November 2012 Moms

Itchy boobies

I am formula feeding and my milk just started to come in a couple days ago (today is day 8 PP, milk started coming in at day 5). I've been using cabbage leaves to dry it up and it seems to be slowly working, they aren't as hard but they are still bigger and more sensitive than normal.

I've noticed just in the last 24 hours or so that they seem to be really itchy, the nipple area especially.  Anyone else have this problem? Is it the cabbage making it itchy or is that just how it is at this point with trying to dry up milk?

It's really irritating! 

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Itchy boobies

• I'm pumping and mine are itching like whoa. I think they're irritated.

Hope you get relief soon!

knottie formerly known as rcj2rcd

• I noticed the same thing when I had the cabbage in. When I removed it, the tatas were less itchy. I am just about two weeks in of dry up and haven't been wearing the cabbage for the last several days. They are getting super soft and not nearly as itchy. I figured it was most likely the cabbage, which I found odd cause I had to do the cabbage with my first and didn't recall any itchiness. I assumed that changed is time.

Try to go a little while without the cabbage and see if that makes a difference.  I have always equated itch with healing and so I kinda figured it was a good thing.

• image rdmitten:
    I'm pumping and mine are itching like whoa. I think they're irritated. Hope you get relief soon!

Mine itch from pumping too...and nothing seems to be helping! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am BF'ing but am dealing with some engorgement/oversupply and my boobs itch like fury! I just figure it's from the stretching.