. I pray this is all over soon and that your LO is well ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Ugh, so sorry you're going through this! My first DD was jaundiced for over a month. She was given a light blanket treatment, but it didn't bring her numbers down so she had to be re-admitted to the hospital. All the blood draws and having your baby attached to a light machine sure sucks when you are just trying to spend quality time with your newborn, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with this!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It bugs me to no end that they put infants through that when there really isn't a dire need!! I was a super jaundicey baby, as was my sister, and they told my mom to put me in front of the window for a few hours a day. Not get my heel pricked a million times. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this!!
    EDD#1 12/5/12 Born 11/21/12 My LB is better than your LB.BrittanyDoesDerby 4 LYFE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    EDD#2 2.20.16 I love you already! <3

BabyFruit Ticker
    FEB16 Siggy Challenge Fave TV mom
  • That is so sad.  :(  I would have cried too.  Poor thing.  Hopefully on Friday everything is fine and you both don't have to go through that again. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope it resolves itself and she is feeling better very soon!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hope she gets better fast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"