Baby Names

Names for Girls

I have some names on my list that you don't hear too much of anymore (at least, not on this board).  I'm curious what you're thoughts are...

Ingrid

Anita

Rita

Mary Ann

Renee

Marjorie

Not pregnant, by the way.  I just like names :-)

~ thirteen cycles ~ March 2014: Chemical Pregnancy ~
image   image

Independence Hall, Philadelphia PA - the heart of our country in my hometown city; Atlantic Ocean island wedding, 2011.

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

(Don't make me regret it, new posters)

Re: Names for Girls

• Wait, you have to be pregnant to ask about names? I'm screwed! Wink

I like Renee best. I also like Anita and Rita.

Ingrid and Marjorie do not sound pretty to me. Mary Ann is just blah.

• Adopted DS #1- '05 
    • Adopted DS #2- '07
    • DS born August 1, 2011
    • DD born August 27, 2013

• I loooooove Ingrid, and wanted it for DD but DH wasn't convinced. So pretty.
  • Nice list!  My favorite on your list is Mary Ann.  It's so old fashioned and sweet.

I also really like Marjorie-- would you do a NN?

If I had to pick a "least" favorite, it would be Ingrid, and only because of a negative  personal connotation that I have.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

• I like Mary Ann!

Anna Catherine 7/23/2012, 35 weeks 5 days, 5 lbs 5 oz (PProm)

Baby Sam 10/4/2013, 36 weeks 2 days, 5 lbs 14 oz

• Marjorie is my favorite, I don't really like Rita or Ingrid
  • Rita is one of my favorite girl names!!! DH has a negative association with it, so we won't use it, but I love love love it!
    imageimage
    ~ It's a BOY!!! Expecting baby brother October 17 ~

• i like Ingrid and Mary Ann, feel neutral about Renee and Rita, and don't particularly care for Anita or Marjorie.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The only one I like is Ingrid, but it's not a name I would personally use. It makes me think of old Hollywood glamor.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• I like them all.

My favorite is Mary Ann. It is my maternal grandmother's name and I'd like to use it someday, in either fn or mn position.

After Mary Ann, my next choices would be Ingrid and Renee.

• Ingrid: I really like Ingrid. It is that rare combination of strong and beautiful and spunky that would be great for an adorable toddler, a modern woman, or a goddess-queen. If I were even a little bit Nordic, I would consider Ingrid for future kids.

Anita: Bland. I can see it as a nickname for a longer An- name, but it does nothing for me as a first name.

Rita: I like Rita ? sort of spunky with that Doris/Dorothy/Gloria early-to-mid-20th-century vibe. I don't think it's gorgeous and timeless like Ingrid, but it could work.

Mary Ann: The Mary names are always pretty, though they do carry a whiff of Catholic school jumpers for me. My mom is Mary Ellen and I know lots of other Catholic women of her generation who use this name pattern. I prefer Anne (AoGG).

Renee: Does nothing for me. For the life of me, I cannot understand why this is such a popular middle name.

Marjorie: Lovely. Second to Ingrid, with many of the same qualities. It's maybe a bit cuter and bit less badass than Ingrid.

I'd go with Ingrid or Marjorie. Next would be Mary Ann or Rita. Pass on Anita and Renee.

• My favorites are Anita and Marjorie.
    5 losses and several failed cycles
    2 miracles
    J born 4/19/10
    A born 5/16/13
  • My favorite from your list is Ingrid, very pretty! The others are NMS.
    BFP #3 1.10.14 EDD 9.22.14
    CafeMom Tickers

Missing both of my little angels every day
    BFP #1 1.22.13 EDD 10.04.13 MMC at 8w5d
    BFP #2 4.23.13 EDD 1.3.14 MMC at 7w3d
    http://cdn.cl9.vanillaforums.com/thebump.vanillaforums.com/FileUpload/bf/b253f893595400ecf85a23bf5bc5ba.jpg

• My favorite is Marjorie.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ingrid -meh

Anita - I like Anita quite a bit.

Rita - not a fan

Mary Ann- My name is Mary so I like it. :)

Renee - I like this name.

Marjorie- it's okay

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ingrid- I really like it

Anita- feels dated

Rita- same as Anita

Mary Ann- very nice, I love double first names especially with Mary

Renee- pretty

Marjorie- one of my first old lady name crushes.

I'd rank in this order:  Marjorie, Mary Ann, Ingrid, Renee and then lagging way behind Anita and Rita.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think I like them all.  Although Marjorie makes me think of that episode of Roseanne where Jackie finds out her real name is Marjorie and they just call her Jackie because when Roseanne tried to say Marjorie, she said My Jackie.

And that's my random tidbit of the day to show you all what an old hag I am.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My favorite is Renee.  I love this name.  Mary Ann, Anita and Ingrid I like.  I love Mary Ann actually.  I don't like Rita and I don't like Marjorie.  Marjorie reminds me of margarine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards