Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Nanny Gift Ideas

Any gift ideas for our nanny for christmas? I'm wanting to do something homemade from my 2 year old daughter as well as give her something.  I tend to think that she would just want money but we aren't in the position to give her a couple hundred...maybe spend a total of $50 -$100.  She is new to the area so I thought about a gift card to try some new restaurants with her boyfriend but I'm not sure if that just seems cheap either.  Any ideas?  Her birthday is 2 days after Christmas so I'm willing to spend a little more since I'll be combining both celebrations together.

Also, any homemade gifts that would be cute from my daughter?

TIA!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Nanny Gift Ideas

• Options

I used to be a nanny and let me tell you cash is always appreciated, even if it's not as much as you would like to give.  

As for a homemade gift, maybe you and your daughter could bake her something together?  Or what about helping your daughter make a Christmas ornament for her?  I think a homemade gift is a great idea because I'm sure it will be something she will enjoy, plus I bet your daughter will be proud to give it to her.

• Options

Cash, Starbucks gift card, or spa gift card from you.

for DD, paint the lengths of her fingers white and help her wrap her hand around the bottom of a glass ornament, with a sharpie add eyes, nose, mouth, and hats to 5 very cute little snowmen. Cheap, cute, personal. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesschwege:

I used to be a nanny and let me tell you cash is always appreciated, even if it's not as much as you would like to give.  

As for a homemade gift, maybe you and your daughter could bake her something together?  Or what about helping your daughter make a Christmas ornament for her?  I think a homemade gift is a great idea because I'm sure it will be something she will enjoy, plus I bet your daughter will be proud to give it to her.

I'm a former nanny as well, and I agree all of these ideas sound great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I love your ideas! 

We had a nanny last year and DS got her a heart key necklace from Tiffany. We did give her a little cash bonus, but it wasn't a week's pay or anything like that.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"